AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2018-06-29, 16:58   Link #1361
dniv
Season 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
That's pretty underwhelming to see.
Considering the fact that we had an eight month gap between volumes it isn't too bad considering that interest in the series would surely drop in the meantime. It's double the normal length between volumes after all...

I just hope season 3 reignites interest in the LN's (the old ones anyway).

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-29, 18:24   Link #1362
KiharaRonin

Maybe they'll get people interested in catching up and reading to see where the story goes next?
Old 2018-06-30, 15:47   Link #1363
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Considering the fact that we had an eight month gap between volumes it isn't too bad considering that interest in the series would surely drop in the meantime. It's double the normal length between volumes after all...

I just hope season 3 reignites interest in the LN's (the old ones anyway).
Looks at other series. Like a certain series that has long in between weight for each volume.

The gap won't matter if the fans still loved the stories.

The declined can't be helped and while the large number of volumes to read for new readers to overwhelm. The old fans should still be buying it if they still liked it.

Mikoto isn't enough to cash cow the series. She still is cash cow. But. Not enough to increase sales.

The new season would helped the old series, but I'm not sure if it would ignite the series to its old popularity. New Testament would probably get an increase but it won't be that huge.
Old 2018-06-30, 17:20   Link #1364
mark1246

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Looks at other series. Like a certain series that has long in between weight for each volume.

The declined can't be helped and while the large number of volumes to read for new readers to overwhelm. The old fans should still be buying it if they still liked it.

Mikoto isn't enough to cash cow the series. She still is cash cow. But. Not enough to increase sales.

The new season would helped the old series, but I'm not sure if it would ignite the series to its old popularity. New Testament would probably get an increase but it won't be that huge.
despite not being a cash cow for the novel she still sell the manga a lot, those number for the railgun manga are actally good and doesn't deep down in sales
Old 2018-06-30, 20:48   Link #1365
dniv
Season 3

Quote:

I mean, you have a point, but it could be different since index is so long. You are right though. I hope season 3 increases its popularity again. I dont see what mikoto has to do with anything lol, as far as Im concerned recently the series has been better than ever.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
Old 2018-06-30, 23:39   Link #1366
mark1246

Speaking of which, how do we get the newest update sale? i used to go to myanimelist but there still in maintenance! Does anyone have the alternative cause i think this week sale number are suppose to be out soon.

thanks
Old 2018-07-01, 02:31   Link #1367
salamander750

Quote:

Err, which series are you talking about? can you elaborate? And yeah, I'm kinda worried about the quality of the novel lately, I wish that Kamachi could take more time to polish his novel
salamander750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-01, 04:15   Link #1368
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by salamander750 View Post
Err, which series are you talking about? can you elaborate? And yeah, I'm kinda worried about the quality of the novel lately, I wish that Kamachi could take more time to polish his novel
there are other long series that has more than 20 volumes and even if not 20 or more volumes. stories that takes months to, years before getting an update. the sales are still steady there. and I'm talking about sales that it has before it got an anime or industry boost of popularity. the steady sales that are solid core that it receives. those steady sales that are still there even if it's not that popular anymore. steady sales are solid sales of fans.

don't just look at sales that it has when it had an anime boost but look at sales before it even get a boost.

index takes a massive dive from more than 200k to around 50k. that hurts. a ton. but. if you look at it's previews sales before getting a massive body from anime. it's still around 100k steady but now its just half of it. and that is just plain sad.
Old 2018-07-01, 07:01   Link #1369
itine
No Book No Live

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1246 View Post
the newest update sale?
NT20:
1st week (2018年06月04日~2018年06月10日)estimated sales volume = 17604 copies
Source: Oricon Weekly Light novel ranking - June 18, 2018
2nd week(2018年06月11日~2018年06月17日)estimated sales volume = 20957 copies
Source: Oricon Weekly Light novel ranking - June 25, 2018
3rd week (2018年06月18日~2018年06月24日)estimated sales volume = 7781 copies
Source: Oricon Weekly Light novel ranking - July 02, 2018
Total on 3rd weeks = 17604+20957+7781=46342
itine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-01, 07:48   Link #1370
salamander750

Man, I really want that damned Kamisato arc didn't happened
salamander750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-01, 08:53   Link #1371
KiharaRonin

^But that "arc" (even though Dengeki claims it to be part of the current arc and even Kamachi just called it "the story around Kamisato") happened to be a story Kamachi wanted to tell. As his fans, saying we wish he didn't tell a story he wanted to is piss poor behavior. You can dislike those novels however many Index fans forget this is Kamachi's story and he can tell it as he wants. We should support that while still having our opinions.

