4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 3.64%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-08-02, 20:09   Link #81
novalysis

I wonder, did Mayumi herself knew she was being offered to Tatsuya? I guess, given that Kudou Retsu was likely present during the meeting, the plan to offer a bride from one of the other 10MCs, to pull Tatsuya away for the Yotsubas might actually have been his? Although, Jummonji implied it was a long term scheme.

Although, probably, only Kudou and Maya among those present in the meeting knew who Tatsuya really is. Which means, it might be reasonable conclusion that either Maya Yotsuba didn't value Tatsuya that much, or she was confident that the scheme will be a failure.
Old 2014-08-02, 20:17   Link #82
Ickarium

It's quite possible that she hoped it'd succeed. Remember, he's plotting against her if what he said to his sister is true. The Yotsuba seem really 'decadent court' with the butler stuff earlier. She may have thought getting rid of him would be good and let her put another 'bodyguard' on Miyuki, one she can control.
Old 2014-08-02, 20:18   Link #83
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
I wonder, did Mayumi herself knew she was being offered to Tatsuya? I guess, given that Kudou Retsu was likely present during the meeting, the plan to offer a bride from one of the other 10MCs, to pull Tatsuya away for the Yotsubas might actually have been his? Although, Jummonji implied it was a long term scheme.

Although, probably, only Kudou and Maya among those present in the meeting knew who Tatsuya really is. Which means, it might be reasonable conclusion that either Maya Yotsuba didn't value Tatsuya that much, or she was confident that the scheme will be a failure.
arranged marriages are quite common among magicians and especially with the 10MCs who would seek to bring in only those who could make them stronger. So Mayumi likely understands that it could be an option after he beat Ichijou Masaki. Otherwise the current families could be replaced.

The fact that he s a guardian of the Yotsuba and totally dedicated to Miyuki gives Miya a trump card to keep him from the rest. Kudou would likely try to find a way to get around that though. Either way Tatsuya's lack of emotions means he wouldn't care too much as long as he could continue to look after Miyuki. The Yotsuba would never give up their hold on him though.
Old 2014-08-02, 20:38   Link #84
pampz21
ShipCore

You guys are pondering about murder and shit?
If youre an existance above human level even if you did homicide, genecide or holocaust. No man is able to stop you unless its another higher being. Try looking at Hitler; worse badass of all time. Germans at that time will hail your namr as a man who gave devine punishment; Hitler may think that what he did help Europe become a better country but the world may see it differently.

Anyway huw@t? marry Mayumi? I call it blasphemy!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2014-08-02, 20:47   Link #85
My Zodiac Aries

horrible episode.
why they cut tatsuya comment about Phalanx vs Decomposition.
Old 2014-08-02, 21:17   Link #86
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
Again, what has that to do with the viewer being able to call him a murderer? And by the way, the government is not above the law in a modern state. It doesn't matter whether you have governmental approval or not when you conduct something illegal. It remains illegal.
Actually even the Charter of Human Rights aknowledges the death penalty and killing soldiers during war.
Not to mention the special anti-terrorism laws pretty much every country has, and no-head dragon is a terrorist group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
It is not the higher ups, necessarily, it is about public opinion. The Ten Clans should always be the best. Some no-name beat someone from the Ten Clans. Therefore Juumonji should overpower and destroy everyone to show the superiority of the Ten Clans.
I wonder how he will pull that off, because from what they said they want it to be seen public in some form of challenge, which Tatsuya can simply refuse.

