AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2018-05-25, 11:02   Link #3581
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I didn't expect the Pussycats to show up. Nice to see Ragdoll is doing fine despite the loss of her quirk. They were probably brought back because of the anime. Whatever the reason, good stuff.

Eri's horn is starting to grow again, huh? Not necessarily a bad sign, it might just be because she's getting more relaxed and less afraid of her powers.

Among the top ten heroes, the samurai and the washing machine stood out for me as well. The bunny girl too, for completely different reasons.
Old 2018-05-25, 11:24   Link #3582
grecefar

I'm surprise that kamui was in the top 10, didn't see that coming.

love the rabbit girl desing
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-25, 11:31   Link #3583
Twi

I kind of like the thought of a Kamui Woods and Mt. Lady pairing after it got mentioned when she chose not to comment on their relationship.
Old 2018-05-25, 11:54   Link #3584
Wandering Soul

If they were going to bring back the Pussycats, this really was the best time to do it. Nice to see that Kota looks up to Deku now and also nice to see that Ragdoll is doing well.

Out of the pro heroes, it was the winged guy and the washing machine guy that stood out for me.

I can also get on board with the Kamui Wood and Mt. Lady pairing.
Old 2018-05-25, 15:22   Link #3585
marvelB

Come to think of it, one hero I wish we learned the ranking of is Fatgum. I really like him a lot, so I hope that he's at least in the top 20. Also, how well did Nighteye fare when he was alive? As AM's former sidekick, surely he must have had a top spot. I'm also a little curious about that bamboo guy from Gentle's flashback. He may have become a pro hero, but is he really all that successful? Personally, I'd find it amusing if he's even below the Pussycats in rank, heh.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-25, 18:09   Link #3586
kiak666

Talking

Interestingly, it was revealed that Tokoyami's internship mentor is actually Hawks. Who wants to bet that the Winged Hero has taught our resident bird head to use Dark Shadow for flight?
kiak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-25, 23:25   Link #3587
HtwoN

Hmm, I never thought Kamui Wood was that good. And he has an affair with Mount Lady as well? Now I'm really curious about him.
HtwoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-26, 11:32   Link #3588
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtwoN View Post
Hmm, I never thought Kamui Wood was that good. And he has an affair with Mount Lady as well? Now I'm really curious about him.
Yeah, I wouldn't have guessed he'd be in the top 10 either, although he does have a pretty nice quirk.
Old 2018-05-26, 12:33   Link #3589
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Yeah, I wouldn't have guessed he'd be in the top 10 either, although he does have a pretty nice quirk.
Hope that his ultimate ability is busting out a wooden Buddha or something.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-01, 05:08   Link #3590
marvelB

Next chapter's here!

Well, we learn a bit more about Hawks, who's basically another young prodigy (and whom Endeavor is not fond of, heh). But more importantly, at the end, we learn that some more evolved Noumus (who seemed to gain sentience) are beginning to wreak some havoc once more....
Old 2018-06-01, 05:09   Link #3591
Random14

That Wings guy sure has a mouth on him. Most of the rest of the top 10 are either respectful, enthusiastic or eccentric, but Wings is... blunt? Or maybe manipulative would be more accurate. No wonder Endeavor doesn't like him. I like Endeavor's simple response. If he started into an All Might style speech that would really come off as fake.

And looks like Endeavor will have a chance to prove himself soon. So even with All For One locked up, the Nomus are still improving. I was never sure how much was due to his own special quirk or his resources, but yeah, it would have been too much to hope for the newer Nomus to be weaker.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-01, 12:56   Link #3592
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Hawks came across as a real ass, but he apparently has great approval ratings, so maybe he's not that bad? Or he's just really good at pretending and manipulating people. Even Endeavor couldn't tell whether he was being honest or mocking him.
Old 2018-06-01, 13:10   Link #3593
Wandering Soul

Not sure if Hawk is an ass, manpluative, or both. I am sort of looking forward to his buddy cop adventures with Endeavor though.

Looks like imprisoning AFO hasn't stopped the Nomus from growing.
Old 2018-06-01, 13:42   Link #3594
Ultragunner

IMO, Hawks is more of a troll. rather than an @ss

and from the look of it, although people did think he was a bit arrogant, not many actually were not upset or offended by what he said. Endevoir was quite annoyed tho
Old 2018-06-08, 11:01   Link #3595
Random14

Huh, Hawks' feathers sure have a lot of uses. I can see why he's the #2 ranked hero at his age, he's both very observant and strong. Though that personality would clash with Endeavor's. Heh, Endeavor still has to work on being friendly, but at least he's trying. And was he flying at the end?!

There are definitely still Noumu out there, but yeah, just the mere rumor of those crazy monsters is enough to keep the populace on edge. Just another part of the battle for morale between heroes and villains. Looking forward to seeing the fight between Endeavor and the new Noumu.
Old 2018-06-08, 11:10   Link #3596
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I was wondering how Hawks managed to become the number two hero with a quirk like "wings". Turns out his quirk is a lot more than that. He's able to detach his feathers and freely manipulate them, which makes it a very versatile quirk.

And Endeavor is the freaking human torch! He can fly!
Old 2018-06-08, 12:45   Link #3597
Wandering Soul

Hawk's quirk is pretty versatile and it's easy to see how he could earn the number 2 spot. I am s bit concerned about his line that he's a good observer when he was asked how he knows so much about U.A.

Lol at Endeavor's fanboy. I guess the "stoic non catering to the fanboys" Endeavor does appeal to some people.
Old 2018-06-08, 12:51   Link #3598
marvelB

Huh, Hawks is starting to interest me a bit more, now. I like how casually he handled his hero duties (even stopping a villain attack) while chatting with Endeavor, heh. Speaking of the villain attack.... geez, it really must be embarrassing to be an evil flasher of all things!

And yeah, I also found it amusing how that kid preferred the old asshole Endeavor. Guess that kid will really idolize Bakugou once he turns pro, heh. Anyway, now to see the new #1 kick some Noumu ass!
Old 2018-06-15, 01:41   Link #3599
Ultragunner

Couls it be that Endeavour is just an awkward dude?
That still doesn't justify what he did to his family , but Rei (his wife) doesn't seem to completely hate him, she is still afraid of course
Old 2018-06-15, 05:03   Link #3600
Random14

I didn't expect to see Endeavor's family. Its nice to see more of Shouto's siblings and get a better idea of what shape their family is in. Skill aside, I'm still not sure how to judge Endeavor. Its horrible how he's treated his family, yet apparently he does pay attention? Its probably not so simple as him turning over a new leaf, but he is trying.

And huh, so Endeavor's basically figured out how to hover now. And Wings' quirk is even more useful than I had expected. But the new Noumu is more than a match for Endeavor. Time to see what the new #1 can really do, although I'm afraid that all this damage is already a victory of sorts for the villains.

Tags
action, coming of age, great supporting cast, shounen, superhero, unique art/plot