AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-09-02, 15:06   Link #30721
Skye629

Nice boxart at least, even though I still believe the pack is....well a mess

I suppose the price point for me is now justified, this thing is literally a Sinanju but with a transforming Bawoo body

Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 15:57   Link #30722
firefox
Seed seeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Nice boxart at least, even though I still believe the pack is....well a mess

It may be a mess like we find on UC suits, but it's gorgeous boxart!!!

I bought one
firefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 16:17   Link #30723
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Although the Ootori pack looks messy, I've sorta grown to like it, and consider it to be officially 'canon' considering that it's being used in the HD Remaster TV series.

Anyone notice that Freedom on the boxart? Is Bandai hinting at a MG Freedom RM Version to come out soon? =)
Old 2013-09-02, 16:43   Link #30724
Knight-of-Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by suiton629 View Post
Although the Ootori pack looks messy, I've sorta grown to like it, and consider it to be officially 'canon' considering that it's being used in the HD Remaster TV series.

Anyone notice that Freedom on the boxart? Is Bandai hinting at a MG Freedom RM Version to come out soon? =)
If you consider that thing canon then why dont you consider the Perfect strike to be canon since it also appeared on TV?

If a MS in the background meant a new kit then we would have lots more MGs by now, like an Aries from the Wing boxart, Jesta cannon or Base jabber from MG Jesta boxart.
Heck, bandai could have been hinting at a Wing EW 2.0 on the Tallgeese boxart.

It doesn't prove anything.
Knight-of-Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 16:45   Link #30725
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight-of-Gold View Post
If you consider that thing canon then why dont you consider the Perfect strike to be canon since it also appeared on TV?

If a MS in the background meant a new kit then we would have lots more MGs by now, like an Aries from the Wing boxart, Jesta cannon or Base jabber from MG Jesta boxart.
Heck, bandai could have been hinting at a Wing EW 2.0 on the Tallgeese boxart.

It doesn't prove anything.
True. But the way I'm thinking is that the RM. line of MGs is a current line of kits, so the MG Freedom RM Ver. is just something that I thought would be likely.
Old 2013-09-02, 17:43   Link #30726
Knight-of-Gold

Quote:
True. But the way I'm thinking is that the RM. line of MGs is a current line of kits, so the MG Freedom RM Ver. is just something that I thought would be likely.
RM isn't a line if only 1 exists. Bandai may never make another RM kit, just like they never made another Ver 1.5 kit.
Knight-of-Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 18:06   Link #30727
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight-of-Gold View Post
RM isn't a line if only 1 exists. Bandai may never make another RM kit, just like they never made another Ver 1.5 kit.
If you want to get technical, I consider the RM Ver. line of MGs from Seed to currently consist of:

Aile Strike
Aegis
Buster
Dual (w/ Assault Shroud)
Buster
Blitz

...since they all came around the same time.
Old 2013-09-02, 19:26   Link #30728
Providenceangle

Quote:
If you want to get technical, I consider the RM Ver. line of MGs from Seed to currently consist of:

Aile Strike
Aegis
Buster
Dual
(w/ Assault Shroud)
Blitz

The zaft stolen suits, never had a proper release... Just some NG 1/100s.

Why am I even bother to reply to this bs. Just hold your breath until they RM all the seed kits.
Providenceangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 19:32   Link #30729
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Providenceangle View Post
The zaft stolen suits, never had a proper release... Just some NG 1/100s.

Why am I even bother to reply to this bs. Just hold your breath until they RM all the seed kits.
What I meant by saying:

Aile Strike
Aegis
Buster
Dual (w/ Assault Shroud)
Buster
Blitz

Is that they are new enough in my book to be considered RM Ver. or at least part of that same line of releases regardless of them actually being a remaster or a new mold. I just categorize them all under the same umbrella.
Old 2013-09-02, 21:36   Link #30730
Skye629

Quote:
What I meant by saying:

Aile Strike
Aegis
Buster
Dual (w/ Assault Shroud)
Buster
Blitz

Is that they are new enough in my book to be considered RM Ver. or at least part of that same line of releases regardless of them actually being a remaster or a new mold. I just categorize them all under the same umbrella.
Key part here "Re-" that denotes something that was DONE OVER, the other GAT kits are all from scratch

Design wise yes they all come from a modern design perspective/standard but in no way are they a "Remaster Line"

You are using your own personal categorizations here where no official ones exist. Its not being technical at all, its being opinionated. And it in no way hints at a new "Remaster/RM" kit, as Bandai have already completed the set they wanted. In the case IF there was a loose RM kit out there, say Impulse or Destiny, then that would be a much better indication that the Impulse variants or SF/IJ will follow at some point
Old 2013-09-03, 01:23   Link #30731
firefox
Seed seeder

All this commotion over a name bandai gives a release....

RM strike could have easily be called aile strike 2.0 would be alot more logical and in line with previous releases then whatever stupid idea the marketing department has again.

Yes we will most likely get a MG freedom 2.0 or whatever you wanna call it. and after that hopefully something new like Gaia, ginn, CGUE or zaku warrior/phantom!

And it's not because another suit in in the background of a boxart that it will get a release!!! If that was true i can name 20 suits that are years behind their release.

