AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-04-10, 02:01   Link #23981
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya13 View Post
However I feel that this will be the last arc (where fighting is involve).
Doubt it, since the Masked King wouldn't be introduced, if this was the last arc, with some fighting taking place.

Not to mention, Inner Moka also said ... in the previous chapter, that defeating Gyokuro is only the beginning of creating a world, where ayashi and humans can coexist - I doubt that they can create this world, without fighting the ayashi that are opposed to this idea - and the Masked King is almost certainly going to belong to this "opposing side".

Also in a interview, with Ikeda that was found some time ago, it was implied that there will be a third season (or third year) and I doubt that Tsukune's third year at the Youkai Academy isn't going to involve any fighting.

Another thing, that suggests that some fighting is going to take place, in the future arc's, is the fact that Kuyou hasn't been "killed" during his rematch with Tsukune, which - considering how obsessed Kuyou is, in "defeating" Tsukune - definitely suggests that, another confrontation between them, might take place ... in the future.

Last edited by Chris38; 2013-04-10 at 02:14.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 02:22   Link #23982
kazzuya13

I don't know who will actually seal alucard again. cause Alucard can't die and I bet even Gyukurou will be devoured by Alucard. maybe Tsukune will assimilated with Alucard because for more parts he already had.
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 02:33   Link #23983
Chris38

Quote:
I don't know who will actually seal alucard again. cause Alucard can't die and I bet even Gyukurou will be devoured by Alucard. maybe Tsukune will assimilated with Alucard because for more parts he already had.
The most likely outcome is that Moka's Rosario function of "controlling Alucard" is going to be used to put him once again in a slumber state.

Since, I doubt that the author would reveal this, if it wouldn't be actually used to resolve the Alucard problem.

I doubt that Tsukune or anyone else - well, maybe apart from Outer Moka - is going to need to sacrifice himself to resolve the Alucard problem.

As for Gyokuro being devoured by Alucard ... as long as the Rosario is in her possession, that won't happen - although, I agree that it's possible that the Rosario is going to be taken away from her, during her fight with Inner Moka.
Old 2013-04-10, 08:49   Link #23984
kazzuya13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
The most likely outcome is that Moka's Rosario function of "controlling Alucard" is going to be used to put him once again in a slumber state.

Since, I doubt that the author would reveal this, if it wouldn't be actually used to resolve the Alucard problem.

I doubt that Tsukune or anyone else - well, maybe apart from Outer Moka - is going to need to sacrifice himself to resolve the Alucard problem.

As for Gyokuro being devoured by Alucard ... as long as the Rosario is in her possession, that won't happen - although, I agree that it's possible that the Rosario is going to be taken away from her, during her fight with Inner Moka.
And without that there will be no outer Moka
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 13:06   Link #23985
Alhazad2003

Quote:
And without that there will be no outer Moka
This is true, though considering what's been revealed about Omote and the Rosario, it seems to me there's no way things can go back to the way they were. So we might be seeing Omote's tragic end in this arc, the last one of season two, it would seem. I hope he makes it exceptionally emotional, just like the opening scene in episode 12 of Capu2, I actually cried when I saw Omote die. But we'll find out soon enough.
Alhazad2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 20:50   Link #23986
X207
Gamyūsa

although i hope outer Moka does return back to normal with the rosario, i can think of an acceptable personality meld for inner moka being used. the outer appearance wont change though outer's personalities whould show up sometimes given she was wearing the rosario for 10 yrs?? or so. it may be that the outer Moka was destined to be merged with the inner Moka.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
It depends on what you refer to as 'traditional'.

Hellsing's Alucard had it pretty close, as does Shinobu from Bakemonogatari all things considered. Vampires *could* walk around in the day, but it was usually dusk or dawn hours and they just really didn't like being out there. They reference it in R+V that Moka could get easily sunburned, but it's jumbled in both Gyokuro and Kahula in how they got that tanned skin... 0.o The 'burning up thing' was put in later, as were most of the other weaknesses. Silver is a well known purifier of sorts against the supernatural, and of course being blessed also helps. But the thought of a vampire wearing a cross as a power limiter ... yeah. They did show that the Rosario did weaken Dopple-Moka considerably with mere contact but otherwise, it was made to do that. I don't think that Moka could survive a silver cross through the chest, or any creature in R+V for that matter with the exception of Akasha and Alucard respectively.

"Wooden stake through the heart?"

"Yeah, yeah, who wouldn't that kill, huh?"

Vampire lore has been muddled, especially in recent times but especially when Christianity moved into an area and 'adjusted' many local legends and superstitions to suit the beliefs of the Church. European-based Vampires was one such that went through that 'adjustment' phase.
a hole in the heart would be able to stop nearly any creature (barring the exception of zombies).

im not really put off that she's not traditional as theres a good balance of old and new. holy items if blessed properly could serve a limiter thought the concept is still a bit strange for a calibrated cross only limit her full powers of a shinso.

i believe R+V did try to be as traditional in charactersistics in the start but adapted it to the arc ie beach arcs. its those particular full sun sparkly skin vamps which i cant stand a bit as they are too perfect (if you can say that.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinso Tsukune View Post
Ikeda's version of the vampire is a bit different from traditional folklore. The only things that are really different with his version is that the vampires can survive in sunlight, as seen when we witnessed Moka being in direct sunlight on multiple occasions in the human world, especially in the Witch and Sun arcs.

