AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

View Poll Results: Hayate no Gotoku!! (2nd Season) - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 31 54.39%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 19.30%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 15.79%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 1.75%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 5.26%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.75%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.75%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-18, 02:58   Link #41
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
I always wondered, however, that since the title of this show indicates that Hayate is a combat butler, yet, we really don't see him combatting that much, or improving in skill level at any reasonable rate. Is it just a tease that they title the show that way, or will he really eventually develop something shounen like?
Well he did obtain an ultimate finishing move in episode 3, Hayate no Gotoku. When he destroyed the giant robot that is.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2009-05-18, 03:30   Link #42
SimplyBill
King

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer545-sama View Post
What I did not like based on my religious beliefs:
-Some might go against me but I hope not. The fan service of lolis is not something I am fond of although I would not turn against anyone since as long as it is not real or involves real kids. I am ok with Maria.
I do not know any loli character.
Old 2009-05-18, 04:24   Link #43
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Good episode . It was hilarious and some characters develepoments .
I want Hayate x Hinagiku or x Ayumu or x Maria (but more Hinagiku)
Nagi is boring and too childish .
Old 2009-05-18, 09:56   Link #44
kaito21

Send a message via MSN to kaito21 Send a message via Yahoo to kaito21
wait hina-chan say that she would root for ayumu at the end meaning that she'll just let hayate go??
Old 2009-05-18, 10:25   Link #45
Serffix

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito21 View Post
wait hina-chan say that she would root for ayumu at the end meaning that she'll just let hayate go??
She promised to root for Ayumu because she realised that Ayumu was much more serious about her feelings for Hayate. Remember that Hina is not in love yet with Hayate at this point so it's not like she's really "letting him go".

I believe it's more appropriate to say that Hina seems interested in Hayate, but she's still confused about what that really means to her. It's also important not to forget the secret about Hina's past since this will also play a role in her development of realising her true feelings.
Old 2009-05-18, 12:42   Link #46
Mentar
Banned

Exactly what Serffix said. Look at it like what she did on Valentine's day. She HAD a small chocolate for Hayate, but she stepped back since she supported the much more devoted Ayumu in her effort. The same happened here, with Hina's promise to support Hamster.

The cursed promise. I believe that nothing Hina goes through in the entire show will cause her so much pain and anguish as this well-intended, but ill-fated promise.
Old 2009-05-18, 12:48   Link #47
puretsundere
Tachibana Isana

Absolutely loved episode 7. Gotta love an episode with lots of Maria, Hinagiku, and Ayumu. Lots of cute moments throughout.
Old 2009-05-18, 12:55   Link #48
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Thankfully, this isn't the type of series where romance leads to warring fanbases like most other. It must be due to the atmosphere of the series or maybe because I know that Hayate won't end up with anyone in the end. It is almost a given that the ending would be open ended in order to keep everyone happy (or rather to keep the story going). I would be surprised to see a solid closure of any sort.

And with Nagi still firmly out of the picture I can say that I am still enjoying the series very much ^^'
Still Hina should really try to go along with her feelings rather than continue to push them away by finding excuses for Ayumu to be together with Hayate and I don't think that they are a match for each other anyway. Maria didn't get much screentime which saddened me...again I can't see her with Hayate for as long as she is under Nagi's authority.

Hina here is really the girl who has the most chance next to Nagi but she keeps denying it.

Highlight of the episode: Hayate blunting out that he should take a bath together with Hina...then given the all important question of who he would prefere

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2009-05-18, 13:00   Link #49
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Thankfully, this isn't the type of series where romance leads to warring fanbases like most other. It must be due to the atmosphere of the series or maybe because I know that Hayate won't end up with anyone in the end. It is almost a given that the ending would be open ended in order to keep everyone happy (or rather to keep the story going). I would be surprised to see a solid closure of any sort.
I'm not quite as pessimistic. At least the mangaka said that there WILL be an ending to the story. And Hina and Maria were confirmed to be "in striking distance".

Quote:
And with Nagi still firmly out of the picture I can say that I am still enjoying the series very much ^^'
I believe, the right term should be: She has been "Indexed".

Quote:
Still Hina should really try to go along with her feelings rather than continue to push them away by finding excuses for Ayumu to be together with Hayate and I don't think that they are a match for each other anyway. Maria didn't get much screentime which saddened me...again I can't see her with Hayate for as long as she is under Nagi's authority.
What? Don't tell me you didn't read the manga? Oh you lucky SOB.

Quote:
Hina here is really the girl who has the most chance next to Nagi but she keeps denying it.
She didn't even start yet, in fact, she just promised to support Ayumu. "The root of all evil", I tell you.

