*** 11 47.83%
**** 2 8.70%
***** 2 8.70%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-10-30, 13:13   Link #1
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

Episode 207 Discussion

Welcome to this week's episode discussion thread posted a few days before it airs in Japan (which is on Thursday).
  • Naruto Forum RULES...
    • DO NOT ASK where to download RAWs or Fansubs... and DO NOT MENTION fansub group names...
      For further information please visit the Naruto Licensed! Ask for it = Ban thread
  • Thread Guidelines...
    • NO Manga Spoilers
    • If you don't like the fillers then DO NOT POST
      Filler discussion/news is located in the Fillers Discussion thread
    • Discuss your expectations of this episode if it hasn't aired yet.
    • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    • Try to keep the discussion on topic and leave future episode spoilers out of the thread.
    • Please do not whine / moan / complain about the episode.
Please Remember... Only Admins/Mods may create Episode Discussion Threads

Sorry, was late this week.
Old 2006-10-30, 13:21   Link #2
epyon96

Can you state in the opening post if the episode is filler or not for those of us that have left the anime for over 1.5 years?

Thanks

Epyon
epyon96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-30, 14:10   Link #3
Blaine

It's still filler.
Old 2006-10-30, 15:17   Link #4
0TaKu0
Tesseract Enigma
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to 0TaKu0 Send a message via MSN to 0TaKu0
Ieie, daijoubou syo~ better late then never ElvenPath ˆºˆ;

We'll its a filler, and I voted fairly and gave it 3 stars. It was not too bad, or painful to watch It gave me something to do when I was bored basically.

When I look at this episode all I can really think about is the new opening to be honest I think the new opening has finally sunk in and I realize how awesome it is. Heh truth is I replayed it about 4 times before finally watching the episode. Aside from all the spoilers of how the older version of each person looks like, I loved the Taijutsu it show's Naruto practicing. He has always lacked this Naruto always fought like a street brawler charging at his opponent with one fist out. It really appealed to me the Taijutsu he was doing, also the part where he's sparing with Lee and Neji those series of kicks he delivered on those two looked awesome and devastating. (Whooped their ass)

Also the new opening song is great, but speaking of music this is something that MUST BE SAID, or at least I feel so. I was watching some of the old episodes just to do it. One thing that I noticed is one of the really big reasons I "Fell in love" with this Anime is because of its music, specifically the Pump Up Music. I also noticed.. it slowly disappeared as the episode's went on. I REALLY miss the occasional SA, SA-SE, SA-SE, SA SA SA SA SU-RE SU-RIA (or something like that here and there lol XD).

So yea.. what happened to the pump up music ? What happened to Raising The Fighting Spirit !! (or The Naruto Theme how did that disappear? T_T) All the drums all the Taijutsu yell’s, man that stuff really got me pumped along with Naruto and the Episode *sigh* that’s what I REALLY MISS.

I mean, BLEACH still has its guitar solo's and guitar shredding music (which is awesome) I just wish Naruto would have kept that Pump up music. It might return when the fillers end, who knows.

Speaking of fillers, guys don’t be mad about it, fillers are very important to this show (or any show). Think about it this way Naruto the Manga has been out almost 6-7 years, and the anime what? 2-3? Well the fillers for the Anime start at Episode 135 right? Well guess what Episode 135 is the equivalent of Manga chapter 238 and the Manga is currently at Chapter 329, so can you understand? 238 Chapters turned in to only 135 episode's if they didn’t do fillers, they would literally run out of Manga. That is all
Old 2006-10-30, 16:16   Link #5
Xelsol

It's true about the importance of fillers, I just got done reading Gantz and decided to watch the anime... bad idea. They started the anime too early and caught up with the manga. Without knowing what was going to happen next in the manga, they made up their own story and ended the anime way before the series was done. You don't want that to happen to Naruto, right? Then just deal with the fillers and have a little patience.

