AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

View Poll Results: Who is the best girl?
Ogata Rizu 9 6.25%
Furuhashi Fumino 38 26.39%
Takemoto Uruka 16 11.11%
Kirisu Mafuyu (Sensei) 70 48.61%
Kominami Asumi (Senpai) 8 5.56%
Sekijou Sawako 2 1.39%
Umihara (Uruka's Friend -Short Hair-) 0 0%
Kawase (Uruka's Friend -Long Hair-) 0 0%
Others 1 0.69%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2018-07-21, 13:40   Link #1021
The One Above God
Kamijou

Ah, dammit, I enjoyed Rizu's chapters more than this one. This might be the worst Uruka chapter so far.

"I'll destroy that illusion!"

Last edited by The One Above God; 2018-07-21 at 23:51.
The One Above God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-21, 15:21   Link #1022
charasu
DigiDestinied

Not even /sp/ cp i think, more like everyone cp :v
Old 2018-07-21, 19:21   Link #1023
kuudererules

worst chapter for Uruka so far
I mean she's thinking too much and she's fine if Nariyuki swing that way
kuudererules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-22, 05:00   Link #1024
WingedAccelerator

Yup, I didn't like this one either. Feelz. :/
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-22, 13:23   Link #1025
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Is Uruka going to win? Kinda like impressive flag but a double-edged sword

Author is hell-bent on making Uruka seems to be intimate with another guy
And making Yuiga jealous in the process
But hasn't he gone too far?
Previous ones only insinuate that Uruka had a crush on a guy
Now it just make Uruka looks like a bitch with all those hickeys
And Yuiga still do nothing like protecting Uruka from this "imaginary bad boyfriend" of Uruka
If the next chapter which is about a mystery being solved by Fumino is not about the origin of those hickeys,
then I say bullshit if in the end it was revealed that Yuiga loved Uruka all along
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-22, 13:37   Link #1026
Lex79

It doesn't seem a flag so big to me. Could very well simply being that Yuiga is curious and flustered thinking that Uruka is in a relationship and does perverted things with a guy. Or maybe he is subconsciously a bit jealous, but nothing more.
Lex79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-22, 23:05   Link #1027
NeutralZero

IF moeyuki saw a similar mark in any of the heroine, he would still be bothered so hard to tell
similar to the suitor chapter of Fumino...
on a plus side to this crappy chapter, it made moeuyuki bother or curious how she got that on the other side:
Rizu: "Welcome to the club"
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-22, 23:29   Link #1028
Tenzen12

In Fumino case, Yuiga wasn't bothered by it slightest on personal level. He just wanted suitor wait until exams ends. It might be different now, but Uruka is only one he consistently show sign of jealousy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post

Is Uruka going to win? Kinda like impressive flag but a double-edged sword

Author is hell-bent on making Uruka seems to be intimate with another guy
And making Yuiga jealous in the process
But hasn't he gone too far?
Previous ones only insinuate that Uruka had a crush on a guy
Now it just make Uruka looks like a bitch with all those hickeys
And Yuiga still do nothing like protecting Uruka from this "imaginary bad boyfriend" of Uruka
If the next chapter which is about a mystery being solved by Fumino is not about the origin of those hickeys,
then I say bullshit if in the end it was revealed that Yuiga loved Uruka all along
It's certainly big flag, but it's big flag for quite while already , at this point I am actually starting worry author might want go for "status quo is God" angle, while haste progress elsewhere, it's inelegant and heavy handed way to screw with flags, but unfortunately it is still used (poor Lalatina).

As for Yuiga potentially loving Uruka, all along I don't see problem here. There is nothing indicating that Uruka's (nonexistent) loverboy forced her do anything she didn't want and apparently Nariyuki is trying pretty hard not be jealous, which is both flag on its own and reason why he is avoiding finding more. It's basically classic denial in action.
Old 2018-07-23, 00:01   Link #1029
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^What worries me is that this trope of "heroine is possibly chummy with a man" is abundant in seinen manga, but very rare in shounen

In shounen manga, when that trope happens, it bothers the MC so much that he's going out of his way to "stalk and protect" said heroine, basically what Uruka is doing this chapter to Yuiga

Here, Yuiga only curious, and while you can argue there is a tinge of jealousy, this is simply not what a shounen MC does when there's a possibility of a heroine is sucking someone's else dick

There's also that jinx that if it were Uruka, she couldn't have keep her calm

But as I said, if next chapter is Yuiga asking Fumino to investigate Uruka, then I'm pretty sure Uruka will win this game
Old 2018-07-23, 00:13   Link #1030
Tenzen12

I see, but again stalking Uruka would mean admit he has feeling for her (and he is not there yet) and not wanting interfere with other heroine happiness (with other guy) for cost denying yourself is not that uncommon and it's also almost always wining flag where MC finally realize own feelings barge into extremely well guarded manor beat bastard boyfriend (or if he is not bastard it,'a just chasing taking off airplane for sake of netori-ing poor boyfriend) and get happy end.

