AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

View Poll Results: Lucky Star - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 69 48.25%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 53 37.06%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 10.49%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 2.10%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.40%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.70%
Voters: 143. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-13, 23:00   Link #101
shinku no kage
:Still Yayoi's Onii~chan:

The first ep. to get a 10/10 out of me...and I've only seen 2/3 of the ep!!!

The strength of Miyuki-san's concertration, Tsukasa's txt obsession (K'mon!! You LIVE with Kagamin!! Atleast put the cell down at home Tsukasa-chan!!), Shopping at Anim*te!! (=w=)

...SLEEP OVER AT KONA-CHAN'S house!! But watch out for Soujiro-sensei!! He went straight to the Miko topic. (^W^)

Konata's room...wait, isnt that my room!? LOL

*edited*

JUST watched the dinner scene!! Konata cooking!!

(TwT) *claps for Izumi-sensei* GOOD FOR YOU~!!! YOU LUCKY SOB!!

...than the Hiiragi sisters' hair style switch...MOE~~~~!!! (^W^)/

...Photo album. (TwT)

I love how they stopped the scene for a sec and "high lighted" the three girls when Konata mentioned anime, manga chars look younger than they actually are. LOL

Last edited by shinku no kage; 2007-06-13 at 23:11.
Old 2007-06-13, 23:16   Link #102
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Cat Lim View Post
What about shortened term like kohejjiko? With the suffix at the end to denote a ?
That's kinda hard to say...
Maybe shorten it to 'kohejji' instead?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrinus View Post
Too bad this isn't 2ch or something, or this would probably be lexicon in the making...
Heh, no kidding. I'm tempted to pop over there and replicate this conversation to see if I can make it happen.
Old 2007-06-13, 23:29   Link #103
lftwgr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Cat Lim View Post
What about shortened term like kohejjiko? With the suffix at the end to denote a girl?
Wait, you mean there are male tsundere? Kohejji sounds great btw, but the addition of 'hog' might make the term more err... universally understood.
Old 2007-06-13, 23:36   Link #104
shinku no kage
:Still Yayoi's Onii~chan:

Aaaahhh...finally finished ep.10

(=w=) Kyo~chan. LOL, all those nicknames...Kagami-sama~~!! Konata really called her that. That probably inspired a few hundred, thousands of otakus to create a doujinshi or a short manga. (=w=)

...Seba..Shiraishi FINALLY said something non-stupid. *claps*

And what better way to end a perfect ep than Kagami's singing!?
Old 2007-06-14, 00:00   Link #105
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

My heart was captured by Kagami singing and spiraling into flames
Old 2007-06-14, 00:06   Link #106
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
All baby animals are classified with the prefix 'ko' (子), so in this case, 'kohejjihoggu' (子ヘッジホッグ).
Using the foreign version of 'hedgehog' kind of strangles the term. I'd vote for harinekko or something like that

(Also, isn't the 子 used as a suffix? Oh, if only I had time to grab my Pani Poni Dash DVD...)

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
Old 2007-06-14, 00:45   Link #107
Meophist

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
Using the foreign version of 'hedgehog' kind of strangles the term. I'd vote for harinekko or something like that

(Also, isn't the 子 used as a suffix? Oh, if only I had time to grab my Pani Poni Dash DVD...)
That kinda sounds like needle cat to me.

In any case, I beleive "ko" is a prefix, as used in the words koneko and koinu(kitten and puppy).
Old 2007-06-14, 00:45   Link #108
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
... Okay, I think you win. I vote for harinekko since it sounds good and isn't a weird mix of Japanese and Japlish.

Quote:
Not in this context. 子猫, 子犬, etc. The 'ko' you're thinking of is probably the 'kko' in 'meganekko' and the newly coined 'harinekko;' the kanji escapes me at the moment.
Old 2007-06-14, 00:52   Link #109
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

I'd totally use "harinekko". Now we just need to spread the word...

New signature to commemorate the occasion.
Old 2007-06-14, 01:01   Link #110
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrinus View Post
I'd totally use "harinekko". Now we just need to spread the word...
Indeed.
*Sprints off to 2chan*
Old 2007-06-14, 01:13   Link #111
lftwgr

I don't speak Japanese, but the supposed native word for hedgehog is harinezumi or 'needle mouse / rat'. Wouldn't it be technically incorrect to use harinekko or 'needle cat'?
Old 2007-06-14, 01:19   Link #112
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by lftwgr View Post
I don't speak Japanese, but the supposed native word for hedgehog is harinezumi or 'needle mouse / rat'. Wouldn't it be technically incorrect to use harinekko or 'needle cat'?
"neko" (ねこ) means cat. "nekko" (ねっこ) is just adding "child" to the end of "harine".

