AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2006-02-03, 15:34   Link #1
djblu3

Anime Network?

Has anyone purchased Anime Network from there cable provider? I was wondering you can get japanese audio with english subtitles on tv. I know I can change my digital cable to spanish. =D
djblu3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-03, 15:36   Link #2
mxg
The Lone Gamer

Send a message via AIM to mxg Send a message via MSN to mxg Send a message via Yahoo to mxg
Well 1st of all you should have posted this in the General Anime section. And secondly th animenetwork is english only excpet for a few titles that may sometimes have subtitles. Animenetwork sucks anyway.......Locomotion was way better.
mxg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-03, 15:42   Link #3
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
I have animenetwork on demand, its not an extra paid feature..not sure about the Anime Network Channel, tho.

but no, nothing I've come across thus far has been subtitled, and no you don't have the option.
Komataguri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-03, 16:16   Link #4
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Anime Network isn't very special unless you don't have any internet access and have no clue about fansub anime or the community...I also have Anime on Demand and every now in then I check it to see if there's something airing that I might like and on a couple of occasions I've ordered a show or two, but if the channel didn't exist i wouldn't be missing out on anything (accept being lazy because I won't have to search for the title on the net)...And it's all dubbed, atleast what I saw...SAP is only gonna get you the spanish translation if it even has it...
Old 2006-02-03, 17:00   Link #5
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

The Anime Network is currently offered in three formats right now...linear 24/7 channel on a very select few cable providers, Free On Demand services on select providers, and premium PPV or SVOD on many providers.

TAN has begun offering PPV content on DirecTV, has premium SVOD on many providers, free On Demand on a few providers such as Comcast, and has Linear broadcasting on only 3 cable companies to my knowledge. As far as to which programming you're available to get, check out www.theanimenetwork.com.

As for their subtitled offering, if it's not on the linear broadcast it'll be under the SVOD/PPV content sections, as this is not a general audience programming. The vast majority of their programming schedule is that of their dubbed material.
Old 2006-02-04, 17:10   Link #6
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
Brighthouse has the free OnDemand
Komataguri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-05, 14:32   Link #7
Suikun

I get the free service, which really isn't all that usefull except to preview the first episode(s) of a show. Typically, though, the time between each episode is too great to make following the show anything more than a bit of a chore.

And I don't see any reason to subscribe to the pay service On-Demand. I don't know how much it costs, but I'm much happier with a Netflix online subscription, since they carry pretty much everything ADV releases minus a few obscurities (which wouldn't be on Anime Network anyway), ship fast, and you get the choice of the English dub or Japanese w/ Eng. subtitles with pretty much everything. (And, of course, unlike the Anime Network, they've got more than just ADV stuff).

Still, I do commend ADV for pioneering the On-Demand model the way they are.
Suikun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-05, 16:39   Link #8
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

TAN also airs many things that aren't ADV's properties :P

And at last view, it was $3.99 for 24hrs on Comcast to 'rent' the show which consists of generally a full DVD volume of episodes.
Old 2006-08-31, 10:45   Link #9
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Anime Network Distribution Soars to 40 Million

Looks like they're doing well ... though this is a PR piece, so.... Hmmm....I think I'll check this out and see if it is in my area.
Quote:
Anime Network Distribution Soars to 40 Million

HOUSTON, TX – August 30, 2006 – Continuing to draw in viewers with the strength of its programming and command of all things anime, Anime Network has reached a new distribution milestone. America’s #1 anime channel is now available to 40 million homes across the United States and Canada—a 233% increase and more than three times its reach in less than two years.
Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-31, 14:07   Link #10
Calca
Expressionless

I have anime on demand for free in my area. Unfortunately they seem to only update once a month and I'm not interested in the shows they show and/or they are showing like episode 15 of a series they've already started.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote