AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-06-04, 07:28   Link #1021
AP24

Quote:
Originally Posted by shigeru212 View Post
Unfortunately the BD/DVD sales are projected to be around 4k, which is a 50% drop from season one, which averaged 8.3k. Just looking at the numbers a season 3 is possible but not probable.

Of course it could outperform the projection, especially if it is unusually storefront heavy but I'm not sure that will be the case.
First season's vol 1 was predicted close to 7k and it sold almost 10k in total. I'd say second season's vol 1 will sell about 6k and the average will be about 5k.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-04, 08:52   Link #1022
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
- The Cabbage is LEGENDARY. I'd say it was the main source and genesis of the "QUALITY!" meme. Even LG made use of the gag:
The legendary cabbage in action:

The second GIF is almost hypnotic.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-04, 09:41   Link #1023
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by wm4 View Post
By your definition, a perfect end is
1. The current problem is solved;
2. In a perfect end some unanswered questions are allowed.

By your definition the end of Vol 9 is also a perfect end; it meets
1. and 2. pretty soundly. In addition, it feels much like "starting in
the middle" when the season 2 will end without any strong
plots and the next season have to start at a really high point.
*sigh* Not only are you going on and on about this like a broken record, but everybody who can has already corrected you on this. Season 2 was never meant to cover beyond volume 9. I don't know what you think you're doing, but it's messed up. You're trying (and failing) to convince people that season 2 was supposed to cover 5 volumes in 10 episodes. Not possible. And they made it clear how much season 2 was intended to cover ever since it was first announced.

You're also walking the line on novel spoilers with your responses to LoveYouSaber. Probably the only reason your post wasn't deleted is because a mod hasn't made his rounds yet. So I'll do you a favor and move your post to the novel thread, where it belongs. Again. So all the novel readers can correct you. Again.
Old 2014-06-04, 11:05   Link #1024
TJR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Those observations are quite interesting.

AIC developed auto-correction software for BD releases, which simplifies the redrawing process. As we can see, faces become very uniform and well defined. However, some of the original expressiveness is gone as a result.

Quote:
I'd even wonder if it has more to do with how Kadokawa digitalized it or something like that, rather than the actual work they put into the animation.
T2 Studio handled digitization (Season 1 = AIC Digital). They do pretty decent work though, so time and budget can affect the result.
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-05, 08:37   Link #1025
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
DAL II museum event in Akihabara from June 14 to 29.

There's also some other DAL II event going on.
Old 2014-06-05, 08:47   Link #1026
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
No more shiori sad can't wait for the next episode though
Old 2014-06-05, 10:21   Link #1027
Lenaisian
The Undead Summoner

... wait, Date A Live II will be cut to only 10 episodes? Oh my. I am now getting doubts on how the producers will end the second season; will there ever be hopes of another season once the LN series got far?

I'm no LN reader... however, the producers seemed to rush it, much to MY worries.
Old 2014-06-05, 10:35   Link #1028
Miraluka
Banned

There is enough material for other season, and the novel has good sales so far.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-05, 10:42   Link #1029
Lenaisian
The Undead Summoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
There is enough material for other season, and the novel has good sales so far.
I can't help but worry... *plays "theme_extinction" soundtrack from Grand Chase on my mind* I really am worried. However, I'll trust you on this one.
Old 2014-06-05, 11:12   Link #1030
LoveYouSaber

Bit worried, but still hopeful. Though if we do get a season 3, what are the chances that it'll be a year from now as well? First of all, there ain't that many animes that have 3 seasons and secondly I don't recall an anime series where 3 seasons were separated by a year each, which is a pretty short amount of time. I would be both very happy and surprised if Date a Live gets this treatment.
LoveYouSaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-05, 14:56   Link #1031
kampfer91
Master Eugenist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenaisian View Post
... wait, Date A Live II will be cut to only 10 episodes? Oh my. I am now getting doubts on how the producers will end the second season; will there ever be hopes of another season once the LN series got far?

I'm no LN reader... however, the producers seemed to rush it, much to MY worries.
The heck , 10 eps ? .
They could animate those side stories and we still have 12 eps to watch :/
kampfer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-05, 17:16   Link #1032
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenaisian View Post

The only "rushed" part so far is the build up to the festival which was a lot more padded in the novel
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-06, 07:47   Link #1033
Seeker213
Kamen Rider Exceed

Preview pictures for episode 9 have been posted
http://date-a-live-anime.com/story/season2_09.html

Holy f**king god that second picture is creepy as hell in my opinion.
Old 2014-06-06, 12:42   Link #1034
Miraluka
Banned

New episode out, and was intense.

Is it me or Ellen has been taking lessons from Aizen about back stabbing people?

Is this from the staff, what does it say?
http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-24476.html
Old 2014-06-06, 14:56   Link #1035
Kaengel
Chupa Chups Eater

The difference between the first part of the season and the second part...

All serious now. So Tokha most likely get her form from the opening and the ending. Only one episode to warp it all. I can't wait to see the intensity.
Old 2014-06-06, 15:41   Link #1036
kampfer91
Master Eugenist

The crazy DEM dude want to desroy the world with something that he can't control , hell , what is he thinking :/
kampfer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-06, 15:46   Link #1037
Miraluka
Banned

Probably want to entre to the world/dimensión spirits came from..
Old 2014-06-06, 15:49   Link #1038
Kakurin
大佐

Westcott and Ellen are seriously going on my nerves. When Westcott was laughing like a maniac I wanted to strangle him. That's much, much more than what Miku delivers. I actually thought her "baka, baka, baka" was pretty funny.

Well, after everything they tried the only thing that can get Tohka to snap was seeing Shidou get killed. And she really exploded, seeing how the entire room looked like. Now, after Shidou recovers using imouto spirit powers, he has to deal with Tohka again.

And next week's already the last one. Not happy at this prospect. Not at all. I hope we'll get another season sometime down the line.
Old 2014-06-06, 16:59   Link #1039
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
Westcott and Ellen are seriously going on my nerves. When Westcott was laughing like a maniac I wanted to strangle him. That's much, much more than what Miku delivers. I actually thought her "baka, baka, baka" was pretty funny.
Yeah, they're just not interesting antagonists at all. Westcott is just the typical cartoony "take over/destroy the world" villain and Ellen all but admits she's just his puppet when she comments on Origami being able to think for herself as a reason to be killed.

And I'm also put off that next episode is the last, thus only 1 episode of Dark Tohka. It feels like we were cheated when you consider how prominently she was shown in PVs and especially the ED. I'm also not expecting much of a fight next episode more so than some sort of internal/"spiritual" contact between Shido and Tohka inside her mind or something and freeing her all dramatic-like (with a side bit of Miku realizing how wrong she was, at least about Shido).
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-06, 17:49   Link #1040
Sakuratsuki

That was an intense episode. It's a pity we only have 1 episode to go. Hopefully we get another season very soon. Liked the baka baka moment of Miku
Westcote was really annoying this episode.

Tags
comedy, harem