At least, I hope that's right. It's been a while since I took Japanese in high school, as foreign language is my worst subject, so I didn't even bother pursuing it in college...
Old 2007-06-14, 01:21   Link #113
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

*Returns panting*
You know what? Never mind. I'd forgotten how much of a mess that place is. I can't even find the Lucky Star thread. Maybe I'm not doing it right...

Edit:
@Mirrinus: The kanji for the 'kko' in 'meganekko' is 娘 (daughter). 針鼠娘 is 'harinezumikko.'
Actually, I may have found a problem: The kanji divides as hari nezumi, meaning 'harinekko' splits in the wrong place. We could put it in kana, I guess, but I think it would leave native speakers scratching their heads. 'Harikko' would be simply 'needle girl,' which I don't think would work, either. Hmm... what to do...
Old 2007-06-14, 01:28   Link #114
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

And then just think of all the showering you'd have to do afterwards .... ewwww
Old 2007-06-14, 01:29   Link #115
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lftwgr View Post
Wait, you mean there are male tsundere? Kohejji sounds great btw, but the addition of 'hog' might make the term more err... universally understood.
Jun Sakurada from Rozen Maiden should count.
Old 2007-06-14, 01:38   Link #116
lftwgr

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy View Post
*Returns panting*
You know what? Never mind. I'd forgotten how much of a mess that place is. I can't even find the Lucky Star thread. Maybe I'm not doing it right...
Well, as Kagami notes, they aren't speaking Japanese but hardcore otaku lingo.... you tried your best anyway

Quote:
Jun Sakurada from Rozen Maiden should count.
I haven't seen the show, but it's interesting to know.
Old 2007-06-14, 05:27   Link #117
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

This episode was brilliant. Brilliant I say!

Everything just seemed to hit in this episode. Hell, even Lucky Channel was funny, with Shiraishi's rant about the lost meaning of tsundere (something which I actually agree with him on). The only thing I didn't like was the over-the-top "action" sequence in the nerd store. They just sort of built it up and up, and then it fizzed with an anti-climactic punch line. But, other than that, every other joke was outstanding. And I actually got them all! Thank you!

I totally relate with Konata's dad having a job completely unrelated to his hobby. I think if my hobby was related to my job or vise versa, I'd die of suffocation.

Two great episodes in a row. Maybe this show is turning itself around. Or maybe I'm finally learning how to appreciate Lucky Star (not a first with anime comedy for me... it took me about ten episodes before I "got" School Rumble as well).
Old 2007-06-14, 06:28   Link #118
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

This was a great episode...a perfect 10 for me!
Everything was funny and the timing for the jokes was well done...but the one scene that really stuck out in this episode was when Konata visited the Anime store...wow it turned into a movie kind of animation in just that one scene...nice going Kyoto animations!!

This was rare for me, but this episode's Lucky channel was funny also!
I've been finding the lucky channel segments to be rather average in telling its jokes, but this one really did the job!

Been watching Lucky star on the side along with Hayate no Gotoku! and Nanoha StrikerS...can't wait for the next episode of Lucky star!
Old 2007-06-14, 06:48   Link #119
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
Actually, I may have found a problem: The kanji divides as hari nezumi, meaning 'harinekko' splits in the wrong place. We could put it in kana, I guess, but I think it would leave native speakers scratching their heads. 'Harikko' would be simply 'needle girl,' which I don't think would work, either. Hmm... what to do...
You know Japanese people... they love abbreviating stuff .

Quote:
In any case, I beleive "ko" is a prefix, as used in the words koneko and koinu(kitten and puppy).
You're right on that one, though I certainly remember the rich girl from PPD (can't remember her name) who had a lot of different animals, and the name of each one was just the name of the animal species + ko. And I'm almost 100% sure that the 'ko' went at the end.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
Old 2007-06-14, 08:04   Link #120
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
You know Japanese people... they love abbreviating stuff .
Indeed, but there's a proper way to do it, of which I have an ephemeral grasp at best.

Quote:
You're right on that one, though I certainly remember the rich from PPD (can't remember her name) who had a lot of different animals, and the name of each one was just the name of the animal species + ko. And I'm almost 100% sure that the 'ko' went at the end.
Names are different. 子 is a common suffix for female names. She wasn't naming her giraffe "baby giraffe," but rather "giraffe-ko." An English equivalent might be "Giraffella" or something.
Closed Thread