Quote:
Highlight of the episode: Hayate blunting out that he should take a bath together with Hina...then given the all important question of who he would prefere
That Hina actually blushed when she posed the question almost freaked me out when I read it in the manga
Old 2009-05-18, 13:08   Link #50
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
That Hina actually blushed when she posed the question almost freaked me out when I read it in the manga
I like how she turns it around as a way to ask about the girlfriend status, and it completely backfires on her.

It's a shame that there's not a lot of Nagi at this point in the story, though my thoughts while reading this part in the manga was that Hina deserves this development, and i believe that all the more watching this adaptation.
Old 2009-05-18, 17:41   Link #51
Viridian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
A little off topic, but Tessa was originally supposed to be the main female protagonist and Chidori was supposed to be a one time character. However, the author loved Chidori so much that halfway through writing the story, he changed Chidori into the main protagonist and placed Tessa in a more supporting cast role.
That's kind of surprising. Thanks!

On topic: Having read the manga, I found the episode to be a bit dull actually
Ayumu was hilarious though (I'm staying around Hayate to improve our relationship points!)
Old 2009-05-18, 17:59   Link #52
Keio
Serious Business

Quote:
If that question was asked to you, who would you pick?
Old 2009-05-18, 18:58   Link #53
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keio View Post
If that question was asked to you, who would you pick?
Fool!! There can only be one answer...
( ゚ω゚) All three! (゚ω゚ )

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2009-05-18, 20:45   Link #54
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
I'm not that greedy, I will just take 2
Ayumu can have Hayate instead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
I believe, the right term should be: She has been "Indexed".
Which reminds me of a certain magical Index being shafted too ^^'
Quote:
She didn't even start yet, in fact, she just promised to support Ayumu. "The root of all evil", I tell you.
So you mean there will be more to come? Oh goodie!
And burn that promise to hell! She is lying to herself D:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2009-05-18, 22:13   Link #55
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Hi, when I watched that Episode, I really have no idea Why the birds being so jealous even a PLANT?
Old 2009-05-18, 23:35   Link #56
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

Nagi caught the Indexitis? Poor girl, as much as I like everyone else on the show more than her, no humansoul deserves that disease.

Also the biggest chuckle came from Hayate's big lack of interest in Katsura-sensei fanservice.

I can't wait to see how things develop, since I haven't read the manga. I'm on the edge of my seat.
Old 2009-05-18, 23:45   Link #57
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamad View Post
Nagi caught the Indexitis? Poor girl, as much as I like everyone else on the show more than her, no humansoul deserves that disease
Na... Nagi...? Wh-who is that?!

Quote:
Which reminds me of a certain magical Index being shafted too ^^'
Ahahaha, good one.

Quote:
Σ(;゚Д゚)

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2009-05-19, 03:31   Link #58
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
It's good people are able to notice that. I mean yeah sure it's pretty obvious what it is she is doing, though i'm glad people are actually coming forth and saying it. First she used her 'jumping to conclusion' thought that Hayate had a girlfriend, thus meaning she's not allowed to get anyway near him and she can shut off her own feelings, and now it's the "i'll support you" line. That one's not a strong as the first, though thanks to that it shouldn't last long.

& yeah, there's more to come.
Old 2009-05-19, 04:45   Link #59
kaito21

Send a message via MSN to kaito21 Send a message via Yahoo to kaito21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serffix View Post
She promised to root for Ayumu because she realised that Ayumu was much more serious about her feelings for Hayate. Remember that Hina is not in love yet with Hayate at this point so it's not like she's really "letting him go".

I believe it's more appropriate to say that Hina seems interested in Hayate, but she's still confused about what that really means to her. It's also important not to forget the secret about Hina's past since this will also play a role in her development of realising her true feelings.
i see thnx
Old 2009-05-19, 04:49   Link #60
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
It's good people are able to notice that. I mean yeah sure it's pretty obvious what it is she is doing, though i'm glad people are actually coming forth and saying it. First she used her 'jumping to conclusion' thought that Hayate had a girlfriend, thus meaning she's not allowed to get anyway near him and she can shut off her own feelings,[...]
I honestly don't think that Hina was lying to herself. Remember her monologue in bed. Hina is confused and "always had Hayate in the corner of her eye", as she put it in this episode. Also, on two occasions she started a line with "But why is it that (I'm feeling happiness/relief)". It's rather that she notices that part of her feels happy to hear that Hayate is NOT off limits after all, but she can't quite connect the dots yet. And in the end of the episode, she credibly concludes that it's their similar past which drew her towards Hayate (and not some romantic intentions).

In a nutshell, I don't think that Hina is in active denial. She simply doesn't consider Hayate as boyfriend material yet. This is a very gradual process, and we're merely at the beginning.

Quote:
[...] and now it's the "i'll support you" line. That one's not a strong as the first, though thanks to that it shouldn't last long.
*laughs and weeps at the same time at that*

...to be continued.
Closed Thread