AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2017-03-09, 05:48   Link #1
OH&S
Partying in the States
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Sydney, Australia
Age: 27
Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 18

Release Date: May 10th, 2017

>After rescuing the isolated Fran, Tsuchimikado has barged in. However, Aleister will never let them get away. While the magic, Karma, attacks Kamijou and the others, they march into the stronghold known as the Windowless Building!

Looks like things are finally starting. Time to break into the Windowless Building!!




MOD EDIT:
This is a thread to speculate about developments in Volume 18 of the Index NT Light Novels. Please use the appropriate thread if you want to discuss things that have already happened in released volumes.

Please stay on-topic.
  • No shipping talk
  • No pointless chatter
  • No posting raws or novel illustrations
  • No posting translations of the novels themselves
  • No asking about when translations will be done
  • No posts only to update people about translation status (or to just say that something's "out")
  • No posts only to thank translators (please us PM or VM instead)

If you want to discuss a related topic, please feel free to request another thread be created about that topic.

Off-topic posting/shipping/"shitposting" = BAN
__________________
WSJ Rankings Interactive Charts | 2015-2016 | 2017

For the 1st time in years; watching 6+ anime in 1 season.
AXIS OF AWESOME! Too much awesomeness in a single signature pic!

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2017-03-13 at 02:22.
OH&S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-16, 14:07   Link #2
vixyw
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Brazil
Oh, it's open already. Great.
Let's start with this: if this arc is the fight against Aleister, then is he going to fight alone? Since Noukan is dead and Yuutsu is out of the game for a while (and probably won't follow Aleister's orders anymore), he has no allies anymore. It's like playing chess with just the king, AND YET he's a menace. lol
vixyw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-16, 14:17   Link #3
BladeMancer
TheBladeThatRivesDivinity
 
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: My House
Aleister has a big keikaku
__________________
Rage is like a blade.
Constant use will make it dull and weaken; it's user lacking purpose and aim. Thus comes the saying that the ire of the calm, kind and gentle forges with a mighty fire; a fierce blade, to cleave the one who beckoned their vengeance
BladeMancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-16, 14:19   Link #4
Gundam Meister
Setsuna F Seiei
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Age: 27
You know i wonder which characters will defeat the entire Kihara family i mean if Alesister is defeated the Kihara Family will spread out of Academy City because they will no longer be confined to it so i believed that the Kihara family should be dealt with before defeating Aleister
__________________
<a href="http://www.crunchyroll.com/user/lino211/photos/4302873959"><img src="http://img3.ak.crunchyroll.com/i/spire1/46f43f33d4d533d8cbf83a731497f2131263231751_medium.  jpg"/></a>
Gundam Meister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-16, 14:22   Link #5
vixyw
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Brazil
How many Kiharas are left anyway?
vixyw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-16, 14:27   Link #6
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Earth-2
Quote:
Originally Posted by vixyw View Post
How many Kiharas are left anyway?
We're still at the tip of the iceberg of them. In addition to that, not even half of the ones mentioned in NT4 have appeared yet.
Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-16, 14:32   Link #7
Loremaster
He who writes too much.
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: United Kingdom
Age: 26
There is no doubt in my mind that this raid is nothing but a trap and somebody is going to die. Or at least wounded beyond repair.
Loremaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-16, 18:02   Link #8
DragonXX
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loremaster View Post
There is no doubt in my mind that this raid is nothing but a trap and somebody is going to die. Or at least wounded beyond repair.
I do not care if it a trap or not but just seeing inside Crowley's Fortress is something that bet forshadow back in NT5 that could change everything in this series specially which this line a "great mystery of Academy City and possibly of the entire world" could be inside it and don't forget how something was inviting Touma and Thor into the building back in NT5 even if they don't know what it was. Maybe Thor will come back now that they are going into the Windowless building. To be honest most likey this book will be getting into the Windowless building and there be another book which them inside the Windowless Building. That if they get in, in the first place because sometime the summarys of the book are big lie like NT7.
DragonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-17, 06:07   Link #9
KiharaRonin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Academy City (In the Darkness)
-I predict we'll learn some Academy City's dark side in this Volume. Touma willl learn about Crowley and even possibly interact with him.
-I have this bad feeling Tsuchimikado may die.
-Fran's love for Kamisato will be exploited and who knows, Kamisato could be used against Fran, just as Tsuchimikado feared his sister would be used in NT7.
-I think Windowless Building, regardless if this raid is a trap or if Crowley is healing there, will be either self destructed or launched to space. When the Dragon's fortress is compromised, he breathes fire on his ship to exterminate his intruding enemies. The very fact someone has entered it is dangerous for hiding his secret from AC. Launching it into space would ensure no one learns anything and his enemies will be gone.
-More of Laura in this volume. She'll probably learn about the raid and put some plan into action.
-Probably less comedy this time.
-Between the Lines will reveal more about Aleister's past.
KiharaRonin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-17, 07:27   Link #10
vixyw
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Brazil
Now that I think about it, the plot could take a lot of different turns depending on if Tsuchimikado and Fran managed to contact Laura.
vixyw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-17, 08:17   Link #11
Tiken
Supreme Coconut Edgelord
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
I wouldn't count out the Kiharas just yet. There is still that vague hint that Academy City is able to clone dead scientists at the push of a button, and who is to say that all of the original seven Kiharas are actually dead. Therestina Lifeline is still alive, and she's one of them, (that is if Kamachi plans on revisiting old manga plot points) so I'm going to assume she's not the only one.

