AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-31, 01:07   Link #21
Intranetusa
Pedites Extraordinarii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange View Post
I thought Evening Primrose mustered out with their full strength to attack PANDORA, and pretty much got wiped out. I can't recall anyone making it out alive, with, maybe, that naked teleporter woman and... that's about it.
Yeh...it seemed like they pretty much got owned in their assault on the gate...

Funny that all of them dying was only to serve as a distraction so Hei could get to the center of the gate. (or if the others managed to actually destroy the gate..)
Old 2009-10-31, 18:12   Link #22
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

I hope Suou won't have some corny conclusion plot like "666th contractor".
Old 2009-11-01, 05:48   Link #23
Zantetsuken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuchi View Post
I don't think so. That's part of the interest, too; do you see them perform incredible stunts that couldn't be made without a good enough training? Hei may jump from here to there with his cord, but it's not like he has superhuman strength nor godlike agility. The same goes for the rest of the contractors. Did the singer have any special ability apart from the powers she got through the contract? What about Suou? So no, I don't think they're enhanced.
Well blood guy from s1 can still keep fighting after massive blood loss. And November fought 4 or more people carrying SMG in a small room. He must have got shot quite a few. And he still can walk that distance from the building.
Old 2009-11-01, 07:57   Link #24
Tsuchi

Quote:
Well blood guy from s1 can still keep fighting after massive blood loss. And November fought 4 or more people carrying SMG in a small room. He must have got shot quite a few. And he still can walk that distance from the building.
Yes, but that should be part of his power, it would be pretty useless if he went dizzy from a couple of attacks, don't you think? Just like the singer not feeling the backlash from shouting like that nor going completely deaf by eardrum piercing; maybe Wei had improved blood regeneration cells precisely for the sake of his power, but no powered up strength or agility whatsoever.

That's just my speculation anyway. If they are powered up, they're just very specific things, and that's what make Contractors interesting; they're not Servants or superhero-like warriors, they can die as normal human beings and they have an annoying compensation to attend.
Old 2009-11-01, 08:04   Link #25
Zantetsuken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuchi View Post
Yes, but that should be part of his power, it would be pretty useless if he went dizzy from a couple of attacks, don't you think? Just like the singer not feeling the backlash from shouting like that nor going completely deaf by eardrum piercing; maybe Wei had improved blood regeneration cells precisely for the sake of his power, but no powered up strength or agility whatsoever.

That's just my speculation anyway. If they are powered up, they're just very specific things, and that's what make Contractors interesting; they're not Servants or superhero-like warriors, they can die as normal human beings and they have an annoying compensation to attend.
Except LOL Burger-kun
Old 2009-11-01, 17:17   Link #26
Intranetusa
Pedites Extraordinarii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zantetsuken View Post
Except LOL Burger-kun
you mean beer-kun now?

or was it vodka-kun...
Old 2009-11-01, 18:41   Link #27
orangejuicetang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intranetusa View Post
you mean beer-kun now?

or was it vodka-kun...
I think he was refering to the speed contracter from episode 1, not Hei.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
Old 2009-11-15, 17:28   Link #28
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intranetusa View Post
Yeh...it seemed like they pretty much got owned in their assault on the gate...

Funny that all of them dying was only to serve as a distraction so Hei could get to the center of the gate. (or if the others managed to actually destroy the gate..)
Or a few thought so like Brita and Amagiri.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2010-01-07, 13:20   Link #29
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
I liked how the Syndicate from DTB morphed into THE Syndicate in DTB 2. He he...

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Closed Thread