Another thing I don't get is how this even came to be, I thought his aunt /the Yotsuba Clan is one of the 10 clans too, and just stranger than the rest together...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
It looks bad if a "nobody" beats someone that is the next head of one of the ten clans. Because the relationship between the Yotsuba and Tatsuya is hidden him winning is seen as somewhat undermining their authority as they exist in part to keep all the rest of the mages in line as the leaders of Japan's magicians and therefore are seen as the Strongest of mages. Jumonji's solution is marry him in to one of the ten families.
So I don't understand how it comes that Tatsuya's aunt agreed to that decision of making him Marry someone from the 10 clans, or doing a contest against him to show off something they intend to keep secret.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2014-08-02, 21:23   Link #87
chaosbeowulf

For those who argue that it's murder, do remember that the No-Head Dragon syndicate sent the Generator, which can be considered as a suicide bomber, to the arena of 9 School Competition. Which happened to be one of Japan's military base. If anything, I would argue that this is self-defense, spec-ops style.
Old 2014-08-02, 21:44   Link #88
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post

Another thing I don't get is how this even came to be, I thought his aunt /the Yotsuba Clan is one of the 10 clans too, and just stranger than the rest together...

So I don't understand how it comes that Tatsuya's aunt agreed to that decision of making him Marry someone from the 10 clans, or doing a contest against him to show off something they intend to keep secret.
Jummonji was suggesting that Tatsuya marry Mayumi he wasn't ordering it or anything. The Ten Master Clans didn't order Jummonji to tell Tatsuya he has to marry Mayumi it was just something he was suggesting so Tatsuya would be part of the 10MC and wouldn't have to put up with things like that every time he does something that is a little too impressive. The fact that after Tatsuya said I'm too young once Jummonji dropped it and left shows that it wasn't an order it was just a personal suggestion. We also don't know if it was unanimous decision and if it involved every clan or just the clans of the people present.
Old 2014-08-02, 21:54   Link #89
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
Jummonji was suggesting that Tatsuya marry Mayumi he wasn't ordering it or anything. The Ten Master Clans didn't order Jummonji to tell Tatsuya he has to marry Mayumi it was just something he was suggesting so Tatsuya would be part of the 10MC and wouldn't have to put up with things like that every time he does something that is a little too impressive. The fact that after Tatsuya said I'm too young once Jummonji dropped it and left shows that it wasn't an order it was just a personal suggestion. We also don't know if it was unanimous decision and if it involved every clan or just the clans of the people present.
Yeah there is a good chance for there to be conflict with the 10MC as a result of his victory. Possibly infighting between the clans as each vies to get Tatsuya in with them. Juumonji's suggestion is to try and preempt them and save Tatsuya a lot of trouble. Right now Tatsuya is a student so they won't make a serious attempt. They will likely just keep an eye on Tatsuya and see if he is worth it or not. Tatsuya's skills though don't let him not stand out and Juumonji realizes this. That's likely why he gave the suggestion to Tatsuya.
Old 2014-08-02, 22:42   Link #90
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Wow did they marginalize Fujibashi in this episode.

And if I remember from the novel wasn't the Trident a Rifle with a Scope?

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Old 2014-08-02, 22:49   Link #91
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin View Post
Wow did they marginalize Fujibashi in this episode.

And if I remember from the novel wasn't the Trident a Rifle with a Scope?
"Trident" is Tatsuya's handgun cad

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2014-08-02, 22:51   Link #92
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Glad that the No-Head Dragons are out of the picture thanks to Tatsuya Shiba. They deserved it for not being pro-active enough in manipulating the Nine Schools Competition!

On the other hand, I think it's a bad idea for Jumonji inviting Tatsuya to join the Ten Master Clans as he might confront with the Yotsuba clan. Tatsuya is so overpowered that he might topple the clans!
Old 2014-08-02, 23:00   Link #93
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
...I wonder how he will pull that off, because from what they said they want it to be seen public in some form of challenge, which Tatsuya can simply refuse.

Another thing I don't get is how this even came to be, I thought his aunt /the Yotsuba Clan is one of the 10 clans too, and just stronger than the rest together...
I understood it to mean how Juumonji performed in the Finals match of Monolith Code - in other words, overshadow by singlehandedly dominating in the same game in which Tatsuya defeated a member of the Ten Master Clans.