Well here it would be much less climatic scene, but principle is same. Look on Fumino case Yuiga could brazenly confront her suitor despite not having any particular feelings for her by that point, yet he anxiously try avoid learn anything about Uruka love interest. I dare say that itself is pretty significant hint.
Old 2018-07-23, 04:55   Link #1031
Hujan
One Who Search The Truth

^your argument will be more believable if you, yourself is not Uruka shipper. so I cant help but to think when you say it is Big Flag, it is significant hint, is because your bias (cause you are Uruka shipper)...

also, I bet detective Fumino next chapter is about "who is the (cat) prince?"
Old 2018-07-23, 06:48   Link #1032
Tenzen12

I also said just post before, that author might have intent ditch that flag as he didn't do anything with it for while.

Also what have me being shipper have anything to do with my argument? It either make sense or not. You should judge what is said instead, of by who. If you disagree then with logic behind post, that's your right, but then you should make counter-argument I can work with instead of something so onesided.

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2018-07-23 at 07:23.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-23, 07:25   Link #1033
Hujan
One Who Search The Truth

it is not a matter of agree or disagree, I just saying that "Your argument will be more believable IF you are not Uruka shipper".

your argument is sound, like this argument "Look on Fumino case Yuiga could brazenly confront her suitor despite not having any particular feelings for her by that point, yet he anxiously try avoid learn anything about Uruka love interest".

but the conclusion that "I dare say that itself is pretty significant hint", is subjective opinion.
and your subjective opinion, will be more believable IF you are not Uruka shipper.
Old 2018-07-23, 08:01   Link #1034
Tenzen12

You said my argument is sound... so what about approve it for me instead? Then it will come from Uruka non-shipper and be "more objective".
Old 2018-07-23, 08:15   Link #1035
Hujan
One Who Search The Truth

your argument is sound because that is a fact.
but whether it is a hint or not, I cant say for sure.
Old 2018-07-23, 08:51   Link #1036
wuhugm
Confused Shark

The most obvious hint that was the jinx got swept under the rug

I'll be furious if the one who took Yuiga's hand was among Rizu, Fumino, and Uruka

Coz they just don't show any reaction of it at all

Do hints even mean anything at all?
Old 2018-07-23, 14:18   Link #1037
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

^The jinx most likely won't be made use of or mentioned again until maybe the final arc or close to to final arc of this manga. All it was really used for was to tease the readers (preserve our interest in this story) and confirm that Yuiga's going to end up with the girl who touched his hand during the festival.

Also, I'm inclined to agree that if it's revealed that the girl he held hands with is one of the main trio, I'd call bullshit on them not reacting to or making a big deal of it considering how conscious they were of it in the first place.

-------------
Worst Uruka chapter by far, no debate there. That's a new low for her.

As it stands, I still don't think Uruka's gonna win the shipping wars. Imo, I find it unnatural that the author is pushing her so hard to begin with. It makes me think that he's just using her as camouflage so in the event that another heroine wins, it'd be more of a "surprise". Or maybe I'm just overthinking this and he's going the super obvious route and making it absolutely clear who's endgame?
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.

Last edited by MK-95-; 2018-07-23 at 16:10. Reason: Grammar
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-23, 14:58   Link #1038
thefreakmike

How big of a chance does shadow girl has of being end girl? Whoever she is
Old 2018-07-23, 16:10   Link #1039
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

^I'd say it's significant (but not absolute) since Yuiga commented on the authenticity of the jinx. (refer to ch 64, pages 19-20) Going by the tone of his monologue, It's almost certain that the girl who held his hand is most likely gonna be endgame.

There is one way they can get around the jinx and that's if they use it in a non-romantic way, instead binding him to the girl in another way such as being co-workers, becoming neighbors, etc... (However, given the romantic context in which the jinx was originally introduced, it seems unlikely that it'll go that route and if it does, some readers will call bullshit on it and it would be justified.)
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-26, 00:16   Link #1040
charasu
DigiDestinied

Wild miharu appear in fumino chapter

Tags
alternate endings, harem, harem?, high school, main heroine bias, no main heroine, omnibus, romantic comedy, romcom, shuraba