AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-11-27, 17:42   Link #1
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

A Suggestion for Another

Bad thread title, I know, but its so vague itll draw people in, mwahaha! XD
Ok, looking for a series, not for myself but for a friend. She likes Inuyasha majorally, likes Jungle wa itsumo Hale nochi Guu and Matantei Loki Ragnarok aswell. She's kind of the... american anime fan. She was obsessed with DBZ... yes, sad, I am trying to convert her. Oh, and she loves Naruto, typical eh? and she seems to like El Hazard. Oh, and one more... .hack//dusk and spiural, alright that was two.

What new series do you think she'll enjoy?
I got W-Wish, Final Approach, To Heart 2, and Genshiken... getting Beet too because it's so similiar to DBZ.
Old 2004-11-27, 17:58   Link #2
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Hunter x Hunter, if she hasn't seen it already, and definitely Bleach; both are solid shounen action anime, and both are a good sight better than Beet. If she enjoyed Loki, she might also enjoy Tactics, which is based on a series from the same manga-ka (Tactics is a little darker in tone but still has the usual bishounen and bishoujo). I'd also suggest seeing what she makes of Mai-Hime, which seems to have really broad appeal.

It's kind of a long shot, but Detective Academy Q is a brilliant mystery series (at least once Ryu is introduced and you get into the multi-episode arcs) with some great stories and comedy. Since she liked Spiral, she might want to try out another detective anime.
Old 2004-11-27, 18:15   Link #3
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiDusk
Bad thread title, I know, but its so vague itll draw people in, mwahaha! XD
Ok, looking for a series, not for myself but for a friend. She likes Inuyasha majorally, likes Jungle wa itsumo Hale nochi Guu and Matantei Loki Ragnarok aswell. She's kind of the... american anime fan. She was obsessed with DBZ... yes, sad, I am trying to convert her. Oh, and she loves Naruto, typical eh? and she seems to like El Hazard. Oh, and one more... .hack//dusk and spiural, alright that was two.

What new series do you think she'll enjoy?
I got W-Wish, Final Approach, To Heart 2, and Genshiken... getting Beet too because it's so similiar to DBZ.
Has she seen anime anime she doesn't like? That would help a lot with recommendations. Anyway, I suggest a slightly older series like hikaru no go. Much of the newer anime contains a lot of fanservice, which could scare away a casual anime fan. Prince of tennis, even though I can't stand it, should be another safe bet. For new series that are currently airing, you could try my hime and kannazuki no miko. Oh and there's the fushigi yugi like series 'harukanaru toki no naka de' I think it is.
edit: actually just show her fushigi yugi if you have it.
Old 2004-11-27, 23:20   Link #4
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

Hm, thats a good idea listing some series she disliked, sorry about that ^^"
She wasn't too fond of Moon Phase, Wishe watches Witch Hunter Robin but isn't really a fan, Hajime no Ippo, Ghost in the Shell, and that is all I can remember at the moment.

Thanks for the great suggestions, unfourtunatly I do not have Fushugi, but I will get her some Harukanaru since she did like the romance in Inu. Also, Bleach and Mai-Hime are a must, thanks for reminding me, nearly forgot! I'm going to take a chance and show her Stellvia aswell. If she hangs in with Naruto til episodes 125 (she was saying its a little too long) I'll try her with Hunter x Hunter, Full metal Alchemist and Prince of Tennis.

I really like Kannazuki, but I don't think shes too keen on the shoujo-ai kiss scenes.
Old 2004-11-28, 00:35   Link #5
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiDusk
Hm, thats a good idea listing some series she disliked, sorry about that ^^"
She wasn't too fond of Moon Phase, Wishe watches Witch Hunter Robin but isn't really a fan, Hajime no Ippo, Ghost in the Shell, and that is all I can remember at the moment.

Thanks for the great suggestions, unfourtunatly I do not have Fushugi, but I will get her some Harukanaru since she did like the romance in Inu. Also, Bleach and Mai-Hime are a must, thanks for reminding me, nearly forgot! I'm going to take a chance and show her Stellvia aswell. If she hangs in with Naruto til episodes 125 (she was saying its a little too long) I'll try her with Hunter x Hunter, Full metal Alchemist and Prince of Tennis.

I really like Kannazuki, but I don't think shes too keen on the shoujo-ai kiss scenes.
Sounds like she likes series with a lighter feel to them. Maybe series like azumanga daioh, sensei no ojikan, and school rumble would be good too?
You could also try scrapped princess, that series has pretty broad appeal.
Old 2004-11-29, 22:04   Link #6
husyk
Stupid Flanders! (Homer)

Send a message via MSN to husyk Send a message via Yahoo to husyk
Rourouni Kenshin
Peace Maker Kurogane
Midori no hibi
Love Hina
Full Metal Panic
Old 2004-11-29, 23:38   Link #7
EV|RockLee
Rock Lee PWNz

Send a message via AIM to EV|RockLee Send a message via MSN to EV|RockLee
Fiorce feed her Slam Dunk!, Rurouni kenshin, One Piece, Saint Seiya, and Yuusha-Oh GaoGaiGar

And since she likes inuyasha, through some Maison ikkoku in there
Closed Thread