Another thing that is different is the method used to turn others into vampires, rather than drinking their blood, vampires need to injected their own blood into another through their fangs to convert others into vampires, this is the case with Tsukune Aono.

Other than that, things such as crosses, silver and water, usually anything that falls under the catagory of "Holy" harms them, which is something Ikeda decided to stick with.
the Anne Rice series of novels does have traditional vampires in the bram stoker style though Anne decided to have vampires turn only when they're nearly drained of blood and the victim must take/feed back the blood from the vamp. there are some that are daywalkers or even low light but those are reserved to the exceptionally strong elders. a few who took the 1st vamp's blood can get a tan and survive in full sun but only due to the strength of the blood.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 23:07   Link #23987
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
although i hope outer Moka does return back to normal with the rosario, i can think of an acceptable personality meld for inner moka being used. the outer appearance wont change though outer's personalities whould show up sometimes given she was wearing the rosario for 10 yrs?? or so. it may be that the outer Moka was destined to be merged with the inner Moka.
Well, I'm starting to think that those "changes" have already occurred - in other words, the current Moka, has already assimilated most of Outer Moka's personality traits.

After all, in the last few chapters Inner Moka has definitely changed, she's a lot more open to show her actual emotions (the chapter, where the fight between Gyokuro and Tsukune took place, is the one that shows that, pretty well), has a lot more compassion for others, and is definitely less tsun tsun and more dere.

Of course, those changes could be explained as Inner Moka finally breaking her cold exterior, and starting to show her actual "true" personality - but another possible explanation is that "the current Moka" is already a "merged" version of Inner and Outer Moka's personality traits.
Old 2013-04-11, 10:06   Link #23988
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Well, I'm starting to think that those "changes" have already occurred - in other words, the current Moka, has already assimilated most of Outer Moka's personality traits.

After all, in the last few chapters Inner Moka has definitely changed, she's a lot more open to show her actual emotions (the chapter, where the fight between Gyokuro and Tsukune took place, is the one that shows that, pretty well), has a lot more compassion for others, and is definitely less tsun tsun and more dere.

Of course, those changes could be explained as Inner Moka finally breaking her cold exterior, and starting to show her actual "true" personality - but another possible explanation is that "the current Moka" is already a "merged" version of Inner and Outer Moka's personality traits.
same here, i first noticed that when she accepted him as a youkai companion to trust in battle (not a ghoul.) i cant say i mourn the loss of outer Moka but i knew she couldnt hide behind that rosario as long as she stays with her friends and more importantly tsukune. its like a ""coming of age" for Moka to merge both personalities. though there were times before his youkai transformation where she did show more tsun than before he ever became a ghoul.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-11, 10:10   Link #23989
backbone
Banned

I'm more worried about Tsukune. How much longer his body will last at this rate?
backbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-11, 11:03   Link #23990
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbone View Post
I'm more worried about Tsukune. How much longer his body will last at this rate?
Long enough for Alucard to be resealed, which should be enough to solve the problem (issue), that he currently faces.

The reason why I think like that, (which, I said a few pages ago, in this thread) is due to the whole incident with the human modification ritual, where Tsukune's "Ghoul" side awakened, along with a portion of Alucard's blood, but he still managed to retain his sanity, despite that.

Of course, there are some differences between the current incident, and what happened during the human modification ritual, which might mean, that Tsukune might still need some minor "adjustments", even after Alucard is going to be resealed, but overall I don't think that Tsukune's current situation is as dangerous as the manga portrays it.

Last edited by Chris38; 2013-04-14 at 05:51.
Old 2013-04-28, 02:50   Link #23991
GrimJack

raws are out very early, chapter is about the fights of the rest of the gang (not Moka vs Gyokuro)
Old 2013-04-28, 03:00   Link #23992
Alhazad2003

Spoiler for chapter 63:
Alhazad2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 03:32   Link #23993
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alhazad2003 View Post
Spoiler for chapter 63:
It's been a while since I last checked R+V out.
Spoiler for Chapter 63:
Old 2013-04-28, 03:37   Link #23994
Chris38

Spoiler for 63:
Old 2013-04-28, 04:14   Link #23995
mrShady

Spoiler for 63:
mrShady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 04:53   Link #23996
zibi88

Spoiler for well:
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 07:10   Link #23997
Tachibana
タチバナ

Spoiler for 63:
Old 2013-04-28, 07:23   Link #23998
Johnny
Working the bags...

Spoiler for ch 63:
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 07:33   Link #23999
Tachibana
タチバナ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Spoiler for ch 63:
Spoiler for 63:
Old 2013-04-28, 07:36   Link #24000
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Spoiler for ch 63:
Spoiler for 63:

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire