AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-12-21, 03:09   Link #3341
Kamui04

Quote:
Originally Posted by fukarming View Post
Though the whole casualty talk brought in an interesting thought: What is the EXPECTATION of a Senshado practitioner in terms of injury? As that will directly link to the whole Ideology of Shiho and Mishizumi school. It seems that Shiho and Mishizumi school expects one to die for Senshado (thus going out of the tank and save someone is "wrong") It is OK as long as everyone who practice Senshado agree to it. (Swordsman back in the day expects to live and die by the sword, thus Miyamoto Musashi is a swordsman, not a murderer. Before every duel, both sides understand it is a fight to the death). Do Senshado practitioner sign the accident waiver form before they enter the match?
Well we have talked enough about senshado being considered a sport. Now any sports because of it's physical nature has it's inherent risk. If you swim, you'd accidentally drown. In the USA we got football where every year a few highschoolers die from injuries. In Europe and Latin America we got soccer and a few die of heart failure each year. And in Japan a few die each year practicing Judo with safer modern rules and moves!!! And in these sports do they force you to sign an accident waiver? Do knowing this statistics stop people from participating?
Kamui04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-21, 03:22   Link #3342
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post
Spoiler for More OAV scene:
so good volley ball hihihihi
Old 2012-12-21, 03:24   Link #3343
Panzerklein
In cash we trust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui04 View Post
Leaving the "if the shell could kill humans aside" Yes some of bigger shell sizes can easily penetrate WWII era armor which ranged from 60-120 mm. Modern tanks with higher quality steel, ceramics and composites have the "equivalent" of 600mm of armor. The rules indicate that the tanks materials must conform to the WWII standards. But about the carbon lining, can you tell me exactly what kind of carbon are they using, how thick and how much protection against penetration they add in this ficticious setting? You talk as if it's a given and you've witnessed that a 128mm shell will blow the WWII armor, blow the carbon protection into smitherins, go out the other side, take out the tank behind it and fly off into the horizon in the GuP world. So far we haven't seen penetration, just fire and carbon composites and fuel can burn easily. So if they tell you instead of carbon lining, the interior of the tanks is made of vibranium and adamantium, are you gonna say the 128mm from JagdTiger is gonna blow the adamantium into tiny pieces too?

In the end GuP is a work of fiction. If they tell you the shells are specially made and the tanks interior and it's occupands are protected with carbon, vibranium, adamantium, magic or the power of whatever god there is, that's where real life logic and science stops applying, and hope this discussion ends here because enough catgirls have died so far.
So can you give me a specific number of how thick of carbon lining and how it can resisting the impact of a real 128mm shell from a 128mm L/55 gun? The shells in are used in Senshado not real ones used in WW2, they're special made by Senshado Federation, so far we know Senshado forbid any shells which aren't made by Senshado Federation include machinegun bullets. If your carbon lining is undestroyable, they don't need trict to use the special shells from Federation.
Old 2012-12-21, 03:28   Link #3344
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerklein View Post
Which brigade? Even if they're just National Guardmen, they're still trained despite can't be as same as Navy SEAL or Delta before they were sent. Not just find and pick up to the tank like B1 Chas, Chi-Nu and Tiger P team.
Article at link here. The unit I was talking about, that went to OPFOR, was Task Force 1-32 Armor, part of the 2nd "Blackjack" Brigade of the 1st Cavalry Division; their opponents were a company of Alaska National Guardsmen who'd only seen Dragon missiles a few weeks before they went up against 1-32.

Much egg was on 1-32's face; they'd gotten pasted by opponents who were arguably less experienced than the Iraqis they routed a year earlier. That said, the Alaskan NG boys had good teachers in OPFOR.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-21, 03:33   Link #3345
Kamui04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerklein View Post
So can you give me a specific number of how thick of carbon lining and how it can resisting the impact of a real 128mm shell from a 128mm L/55 gun? The shells in are used in Senshado not real ones used in WW2, they're special made by Senshado Federation, so far we know Senshado forbid any shells which aren't made by Senshado Federation include machinegun bullets. If your carbon lining is undestroyable, they don't need trict to use the special shells from Federation.
I can't and that's where this discussion should end. Because nobody knows the specifics of this special shells and special protection, period.
Kamui04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-21, 08:57   Link #3346
gaiar31

gaiar31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-21, 08:58   Link #3347
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Images
BD/DVD Bonus Playing Cards
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-21, 09:02   Link #3348
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui04 View Post
I can't and that's where this discussion should end. Because nobody knows the specifics of this special shells and special protection, period.
I am sure if there was any details to be had, we would know them by now.

