4 out of 10: Poor... 0 0%
3 out of 10: Bad... 1 3.33%
2 out of 10: Very Bad... 0 0%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 1 3.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-09-09, 16:51   Link #41
Zeydra
A random passerby

Am I the only one who thought Abis's death was done well? War sometimes sucks, and it makes a change from the cliché dying protecting something, he instead got killed through a twist in fate.

Most deaths in fiction are done for impact and a sense of loss to the viewer, but generally serve no actual purpose to the story. Not a purpose that couldn't be served through good writing at any rate. I cared that he was gone, therefore as far as I'm concerned his death served a purpose in my eyes and was done well. Now, Deen on the other hand...
Zeydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 17:24   Link #42
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
If you want to go with indirectly responsible then go ahead and use Seric's death. If Seric believed Kio was capable of handling the situation he could have left it to him. But since Kio can only handle disabling grunts he had to send him off and take care of the situation himself. Kio can talk it up all he wants but the only person he saved in this entire episode was Zanald!
I guess it's ok if you see it like that. I don't though. Who better to protect the Diva than Kio? Besides, Seric was more than enough to take out that yellow mobile armor. Kio wasn't even needed. And it's not that he 'saved' Zanald. He just stopped himself from becoming an executioner.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 17:30   Link #43
Raysoul

10 for the episode because of Seric's epic fight scene and death. He is one of the best side characters in this series.

As for Kio, he doesn't care if you like him or not

I don't know why I am not bothered by Kio's actions. As I have said previously, Kio is much closer to Banagher than Kira or Setsuna.
Old 2012-09-09, 18:17   Link #44
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Well unless the Clanche has a different make from the other Federation suits the cockpit should be in the chest right? Ironic that if he was piloting a Vagan unit the head popping off might have actually saved him. I did find it odd though when that happened.

The head popped off. He may have escaped death like Patrick. It's not the first time a pilot in a Gundam series has escaped "certain" death.

His "farewell" scene was well done... felt like classic Gundam, even the music. Small chance he lived... I'd say.

Btw, Kio is an annoying bugger. When is the cloned super soldier showing up? Is he going to be just a grunting mouth breather?

Kio is lame.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 19:03   Link #45
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
I don't know why I am not bothered by Kio's actions. As I have said previously, Kio is much closer to Banagher than Kira or Setsuna.
Since when did Setsuna had a no-kill policy?

When it came to the aliens all he did was drive a hole into their mothership to communicate with them properly.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 19:07   Link #46
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post

When it came to the aliens all he did was drive a hole into their mothership to communicate with them properly.
And up until he used Trans-AM, he refused to attack any of the ELS. Even outright said he didn't want to fight them.
Old 2012-09-09, 19:17   Link #47
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
And up until he used Trans-AM, he refused to attack any of the ELS. Even outright said he didn't want to fight them.
He had no qualms about killing enemies in the heat of battle.

As for the ELS... he didn't want to draw their aggression. Celestial Being was preparing for first contact the whole time and this was their mission from the start... to unite the world for that day. I believe he did attack an ELS scout on Earth. His reasons for holding back were different than those of Kio. The ELS outclassed humans and would have killed everyone if Setsuna hadn't communicated with them. Setsuna... to avert extinction. Kio... to make himself feel better.

The people who founded Celestial Being found the aliens dormant in Jupiter and decided to do something to prepare humans for it... so they wouldn't get killed by them.

Setsuna was a cold blooded dude who unlocked psychic powers by working really hard.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 19:37   Link #48
Algent

Am I the only one to think this FX burst mode is absolutely bad looking ? It look even worse than those god-like shield bubbles from last ep. :|
Algent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 19:40   Link #49
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Quote:

In case you forgot, he spared Ali because of a children's song...That's more or less the same thing Kio did with Zanald.
Setsuna is hardly the perfect soldier...
Old 2012-09-09, 20:07   Link #50
dagr81
The legendary dragoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algent View Post
Am I the only one to think this FX burst mode is absolutely bad looking ? It look even worse than those god-like shield bubbles from last ep. :|
you're not the only one
matter fact i think the gundam Fx is a really bad desgin
dagr81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 20:33   Link #51
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
In case you forgot, he spared Ali because of a children's song...That's more or less the same thing Kio did with Zanald.
Setsuna is hardly the perfect soldier...
How does that make it a "no-kill" policy? Half way through the season he spares one guy and that means he has a no-kill policy? By that argument then Flit has a no-kill policy because he spared Decil.

Quote:
That's a different scenario though. The whole point of the operation and the plan was to initiate communication with the ELS because that was the only way humanity would be able to survive.

In any case I'm gonna stop there since this is AGE and not 00.

Quote:
you're not the only one
matter fact i think the gundam Fx is a really bad desgin
On that matter was anyone else expecting something a bit more spectacular?
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 20:51   Link #52
Algent

Quote:
On that matter was anyone else expecting something a bit more spectacular?
You mean because they cut the fight short by poorly looping a scene with some "far away flashs" (it wasn't exactly a loop but it looked like one) ? True it wasn't really interesting but I think we saw the kitsch hedgehog mode for too long already .

I wonder what it's gonna look like in gunpla .
Algent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 20:52   Link #53
larethian

I, for one, am glad that Flit first tries to get nearby troops in to evacuate Seric instead of just pushing Nacchan to fire the photon blaster right away.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 21:05   Link #54
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
I, for one, am glad that Flit first tries to get nearby troops in to evacuate Seric instead of just pushing Nacchan to fire the photon blaster right away.
Well of course he did, Seric wasn't a Vagan . But yeah it was nice to see Flit at least try something to help him out.
Old 2012-09-09, 21:55   Link #55
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Good episode. Sad to see Seric die, such a waste.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 23:01   Link #56
Aquaman OS

Setsuna certainly did not have a no kill policy. He disabled a few people initially in early season 1 because he had a massive tech advantage and CB was unknown, but once CB made their official statement about their policies on war they began killing.

Otherwise he didn't kill Ali because Marina's song snapped him out of his bloodlust and Ali took the chance to get away (and that entire episode was about Setsuna getting over his past so it was thematically fitting that he didn't kill him) he didn't kill Graham because Graham was demanding he do it for reasons Setsuna thought was stupid, and he didn't kill Louise because Saji was his friend and he wanted them back together.

He didn't fight the ELS because his innovator powers were telling him there was a bigger picture than just the ELS being alien invaders.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 01:28   Link #57
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Plus, you know, the ELS actually weren't invading. They were visiting.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 03:21   Link #58
rigolettohixar

AGE-1 Gransa w/ Zefuld launcher @.@
rigolettohixar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 09:05   Link #59
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Zefuld launcher with Plasma Driver Missiles?
Old 2012-09-10, 09:22   Link #60
WefiDasst

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
I was waiting for him to do that.

OH look Dean, oh Disabled already? a Flash back???? Dead. Whelp i didnt see that coming.
WefiDasst is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly episode discussion