Also, yes @tsunade666 there are other series with over 20 volumes. How about 44 Volumes though, how many LNs do you know with 44 Volumes and a boat load of Side Story novels and manga. Its difficult to keep those people attached and others may feel intimidated by the large cinematic universe style story. Some might be behind and might not buy the books til caught up. Others may be waiting for an anime to refresh their memories so they can jump back. Some fanboys probably dropped the series because they don't like Kamachi's world building and are thus pissed he didn't force their favorite characters to be relevant to more recent stories despite them being irrelevant due to the direction the story has taken (plus the wait for Aleister), this one pissing me off kinda since its his story, but hey, we're his fans, he should write the story to our needs instead of writing what he wants, right? No! Some are probably more used to smaller gaps in between volumes for so long and during the more recent longer gaps might've gotten worried and went to something else (which is kinda silly but things like that do happen).

Also, Kamachi has taken time to polish his series. He works hard on this thing and has been spending loads of time working on it.

Also, just talk to Japanese fans or read online reviews. They're loving it and saying things like how it keeps getting better and better. The reaction to Index III's reveal showed this. So this has little to deal with the series' quality. There are many factors at play here.

I predict the anime will bring in new fans who'll wanna check out the rest of the series along with convince older fans to get back into the old novels and then keep reading to see where it goes next. Plus, it'll help refresh some who may not be that caught up. And plus, with a the anime project, interest in the entire franchise will probably come back and an NT anime isn't probably to far.

Plus, also notice this has been a gradual thing. No one just flipped a switch one day and sales went down, it happened gradually and sales can go up gradually as well. Just wait and don't let numbers hurt your enjoyment of a series. Also notice, these numbers aren't that bad. Index still ranks high and some LNs would be lucky to make these numbers.
Old 2018-07-01, 13:37   Link #1372
tsunade666

I actually liked Kamisato, I don't like how his stupid harem was presented and with that insane kihara. It would probably be better if also the thing that made it happen is 3 days(if I remember it right) he assembled that insane level of harem in not a month. not a week. just few days. I feel banging my head just remembering it. Its stupid. END.

As for 40+ volumes. the only long running series that I follow, aside from index. Is Slayers. And that series is OLD.

As for kamachi. Thing is, why I like the plot. I didn't like the way its presented. I feel that it would be better if its stretch for more and lot less cuts on fights. I really didn't like the off scenes battle that happens in NT.

Ranking wise, Index is still rank one of the better ones. Anything that solds 10k more is good. 50k average is above average.

It's just sad to see the sales go down.
Old 2018-07-01, 18:30   Link #1373
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by salamander750 View Post
Man, I really want that damned Kamisato arc didn't happened
Sales curve dipped way before that, around the time of the anniversary.
Old 2018-07-05, 20:16   Link #1374
AP24

@tsunade, Actually LN series that sell more than 10k average are already above average and those that sell 50k average are considered hit series
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-05, 23:22   Link #1375
dniv
Season 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
Sales curve dipped way before that, around the time of the anniversary.
Because of that Heavy Object announcement which caused so much butthurt. We need a real season 3 that restores fan's confidence.

Old 2018-07-06, 00:30   Link #1376
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

It was just one factor, others added resulting in these numbers.

And I have my doubts whether the japanese market will go back as it used to be (for NT), they're not the boycotting type but the indifferent type that simply moves on without turning back.
Old 2018-07-23, 02:23   Link #1377
itine
No Book No Live

Cumulative issue series of light novels

http://ln-news.com/page-48826/
さすが! Sasuga! Kamachi!!
Images
01) 30,000,000 - Toaru Series - Dengeki Bunko - 2018/06
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Some Notes* (sorry, I dunno how to translate proprerly)
※本ページは随時更新されています。
※公表の年月は目安のひとつです。
※情報が確認できれば随時追記されます。
※青文字の部数は、電子書籍も含んで公表されている部数です。
※赤文字の部数は、全世界累計発行として公表されている部数です。
※ソードアート・オンラインは双方の発表数字があるため2つ掲載されています。
※「とある」シリーズはシリーズと原作の2つ掲載されています。
※「シリーズ累計発行」をベースにしていますが「累計発行」表記の数字も一部混在しています。

Last edited by itine; 2018-07-23 at 03:49.
itine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-23, 14:06   Link #1378
BladeMancer
TheBladeThatRivesDivinity

I don't see the anime revitalizing the series to its prime, but certainly it will bring it up back to 80k. Doesn't mean I still can't believe in that small possibility
Constant use will make it dull and weaken; it's user lacking purpose and aim. Thus comes the saying that the ire of the calm, kind and gentle forges with a mighty fire; a fierce blade, to cleave the one who beckoned their vengeance
BladeMancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-23, 17:50   Link #1379
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

That's to be expected, IMO while some claim Kamachi's writing improved I think it became niche which in turn made people unable/disinterested to keep up with the series adding on top the time(across released books) it takes for development then the pacing becomes a turn off.

Let's just believe old fans return at least for the duration of the third season.
Old 2018-07-23, 19:36   Link #1380
KiharaRonin

Niche is not a bad thing and the pacing is fine, even if some volumes have a large time gap in between