AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-06-22, 20:23   Link #241
Wandering Soul

This was a fun series and it's nice to see that the series end where it all began. That timeskip is a real tease since I want to see what happened to all the other characters in addition to Mao's reunion with Hina and Anzu.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Anyone else notice how one of the images in Nitta's flashbacks of Hina was of Anzu?
Can't blame a guy for blissfully remembering what were easier times.
Old 2018-06-23, 04:51   Link #242
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-23, 12:22   Link #243
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

The official website has a lot of image here

http://hina-matsuri.net/products/

Still, the DVDs and BR are still not finished
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-23, 13:44   Link #244
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

lol that ikura cocktail
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-23, 20:07   Link #245
grecefar

Well that time skip hurt since we don't get to see what was coming, I would have love to see hina, anzu and hitomi time skip.

8/10 this serie, really good comedy.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-23, 22:52   Link #246
Psyco Diver

This was one of those series I thought was going to be stupid but turned into one of the funnest animes I've seen in a while, just some great dead pan humor. I hope they make a second season but I doubt it
Psyco Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-24, 18:47   Link #247
4th Dimension

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
Suspect three years on Hitomi is running that bar.
Your aim is too low. (technically a spoiler although I'm pretty sure it happens pre time skip)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinematics View Post
So, overall:

28 chapters adapted, plus 2 omake skits.

The Mao episode was chapter 47, the first post-timeskip chapter. So 27 out of 46 chapters adapted pre-timeskip, leaving 19 chapters (and a fair number of omakes) unadapted.

If they'd gone for two cour, they probably could have gotten all 46 chapters done in 18 to 20 episodes, depending on how many omakes they scattered around. They then could have gotten a dozen chapters or so into the post-timeskip period, if they went for about 24 total episodes, but I don't know that that would have been a very good stopping point.

Anyway, despite missing a couple chapters I really wish they could have gotten to, I have no complaints about any of the ones they did do. They did an excellent job throughout. I just hope someday we'll get more.
I've read the manga now, at least I got past the time skip. And while I'd like to see more of the chapters adapted, because there are some gems there that were missed, I think the chapters they chose were the ones that moved things the most so the show had a pace. Quite a few of those chapters are kinda one note. Great ones, but they are mostly setup fro later things. Like Hitomi's English study expedition (she REALLY is fluent in a slang of English now.

Then again the show did skip the kidnapping episode which is quite important for why outsiders think Nita is some dangerous monster.

Also I kinda dig how seamlessly they spliced the "Aniki" getting out of jail and naming of the heir together even though those didn't happen that close to each other. The big buhaha in the "Aniki" gets out of Jail was a setup for another character who seems to have been adapted out. But in his place they slid the whole heir plot and I while watching noticed nothing wrong.

But yeah, there was quite a few of episodes or arcs which don't really matter for the long running of the plot. Like for example Mika comming to live with Nita, so if we got this quality in exchange for not animating some things I'd like to see, I'm happy.

But yeah it's shame that this is unlikely to get a second season and is more of an commercial for the manga.

Join Midchilda Discord server - a Nanoha community server
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-24, 19:24   Link #248
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Dimension View Post
But yeah it's shame that this is unlikely to get a second season and is more of an commercial for the manga.
I think it is technically impossible for the producers to announce a second season until the current (read as "OH MY GOD") arc in the manga ends and when it ends, see if the mangaka managed to land standing
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-24, 19:44   Link #249
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Why judge now if there can be a second season? I mean, the DVDs still haven't been released.
Old 2018-06-24, 20:07   Link #250
Magewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
Why judge now if there can be a second season? I mean, the DVDs still haven't been released.
The pre-sale numbers are crap. Which can be wrong sometimes but not that often. It is listing way below where it should be as the best comedy of the season.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-24, 20:29   Link #251
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
Stalker is almost never that wrong. It's going to post very weak sales numbers, almost assuredly. Unless there was some kind of planned split cour, a second season is very unlikely.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-24, 22:02   Link #252
Applehell

This was easily one of best shows this season if not an outright personal AOTS for me which is rare for comedy to achieve. It's a messy cast of egos, absurdities and sweetness which never failed to make laugh week in and out. I really hope we get a sequel to this someday, especially with that ending which is just bait as far as I'm concerned.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-25, 00:13   Link #253
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

I've forgotten about the first scene in the first episode, then suddenly remembered it when that fight scene was shown again
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-27, 18:32   Link #254
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

A farewell from the anime studio

https://twitter.com/feel_feel/status...87952595005441
Old 2018-06-27, 20:01   Link #255
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

.feel has had a great 18 months. They're doing some terrific work - primarily with comedy, but not exclusively.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-29, 19:44   Link #256
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I can hear that keychain saying "Feed me"

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/int...chains/.133224
Old 2018-06-30, 17:33   Link #257
grecefar

Anyone reading the manga?, should I start from the begining or an specific chapter?
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-30, 17:45   Link #258
Nivek von Beldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
Anyone reading the manga?, should I start from the begining or an specific chapter?
Start from scrath, some skipped chapter were ultra funny
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-01, 03:58   Link #259
4th Dimension

Yeah. Start from scratch. Anime only adapts about half the chapters in the time period it covers. And pretty much any Hinamatsuri chapter is fun.

Join Midchilda Discord server - a Nanoha community server
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-04, 04:29   Link #260
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

I binge watched this and it was great. Very funny and the humor reminded me of Gintama's style - wacky and deadpan with bits of 'feels' thrown in occasionally.

The very beginning parts in China totally had me fooled. I was expecting some kind of showdown towards the end.
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy (actually funny), esper, yakuza