I don't mind fillers too much, It's like watching a mini series that I don't know the outcome of. If the anime picks back up after the time skip, I already know what will happen from reading the manga. Just enjoy it a little... complaining about fillers won't make them end any sooner, so just watch them with somewhat of an open mind.

Edit: Also before anybody gets all defensive, I'm not directly attacking anybody in this post. More like, pointing out my opinion to the general "OMG filler sux" population
Xelsol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-30, 16:18   Link #6
Mangs
So sexy it hurts

Send a message via AIM to Mangs Send a message via MSN to Mangs
I agree on the fact that fillers are needed, but there's one thing you, and everyone here should agree on. Even though the fillers are poor in animation, music, drawing, collouring, shading etc, there's one thing that doesn't cost money, and that is the fantasy and creativity to create a good story arc. I'm not saying I'm awesome, but I sure could make up a good story if I just had some time and the power to make it become real. I don't care if the animations in it were poor, I could still create a decent story and make the filler less painfull to watch, at least it didn't had to contain ninja postmen, ramen thieves and all that stuff.

As for the episode, I'm pretty happy with it, it was good for a filler, but when I saw the preview for the new episode, I started crying
Old 2006-10-30, 16:31   Link #7
Xelsol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangs View Post
As for the episode, I'm pretty happy with it, it was good for a filler, but when I saw the preview for the new episode, I started crying
Well not to get your hopes up, but I don't think a title has been released for 210 yet, and it has been a while since the title for 209 was released... I still don't think the fillers will end within this season though. Maybe, and thats a big maybe, this will be the last season of the year long filler arcs. But like I said, just sit back and wait, the fillers will end when the animators are ready for them to end.
Xelsol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-30, 17:36   Link #8
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

I was hoping for a bit more w/ the final fight...I was kinda let down really...but it was nice that overall Naruto wasn't the one that defeats the main enemy.

epyon - Elven pretty much states that the series is on Filler w/ the OP...
Quote:
If you don't like the fillers then DO NOT POST
that's shown every week in the OP w/ Elven
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-30, 19:31   Link #9
epyon96

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
I was hoping for a bit more w/ the final fight...I was kinda let down really...but it was nice that overall Naruto wasn't the one that defeats the main enemy.

epyon - Elven pretty much states that the series is on Filler w/ the OP...

that's shown every week in the OP w/ Elven
More explicit would be nice. I'm not used to the episode posts anymore having not followed them for over a year. He just mentioned not to "bitch" about fillers; that doesn't immediately jump at me that this episode was a filler.

EPYON

Epyon
epyon96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-30, 19:57   Link #10
Omiane
Shounen Archiver

Send a message via AIM to Omiane Send a message via MSN to Omiane Send a message via Yahoo to Omiane
I kinda liked it tho maybe cuz it was ending everything or maybe cuz something acutally happened idk. Btu im just glad I dont have to see Yakumo anymore and Kurenai who can barely fight. I wouldve been satisfied if at least I saw Gai fight but no. OH well I was something to watch tho.
Omiane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-30, 20:59   Link #11
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

One of the Better filler ep to come in a while compared to the one hour disasater this was really good . One thing Intrigues me how did Team kurenai and Naruto did not undertstand the whole setup was an illusion .

EDIT : Posted in 207 instead of 206 silly me -_-
Old 2006-10-30, 23:16   Link #12
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

