AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-03-06, 08:19   Link #321
grecefar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Either way they have different VA. Kumoko is Aoi Yuuki and Demon Lord is Sumire Ueasaka.
they sound almost the same to be honest...
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-06, 08:37   Link #322
Tenzen12

Well yeah, that's why I checked VA
Old 2021-03-06, 09:57   Link #323
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Speculating who the Demon Lord is is fine, but let’s not use future content spoilers for that speculation (at least until the anime presents them).
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-06, 09:57   Link #324
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strahan View Post
I'm confused now. I thought in the manga
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Manga:
Old 2021-03-06, 15:04   Link #325
Strahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor's Hammer View Post
Who else could it be?
Yea, they suggested it in the last episode with all the subtlety of a brick to the face lol

Quote:
Either way they have different VA. Kumoko is Aoi Yuuki and Demon Lord is Sumire Ueasaka.
Different voices don't really mean much. A change of form would logically cover a change of voice.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-06, 16:11   Link #326
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
Was the voice actress for "creepy girl" from that flash back episode listed in the credits?
Neither she nor Wakaba had any lines prerincarnation so far.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-06, 16:15   Link #327
Blueknight78

i also feel which some peoples are falling in a trap, remember not all students are with the teacher and we have some "missing" this demon lord could be one of the missing students, which decided go full "demon lord" chunibiou", seeying this world as a sort of game since it have "games elements'.
Old 2021-03-06, 16:25   Link #328
grecefar

My thoughts that she is wakaba comes from that shun, hugo and even the genderswap guy looks like their former selfs. This demon lord looks like the human wakaba, the web use, she knows the armor guy and they met a long ago, and we were show how he met wakaba just a couple of scenes before, the voices sounded almost the same, she knows shun is yamada, etc.

They are throwing everything to make us believe that demon lord is wakaba, if she is not well they did a great job misleading.
Old 2021-03-06, 17:36   Link #329
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
My thoughts that she is wakaba comes from that shun, hugo and even the genderswap guy looks like their former selfs. This demon lord looks like the human wakaba, the web use, she knows the armor guy and they met a long ago, and we were show how he met wakaba just a couple of scenes before, the voices sounded almost the same, she knows shun is yamada, etc.

They are throwing everything to make us believe that demon lord is wakaba, if she is not well they did a great job misleading.
how she looks like wakaba???, for me she looks different, first wakabe have long hair and she have short, wakaba have let's say around cup c and d boobs while the demon lord female is your classic "A", cup boobs
here the demon lord
Spoiler:

they look really different from me.
while anime didn't show yet wakaba in full(they cut a lot of when we can see her), for me they don't look really like that
Old 2021-03-06, 17:40   Link #330
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

So no one knows who the girl in the ED is?

The smartphone helped give us a reference for Kumoko's size. She looks to be about the size of a human adult crawling on all fours.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-06, 18:40   Link #331
grecefar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
how she looks like wakaba???, for me she looks different, first wakabe have long hair and she have short, wakaba have let's say around cup c and d boobs while the demon lord female is your classic "A", cup boobs
here the demon lord
Spoiler:

they look really different from me.
while anime didn't show yet wakaba in full(they cut a lot of when we can see her), for me they don't look really like that
what's important is the face, no all of the reincarnated have the same body, hugo looks more buff and genderswap guy not much to say, even loli sensei is an elf and the religious girl has white air, but they retain their faces. The simple glance we had of past wakaba face even with the long hair at least looks a like the demon lord face.
Old 2021-03-06, 18:44   Link #332
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
So no one knows who the girl in the ED is?