This is what it boils down to; they use special ammunition for all tanks that limit true penetration without affecting ballistic characteristics. And that in general the girls are safe in their tanks despite no 5 point harness.

Yes, it IS still dangerous. This is why when ever a tank is knocked out, Miho had to call on radio to ask if the crew is okay. There is an acknowledged risk that people can get injured. One just has to assume they have a level of risk aversion similar to the 1960's. Is it realistic? Not in 2012, but going back a few decades and you would find that level of risk acceptable to the population.

As for how they stop large destructive cannons from blasting right through a light tank? We just had to take the studio's word for it. That whatever they did to the artillery shell nerfed its power sufficiently.
Old 2012-12-21, 09:56   Link #3349
Gravitas Free Zone

The OAV is very... round. I hope the emphasis on roundness wasn't a cause for the delays in the last two episodes.

There is much there that wasn't present in the show for fans of... round, though.

One last word on safety: I still think the girls would have looked cute (and a lot safer) in proper uniforms. I liked Katyusha in her giant chibi helmet. Having extremities outside the tank would still be a safety risk.

It would have complicated the narrative, but I could also see a safer playing option where the tanks are actually using MILES and all of the explosions that we're seeing are computer-simulated for the spectators... because when we're watching the match we're seeing on the big screen like the people on the bleachers.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-21, 10:19   Link #3350
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

More Water War OVA screenshots, featuring my Yukari :

Images
All Dem Yukaris

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2012-12-21, 11:46   Link #3351
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
More Water War OVA screenshots, featuring my Yukari :

Images
All Dem Yukaris
*casts Reality Marble*

So as I load...
UNLIMITED YUKARI WORKS!!!

*Goose is shot*

Also, modified loading chant for Yukari, modified from the original chant I made years ago with Lowe's help:

I am the propellant of my shell.
Steel is my casing, and HE is my warhead.
I have loaded over a thousand shells.
Unknown to fatigue, nor known to rest.
Have withstood pain to load many guns.
Yet, these hands will never know victory.
So as I pray, Unlimited Loader Works.

TBH, the 2nd to last line, I really wanted to type, "Yet this hands will never caress Nishiz-"

*Goose is shot again with a 75mm Kwk L/43*

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-21, 11:49   Link #3352
Marina2

From the news, look like all Girl und Panzer BDs are sold out in the first day.
Old 2012-12-21, 13:12   Link #3353
Sumeragi
Banned

Images
Conversation of the Nishizumi Sisters
Images
Battle Food
Images
Lovey-dovey Pravda 3
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-21, 17:35   Link #3354
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Something of possible interest: Suzuki, one of the Automoble Club members, has this in her description: Her dream is to be "an owner of her own professional Panzerfahren team".

So there are professional Panzerfahren teams in the world as well as High Schools.
Old 2012-12-21, 17:53   Link #3355
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
So there are professional Panzerfahren teams in the world as well as High Schools.
I've always thought there exists adult senshado teams. That being said, I don't know if the rules will be different as will be the vehicles.

I think if the producers intended on a sequel, using the same premise might be underwhelming.

Quite frankly I am very interested if they ever do one featuring tanks from the 60s ~ 70s. I am also interested if they ever do one from late 20th early 21st century models.

Hmm, I do have a thing for the Type 74, for some reason:

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2012-12-21 at 18:33.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-21, 18:58   Link #3356
Helius

Just so you know the Oarai instructor drives a Leopard 2. So one can assume there's tankery for grown-ups with modern tanks.
Helius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-21, 19:03   Link #3357
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Wasn't that a Japanese Type 10?
Old 2012-12-21, 19:04   Link #3358
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helius View Post
Just so you know the Oarai instructor drives a Leopard 2. So one can assume there's tankery for grown-ups with modern tanks.
It's actually a Japanese Type 10 MBT.

Old 2012-12-21, 19:10   Link #3359
Helius

Ah thank for clarifying.
Helius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-21, 20:03   Link #3360
gaiar31

Last edited by gaiar31; 2012-12-21 at 21:37.
gaiar31 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, gup, original anime, slice of life, sports, tanks