The episode wasn't too bad. Mostly talking, but it was good seeing a flashback of the 3rd Hokage. The final fight scene was..meh..not too exciting. The preview for the next episode seems to indicate that the next arc will feature Naruto and Kiba. But it doesn't look too promising as far as story or animation. I'll stick to the manga for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0TaKu0
It really appealed to me the Taijutsu he was doing, also the part where he's sparing with Lee and Neji those series of kicks he delivered on those two looked awesome and devastating. (Whooped their ass)
Yes. I really liked that scene in the opening, not only was the animation extremely fluid, it was an example of 'traditional' martial arts you don't usually see in Naruto aside from Gai, Lee and occasionally Neji and Sasuke. And to see Naruto using it... man, I wish he could use that type of taijustu outside of filler openings. Did that scene remind anybody else of the openings from Samurai Champloo or Cowboy Bebop?
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-30, 23:41   Link #13
0TaKu0
Tesseract Enigma
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to 0TaKu0 Send a message via MSN to 0TaKu0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Yes. I really liked that scene in the opening, not only was the animation extremely fluid, it was an example of 'traditional' martial arts you don't usually see in Naruto aside from Gai, Lee and occasionally Neji and Sasuke. And to see Naruto using it... man, I wish he could use that type of taijustu outside of filler openings. Did that scene remind anybody else of the openings from Samurai Champloo or Cowboy Bebop?

Yep yep, reminded me of Mugen, hell yes! Fluid and Traditional are the best two words to describe it got to agree with you on that one, because Naruto never had a type of Taijutsu to practice I wonder what style or style's those are. One thing's for sure It's not something any one else used / use's you can tell just by the moves he does. In any case that’s the type of thing I wanted to see Naruto doing instead of hurling him self at his opponent with one fist out hoping they will run in to it (lol), damn you Jiraiya.

I still miss the pump up music T_T I can only hope they will come back when the fillers end. I want my Raising the Spirits and Naruto Theme Back! SA, SA SE, SA SE, SA SA SA SA!
Old 2006-10-31, 02:27   Link #14
Rock Lee X
Rock Lee Junkie

well..fillers aint ending..darn...i gave it a 3 just cause it was alright.i Hope naruto doesnt kill the beast inside him that easily...LMAO!!!.
Rock Lee X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-31, 12:54   Link #15
The Valeyard
Kikaichuu!!

Send a message via MSN to The Valeyard
Meh..average filler. Animation was better than last week, and the ending was suprisingly not too bad. Not really looking forward to next week...i'd never thought i'd say this, but i'm tired of the continual use of members of Team 8 (except Shino ).
The Valeyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-31, 13:53   Link #16
RuNE
bomberman

Send a message via AIM to RuNE
It was actualy pretty good.

Why Gai needed to watch over a few tied up weaklings, and send in underlings to deal with a super powerfull genjutsu user is beyond me (plot development kek), but overall it was pretty good.

The animation was on par with a real Naruto episode. You can really tell when looking at Kurenai and the chick. Actualy, the character design and animation on Yakumo was pretty well done.

Worth a watch. =]
RuNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-31, 17:41   Link #17
majin_vegeta

when is the filler ending?
majin_vegeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-31, 18:35   Link #18
Rock Lee X
Rock Lee Junkie

....lmao..dats funny what he said.........

Last edited by Rock Lee X; 2006-10-31 at 18:59.
Old 2006-10-31, 18:40   Link #19
Rock Lee X
Rock Lee Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by majin_vegeta View Post
when is the filler ending?
Go kill urself please? and its funny how the hokage was cryin....wat a sissy...
Old 2006-11-01, 00:17   Link #20
zamme
Wandering Prophet

Send a message via MSN to zamme
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuNE View Post
Why Gai needed to watch over a few tied up weaklings, and send in underlings to deal with a super powerfull genjutsu user is beyond me (plot development kek), but overall it was pretty good.]
Indeed, yet another thing that doesnt make any sence, a regular occurance in fillers.
Why did he send the medical nin to fight the enemy which threatened the life of a Jounin, instead of just going in there and owning her up in like a second himself to get it over with?
Instead he got to watch over some injured guy when he doesnt have any medical skills at all himself, nor any threats nearby. Stupid.

And yeah, the Hokage crying was also stupid, breaking down into tears just for one genin isnt something a strong Kage leader would do. If it's the best for the village, he should have no doubts or regrets.
zamme is offline   Reply With Quote