The smartphone helped give us a reference for Kumoko's size. She looks to be about the size of a human adult crawling on all fours.
The girl in the end isn't ment to be anyone just a generic maho shojo to fit the song lyrics.
"Ah, I dreamed of being reincarnated to a different world as a guaranteed high status of beautiful girl"
And calling back to a joke in the book about her being one after learning magic.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-07, 01:20   Link #333
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strahan View Post

Different voices don't really mean much. A change of form would logically cover a change of voice.
Kumoko already changed form three times. So far there was no change of voice actor.
Old 2021-03-07, 01:30   Link #334
Thor's Hammer

Quote:
Kumoko already changed form three times. So far there was no change of voice actor.
But that voice is just what Kumoko thinks she sounds like in her Taratect forms. Maybe once she actually has a humanoid mouth, she will sound different. We see in this episode that the way Kumoko sees herself is not what she actually looks like since she doesn't actually have cute eyes and stuff, so a similar thing could apply to her voice.

I think the OP itself hints of the Demon Lord being Kumoko in that we see multiple shots of Kumoko after the Demon Lord spreads her cloak, showing different spots in Kumoko's life. This is definitely an intentional choice, whatever the reason behind directing the shot like that.
Thor's Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-07, 01:50   Link #335
Strahan

Quote:
When I said change of form I meant significant change of form.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-07, 02:14   Link #336
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post

There is certainly still a chance that it isn't Kumoko. But then we're talking about an entity that just so happens to use spider threads, have abyssal magic, is almost certainly a reincarnated individual, has a surprising connection to the guy Kumoko just met this episode, and seems to have a particular issue with potentially losing her home/territory. The last one isn't all that unique, but certainly fits with Kumoko's increasing refusal to back down, retreat, or lose anything ever again.

The show wants us to make that connection, so I see no issue with making that connection for the time being. The different voice is noteworthy, but after 15 years and who knows how many evolutions that isn't such a big issue. Heck, the voice she's using may be one she gave to one of her numerous parallel minds. Maybe she has "Demon Lord Mind" that she lets handle the political stuff while she ponders things inside her own head.
Old 2021-03-07, 03:03   Link #337
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor's Hammer View Post
But that voice is just what Kumoko thinks she sounds like in her Taratect forms. Maybe once she actually has a humanoid mouth, she will sound different. We see in this episode that the way Kumoko sees herself is not what she actually looks like since she doesn't actually have cute eyes and stuff, so a similar thing could apply to her voice.

I think the OP itself hints of the Demon Lord being Kumoko in that we see multiple shots of Kumoko after the Demon Lord spreads her cloak, showing different spots in Kumoko's life. This is definitely an intentional choice, whatever the reason behind directing the shot like that.
I am not saying, they are not necessarily same person, but change form is stupid reason to change VA from spider to person, especially as it's just her inner voice. There is no reason replace Aoi Yuuki, especially as she is still working on show. mind you other students (except one that reincarnated as girl) kept their original voices too (irc), despite becoming completely different person or even spieces. Why dragon girl doesn't have different VA?

Simple change of form doesn't cut it. Either it's difference person or there is more to it.
Old 2021-03-07, 03:08   Link #338
Blueknight78

i do feel which unless something really drastic happened, being a "evil demon lord" is not her "personality", so far kumoko is being showed as a "good person", which only was "killing for survive", but tried to make "friends everytime she could but aways failing because monsters just wanted to eat her, for exemple all the times she tried to avoid humans not just because they where strong but also because she don't wanted to have issues with then, then see kumoko "start a war" and threatening even her "generals" just for lulz is for me a lot out of character, she suddenly goes from that spider just trying to stay alive to be a full evil demon lord trying to conquest and destroy all.

and about "op"
Spoiler:

Last edited by Blueknight78; 2021-03-07 at 03:26.
Blueknight78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-07, 03:15   Link #339
Tenzen12

To play devil advocate, "suddenly" in this case would mean 15 years

We also don't know why Demon Lord-chan want start war in first place, only that lot of people (or demons) have to die for something happen or not happen.
Old 2021-03-07, 03:23   Link #340
Blueknight78

Quote:
To play devil advocate, "suddenly" in this case would mean 15 years

We also don't know why Demon Lord-chan want start war in first place, only that lot of people (or demons) have to die for something happen or not happen.
yeah that is the thing, for her to become a sadistic like that, unless we get a "kaifuku plot twist here", i can't see her going from a good person to a "sadistic evil like that" even in a long time, again unless something really big happened to make her don't care about others life.