And finaly, suiton will be ditching all his nice gundam kits in the bin in 5-10 years like somebody allready suggested, but he sponsors the development of new stuff, so we thank him
Old 2013-09-03, 02:22   Link #30732
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
So as of now, the HG kits is now:

Exia
Dynames
Kyrios
Virtue
Nadleeh
GN Archer
Exia (Trans-Am)
Dynames (Trans Am)
Kyrios (Trans Am)
Virtue (Trans Am)
Seraphim
00 Raiser (Trans Am)
Exia R2
0 Gundam (Type ACD)
Cheridum GNHW
Arios GNHW
Seravee GNHW
0 Gundam (Roll Out)
00 Raiser (w/ GN Sword III)
Cheridum (Trans Am)
Arios (Trans Am)
Seravee + Seraphim (Trans Am)
00 7 Sword G
Astraea Type F
Avalanche Dash Exia
Astraea
00 Qan[t]
Zabanya
Harute
Raphael
00 Raiser Condensor Type

The reason why I plan on doing this is because I've already set plans to quit Gunpla soon. After this, the only MG kits I'd get are the ones on my now infamous MG wish list which is from only 00, Seed, Seed Destiny, Wing, and X.

I don't think Sunrise is confident with the Gundam franchise and is just doing series to sell towards children and sprinkle in the whole nostalgic factor to get older viewers to buy kits (i.e. Gundam Age, GunPla Builders, GunPla Build Fighter...). I've lost interest in Gundam and GunPla and now will only be waiting for my favorites. I just wanted these HGs from 00 since they're my favorite still to this day and I never got any HGs from 00.
I'll accept your kits as donations for kit-bashing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Providenceangle View Post

Man the proportions on the Sazabi Ver Ka. are retarded...

What the hell? The hands are too small, the head.. its... i ... it's horrible, HORRIBLE!

I really, really hope the finished product looks better, or i'll be buying another MG Sazabi.
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-03, 06:06   Link #30733
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefox View Post

RM strike could have easily be called aile strike 2.0 would be alot more logical and in line with previous releases then whatever stupid idea the marketing department has again.

Yes we will most likely get a MG freedom 2.0 or whatever you wanna call it. and after that hopefully something new like Gaia, ginn, CGUE or zaku warrior/phantom!

And it's not because another suit in in the background of a boxart that it will get a release!!! If that was true i can name 20 suits that are years behind their release.

And finaly, suiton will be ditching all his nice gundam kits in the bin in 5-10 years like somebody allready suggested, but he sponsors the development of new stuff, so we thank him
No. I will not be "ditching all [my] nice gundam kits in the bin in 5-10 years..." since the things that I buy, I buy because I want to.
Old 2013-09-03, 06:45   Link #30734
firefox
Seed seeder

Quote:
No. I will not be "ditching all [my] nice gundam kits in the bin in 5-10 years..." since the things that I buy, I buy because I want to.
i've been there, i've done it.
I had an entire 1/144 HG seed and seed destiny collection and countless old MG's. I ditched them all a few years ago. Newer stuff apears, interests shift, you will see gundams is not everything in the world.
Old 2013-09-03, 06:47   Link #30735
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
i've been there, i've done it.
I had an entire 1/144 HG seed and seed destiny collection and countless old MG's. I ditched them all a few years ago. Newer stuff apears, interests shift, you will see gundams is not everything in the world.
I plan on quitting GunPla all together soon. That's why I'm getting these HGs since Gundam 00 is where I really started to like Gundam and GunPla.

The newer series like Build Fighter does not interest me and UC contest has never interested me. It's been a few years so right now, all I want (aside from these HG 00 kits) are just MGs from 00, Wing, Seed, Seed Destiny, G, and X. That's it. And I know it'll take years more til we see the ones I'd want, but that's fine since GunPla will be taking a huge huge back seat for me now.
Old 2013-09-03, 07:08   Link #30736
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
And I know it'll take years more til we see the ones I'd want, but that's fine since GunPla will be taking a huge huge back seat for me now.
I will only believe your statement above when you finally stop spamming this thread. So far, your posts here reflect nothing but your obsession over Gunplas LOL.
Old 2013-09-03, 07:51   Link #30737
Providenceangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
I'll accept your kits as donations for kit-bashing.

What the hell? The hands are too small, the head.. its... i ... it's horrible, HORRIBLE!

I really, really hope the finished product looks better, or i'll be buying another MG Sazabi.
The hands are actually close to the original artwork. They are the newer fully articulated hands. I think they are fine but, the shoulders, the chest... They are just, lackluster to me personally. The chest should be more pointed, better proportions for that stomach vag blaster... lol
Providenceangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-03, 12:52   Link #30738
Skye629

Quote:

This is nothing, if you want a REAL commotion go over to the SEED/DESTINY thread and scroll back through all the debates/arguments (which are surprisingly civil as far as SEED related arguments tend to be)
Old 2013-09-03, 23:33   Link #30739
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Hi guys, so I've just decided to start in gunpla (since I have some spare money this month and... you know). I want to know which are the most noob-friendly models ones to start. I was thinking on buying a First Grade Wing Gundam and a First Grade Strike Gundam to start. It is a good choice?
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 01:19   Link #30740
firefox
Seed seeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strigon 13 View Post
Hi guys, so I've just decided to start in gunpla (since I have some spare money this month and... you know). I want to know which are the most noob-friendly models ones to start. I was thinking on buying a First Grade Wing Gundam and a First Grade Strike Gundam to start. It is a good choice?
No, first grade are not good and you will not even get close to what gundam is all about. First grade are only usefull to learn how to panneline and paint.

Get at least a 1/144 HG kit to start with. 1/100 HG's are even simpelere because of the bigger pieces, but you only have seed/seed destiny or 00 to choose from.

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy