AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2018-05-24, 15:10   Link #401
Blueknight78

is important to remember which not "aways" the end is what matter, if we follow that logic about "we already know how ti gonna end" them we could just "quit a lot of originnal material" because many of them are pretty obvious the end.

Another thing wich matter too is the "jorney". in this case what lead to that "end and that is a point.

I really don't care if anime and manga are 100% equals, sometimes it can be important others no, but if they manage to delivery a "fun jorney" them is fine, them my problem is not really i'm already know how it's gonna end" but to see exactly how much different was the jorney. because sometimes one can do it "better tham the other" sometimes a anime adaptation ca be better than the "source" like amagi brilliant park or violet because they trying to improve the source and in many cases the source is better them when the anime does poor like pupa and others this talking about series which try to "stay faithfull to the source", when comes to series which like to be more original or you don't have a source material and both material can be a source and have differences, them what is matter for me is the quality of it.

get darling in the franxx it's a original anime with a manga adaptation which don't follow the source 100% like dragon ball while overal how the "currently arc ended is the same, what lead to it goes different and it's make good because it don't feel "rushed" or cut down so far, which is dragon ball super manga, specially this currently arc it feel horrible rushed with some "underwhelming fights".

Since toytaro don't hade the obligation of follow the "source" or in this case anime and the only thing he had to keep the same was the end, then he don't had a reason to make soo many rushes and cuts and make what was supposed to be really a "long big battle with many small battles in a "short version" with many offscreens and "one shots" or crap fast battles like rito x jiren, the manga pace is being horrible, the black arc was another exemple while it have some interesting things the rush and underplayed characters like f trunks and how the batle goes to "multiple copies" honestely (at last for me) was even worst than the anime, it's not like anime don't had bad moments too, but the manga also is having a lot too.

And i'm reading the manga because in the end it's dragon ball and after years watching movies and animes and reading manga and being a big fan since my childhood why i would not "read"??? just because i "dont like"?? if was like that them i could not be reading to love run darkness because i hated it with all my heart but the fact which was something i was following and totally enjoyed in the beginner had a weight on it them is not simple like that peoples come and say "if you don't like don't watch", it's sound very "offensive" come with that, specially in long running series like that which are so "mainstream", not aways peoples following it because they like it or not but have others reasons.

i Can understand the "don't follow" when is a new serie and you want to give it a chance but when is something which you are following and liking for a long time is really hard not "keep following" even when you are hating it to the heart, because you have others reason to keep following than just liking or not what is being showed now.
Old 2018-05-24, 15:18   Link #402
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I find it more fitting that she calls Krillin beautiful and 18 ugly. I mean look at her :P
Old 2018-05-25, 00:27   Link #403
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
And he got one good hit in, and otherwise was put to the brink of death before he could even blink.
He survives long enough from something that outclassed him totally. If Akira care about powerlevel at that time, Frieza's horn impales would have Krillin got disintegrated on contact considering how Vegeta was completely disintegrated Cui with a few thousand point difference in power level.

Quote:
This has nothing to do with anything. People go to see Michael Bay movies for explosions, and he delivers them, but that doesn't make them good.
I never said DBS anime is the best anime in the world. People watch DBS anime because they know what they want and TOEI delivered it.

Quote:
Yes. If you don't like something, stop doing it. Don't do something just because others do. I don't see why this is a difficult concept.

But if you aren't enjoying it, why torture yourself?
Please tell me that you went to other forums and told those who don't enjoy the DBS manga to drop it.

Well, as for the reason why am I still reading it, you can think I am a masochist if you don't like my other answer; a dragon ball fan in my previous post.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-25, 09:08   Link #404
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I got what i wanted. Female Saiyans and they were cool if a little thin. Damn you Toriyama and your new style.
Old 2018-05-26, 06:15   Link #405
Hoodspirit

I'm not really a fan of this version. It drastically lacks characterisation to care about any fighter.

Caulifla seems way too weak too if she didn't even notice anything about Kale.
Hoodspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-26, 20:54   Link #406
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodspirit View Post
I'm not really a fan of this version. It drastically lacks characterisation to care about any fighter.

Caulifla seems way too weak too if she didn't even notice anything about Kale.
The Mangas always go through stuff faster, but this is really fast and kinda worse than the anime.
Old 2018-06-05, 13:01   Link #407
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
The Mangas always go through stuff faster, but this is really fast and kinda worse than the anime.
You mean the DBS manga? The first arc was really rushed and the second directly skipped but I think the universe 6 vs universe 7 tournament and Trunks' arc were more loyal. Still, the current tournament took a lot of time in the anime. Is it also taking its time in the manga? From what I remember, they skipped most of the preparations
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-19, 11:52   Link #408
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoilers came out.

Spoiler for 37:
Old 2018-06-19, 15:00   Link #409
Robotech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Spoilers came out.

Spoiler for 37:
So her being Blue-level, even if her power fluctuates drastically due to lack of control, seems to be an established storyboard item.
Robotech Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-19, 19:58   Link #410
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Manga Kale is way better than Anime. lol
Old 2018-06-19, 20:01   Link #411
BladeMancer
TheBladeThatRivesDivinity

Manga Kale is actually strong for one, decently strong if she can knock around Post-ROF 4th form Freeza in her base. Her Legendary form boost is justified
Frequent use will make it dull and brittle; it's ill sheen reflecting the wielder's lost virtues and strength. Thus comes the saying that the ire of the calm, kind and gentle forges with vengful fire a fearsome bladed edge. Pray for those whose image reflects off it, for it may only stop through reconcilatory waters or icy voids of the end.
BladeMancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-19, 20:23   Link #412
Blueknight78

well in anime the only preson which could beat kale in "berserker/aka hulk/brole mode was jiren, he was the only one which knocked her down, her power is just like that when in legendary form, the problem is which she only get strong aslong she is on berserker form if she start to get control over it them she start to become weak.
Old 2018-06-19, 21:50   Link #413
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Wonder if we will get Kefla.
Old 2018-06-20, 00:24   Link #414
alex_drian

I would get angry if we don't get Kefla.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-20, 07:58   Link #415
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Didn't Kale in the anime manage to stay somewhat strong even when in control after a while, @Blueknight?

And yeah, I also want to see Kefla in the manga. It's not to the point that I'd be angry if it's not shown, but still.
Old 2018-06-20, 09:29   Link #416
Sixth
Hu Tao

Funny.

When Toei made Kale tanked SSB Goku in the anime, almost every manga readers call that BS, but now when Kale manhandled Golden Frieza in manga, Kale is strong. LSSJ indeed live up to its name.

What's give?
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-20, 09:42   Link #417
GDB

Without having read the chapter yet, and as such not having an opinion on how it's shown for her trashing Frieza, the big difference is that the manga set her up since her introduction as insanely powerful without needing a transformation. Right from the get-go, without powering up in any way, she managed to get one over on SSJ Cabba.

So really, the manga version is like accepting Frieza's power boost from Resurrection F.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-20, 10:04   Link #418
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

U6 saiyans are being handled better in thr Manga for sure. Relationship beteeen her and caulifla are 100x better. Just hope Caulifla calms Kale by "Wow Kale your so awesome!" Instead of lovey sis stufdf.
Old 2018-06-20, 10:54   Link #419
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I doubt the manga will have Kefla for a simple reason: nobody was aware of Kale's true power (unless stated otherwise in the chapter), so no reason to give the potaras to her and Caulifla.
Old 2018-06-20, 12:41   Link #420
Slayerx

The Tournament in the manga has been a real downgrade form the anime. Where as the anime might have dragged on too long in some parts, the manga is just rushing through everything way too fast. So far, the U6 saiyans are the only ones I feel the manga has been doing a better job with. Though its subtle it does feel like a bit more thought has gone into their characters... Jury is still out on Jiren; still have to wait and see how that plays out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I doubt the manga will have Kefla for a simple reason: nobody was aware of Kale's true power (unless stated otherwise in the chapter), so no reason to give the potaras to her and Caulifla.
Well not necessarily. Champa could have given the Potaras to Caulifla and Cabba, and Cabba, who is aware that Kale seemed to be hiding her true potential, could have decided to gives his earing to her instead.

Tags
donkan mc