AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2004-10-19, 20:19   Link #21
iluid

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam
How about Futakoi?
I'm not sure if anyone is going to fansub this show, 2 episodes have already aired in japan.
A few other groups are working on futakoi, including some quality ones like ishin. It may take a little while, but it will be subbed by others with out a doubt.

As for my thoughts, I think picking up windy tales again would be a good move. There are a lot of people that don't care much for the other version that's out there.
iluid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-19, 21:07   Link #22
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
Originally Posted by clem-kun
Good news (to some).

We might be repicking up Windy Tales because of several reasons.

1. It's one of my personal favorites this season.
2. The art is unique; the anime is unique.
3. We have had many (20+) requests for to repick it up.
4. We want to give fans a choice between two groups.

However, our decision is not yet final. As I have stated earlier, we don't want to feel obligated to demanding fans. But if you have a thought, please share it. It may help us make our decision.
That'll be a good idea to do as well

Of course, there appears to be another terminally undersubbed gem in School Rumble. Sure there is someone working on it, but they're a very small team and I'm sure they could use some help. Otherwise, this one will be in danger of going the Keroro Gunso way with Slowdat's at its head Worth considering since the title is clearly the comedy series for the Fall season.
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-19, 21:48   Link #23
clem-kun
Shi-Fa Staff

Send a message via AIM to clem-kun
Well, I know Futakoi is already being worked on, and unless we have proof it is being dropped, we aren't considering it. The same with School Rumble. It was never on our list, and Dash Fansubs does a good job with all the literary and humorous details, so we're not going to pick it up. But Windy Tales...
clem-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-20, 00:06   Link #24
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Good news (to some).

We might be repicking up Windy Tales because of several reasons.

1. It's one of my personal favorites this season.
2. The art is unique; the anime is unique.
4. We want to give fans a choice between two groups.

However, our decision is not yet final. As I have stated earlier, we don't want to feel obligated to demanding fans. But if you have a thought, please share it. It may help us make our decision.
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you!

After watching the other group's verison of episodes 2 and 3 I can't tell you how happy this possibility makes me! Not only is their translation sometimes a bit questionable, but they don't seem to have even the slightest familiarity with the concept of proofreading. If I mentioned the letters QC to them, they'd probably think I was talking about quartz crystals.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-27, 19:46   Link #25
(inc)

May I also add a vote for your continuing with Windy Tales. I just watched your ep 01 and thoroughly enjoyed it. Don't leave me at the mercy of.... lol

(inc)
(inc) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-29, 21:05   Link #26
G-G
One-Girl Subtitler

I recently watched your subs on Dragon Quest Dai no Daiboken 1... please, don't stop it, bring more, I love this series ^^
G-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-30, 10:22   Link #27
naught
Enjoy & Relevant

Quote:
Consider this another request. I don't care about your speed. I just want to be able to enjoy a translation that doesn't constantly screw up the most basic stuff and leave you with a sour taste, like the one from Death-Squad.
naught is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-04, 23:16   Link #28
EV|RockLee
Rock Lee PWNz

Send a message via AIM to EV|RockLee Send a message via MSN to EV|RockLee
Thumbs up

that Dragonwarrior series is awesome. However, i was thinking just MAYBE you could pick up Ring ni kakero. i guess that has a problem with the whole "don't want pressure" thing, but it appears noone else wants to sub that excellents series.

Last edited by EV|RockLee; 2004-11-04 at 23:28.
EV|RockLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-10, 14:12   Link #29
auriya

Has Shining Fansubs decided to do Meine Liebe?

Sorry if this is a dumb question; I read in the Meine Liebe thread that ShinFa was interested in subbing it, but I'm not sure if the decision is certain or not. As far as I know, no other groups are working on it.
auriya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-21, 21:38   Link #30
clem-kun
Shi-Fa Staff

Send a message via AIM to clem-kun
Good news.

We have re-picked up Windy Tales. Episode 01 remake is currently on its way, with awesome brand new OP/ED sequences and retranslation. This will be a joint with Anime-Faith (thanks to them for bringing this project back to life again!).
clem-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 02:10   Link #31
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Good news.

We have re-picked up Windy Tales. Episode 01 remake is currently on its way, with awesome brand new OP/ED sequences and retranslation. This will be a joint with Anime-Faith (thanks to them for bringing this project back to life again!).
You have just made me a very happy fan! Thank you for resurrecting your work on one of the most original shows of this season.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-24, 10:37   Link #32
naught
Enjoy & Relevant

Thumbs up

Quote:
Good news.

Hooray! Hooray!
naught is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-26, 12:07   Link #33
nororu
wandering star

it's one of the finest works i have ever seen!!!

this series is being supervised by MAMORU OSHII!!!
the art director is Shichiro Kobayashi !!!

**a happy fan**
nororu is offline   Reply With Quote