Tatsuya is directly related to the Clans, but seems to be held in derision, like an exile or a nobody or a no-name amongst them (which causes Miyuki no small amount of irritation - one of the triggers for her to start unintentionally freezing things around her). Tatsuya does not speak of it for whatever reasons and if the Yotsuba stood up and said "Oh no you don't! Don't make an example of Tatsuya!" that could raise suspicions from the other members of the Clans, I would guess....
Old 2014-08-02, 23:43   Link #94
tsukimori

=.= mayumi meh her... she's not getting her hands on Tatsuya....Miyuki would freeze her ass... anyways overall nice ep
Old 2014-08-02, 23:46   Link #95
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsukimori View Post
=.= mayumi meh her... she's not getting her hands on Tatsuya....Miyuki would freeze her ass... anyways overall nice ep
More like giving her the cold shoulder... Or the chills...
Ok....horrible jab, bad me

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2014-08-02, 23:48   Link #96
SeaDoor

OK... I am confused.
I do not understand why it was important for Tatsuya to marry Mayumi to be apart of the 10 Master Clans. I thought the Yotsuba Clans WAS one of them so Tatsuya is also. Do his classmates not know that Tatsuya is Yotsuba? Doesn't that make what Juumonji's advice irrelevant?

BTW: I am still being a bit unsettled by what really seems to be elitists, maybe even fascist, undertone in this series.
Old 2014-08-02, 23:54   Link #97
Wigwams

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDoor View Post
OK... I am confused.
I do not understand why it was important for Tatsuya to marry Mayumi to be apart of the 10 Master Clans. I thought the Yotsuba Clans WAS one of them so Tatsuya is also. Do his classmates not know that Tatsuya is Yotsuba? Doesn't that make what Juumonji's advice irrelevant?

BTW: I am still being a bit unsettled by what really seems to be elitists, maybe even fascist, undertone in this series.
tatsuya and miyuki being children of yotsuba miya(?) is a secret. their surname is shiba afterall, not yotsuba. so yeah, their schoolmates have no idea.
Old 2014-08-02, 23:55   Link #98
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
OK... I am confused.
I do not understand why it was important for Tatsuya to marry Mayumi to be apart of the 10 Master Clans. I thought the Yotsuba Clans WAS one of them so Tatsuya is also. Do his classmates not know that Tatsuya is Yotsuba? Doesn't that make what Juumonji advice irrelevant?

They do not know that Tatsuya is part of the Yotsuba. But apparently for whatever reason Tatsuya is treated as both a "nobody" and is somehow considered to belong to the Yotsuba family proper, but they do not want people to know that, apparently, so the info about Tatsuya and Miyuki is rather ironclad and nigh-impossible to uncover. No Head Dragon was complaining about it in this ep too, in fact. Kokonoe (Tatsuya's combat instructor - the shinobi) also mentioned he tried to look into it way back in ep 5, 6, or 7 and could not uncover anything either, if I remember correctly.

The only ones who seem to know about Tatsuya are his military compatriots and folks like Kudou (the older gentleman with the black eyes) - as evidenced by the discussion he and Tatsuya's superior (?) had in this ep as well.
Old 2014-08-02, 23:57   Link #99
Wandering Soul

Quote:
OK... I am confused.

Juumonji doesn't know that Tatsuya comes from the Yotsuba. It's supposed to be a secret. Also the Yotsuba doesn't consider Tatsuya one of them. To them Tatsuya is just Miyuki's bodyguard and a failure. When Tatsuya visited the company to show them how he figured out flight magic as he was leaving he ran into his father and a banker that works for the family. Even the banker was talking down to him and insulting him to show that the Yotsuba doesn't have a high opinion of him.

EDIT: Ninjaed
Old 2014-08-02, 23:57   Link #100
Tormenk

Quote:
OK... I am confused.
They don't and the siblings didn't reveal their connections to any of their classmates as well. Though it can be said Maya probably lied during the clan meeting or just didn't bother to turn up.

Still with the end of this arc, I wonder how many people caught on with the connection about Mikihiko's lack of confidence stemming from an accident similar to the one that befell the Mirage Bat contestant whose magic failed? And going back to the role of 'course two as reserves issue' in the enrolment arc?

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Closed Thread