Also, I have the odd feeling that Aleister's karma magic and Touma's bad luck are interconnected somehow. D.R.A.G.O.N is still an unknown, but I have my guesses that we haven't seen the last of Aiwass by a long shot.
Tiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-17, 09:09   Link #12
The One Above God
Kamijou
 
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: I'm Everywhere
If Touma actually talks with Aleister or maybe even Aiwass this volume, then that would be great.
__________________

"I'll destroy that illusion!"
The One Above God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-17, 09:21   Link #13
Loremaster
He who writes too much.
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: United Kingdom
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonXX View Post
I do not care if it a trap or not but just seeing inside Crowley's Fortress is something that bet forshadow back in NT5 that could change everything in this series specially which this line a "great mystery of Academy City and possibly of the entire world" could be inside it and don't forget how something was inviting Touma and Thor into the building back in NT5 even if they don't know what it was. Maybe Thor will come back now that they are going into the Windowless building. To be honest most likey this book will be getting into the Windowless building and there be another book which them inside the Windowless Building. That if they get in, in the first place because sometime the summarys of the book are big lie like NT7.
If this volume spends the entire time just to get into the windowless building. I'll probably just drop this series, because that would be immensely stupid at this point and will feel nothing but a delay.
Loremaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-17, 13:52   Link #14
KiharaRonin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Academy City (In the Darkness)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loremaster View Post
If this volume spends the entire time just to get into the windowless building. I'll probably just drop this series, because that would be immensely stupid at this point and will feel nothing but a delay.
Getting into the Windowles Building isn't easy.
KiharaRonin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-17, 14:02   Link #15
vixyw
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Brazil
First of all, they need a good reason to break into there in the first place. I mean, almost everyone has a good reason to punch Aleister in the face, they just don't know it yet.
vixyw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-17, 14:16   Link #16
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Earth-2
Quote:
Originally Posted by vixyw View Post
First of all, they need a good reason to break into there in the first place. I mean, almost everyone has a good reason to punch Aleister in the face, they just don't know it yet.
Isn't it pretty obvious for Tsuchimikado and Fran? They're being hunted by him, and Touma is going to be their shield. They're probably betting on something being in there to help them.
Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-17, 14:32   Link #17
vixyw
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Brazil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seafoam View Post
Isn't it pretty obvious for Tsuchimikado and Fran? They're being hunted by him, and Touma is going to be their shield. They're probably betting on something being in there to help them.
Yeah, for them it is. I'm wondering about how Touma and the others (whoever they are) are going to get involved. Tsuchimikado is not the kind of guy to simply go and ask for help out of his own initiative.
vixyw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-17, 15:12   Link #18
Loremaster
He who writes too much.
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: United Kingdom
Age: 26
I honestly don't think Tsuchimikado will lead a raid on the windowless building without able to get into the building. But that would be it if they just make this entire NT about getting in. That's not a raid that's banging on the wall. Just like the length of this series' plot a banging headache.

But putting that aside I do imagine after attacking Misaka, Aleister is going on the offensive against Touma and the others maybe trying to finish the job as he didn't actually kill the Railgun. To which Tuschimkado takes advantage with the raid, but I still feel someone is going to die.

Last edited by Loremaster; 2017-03-17 at 15:45.
Loremaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-17, 16:17   Link #19
DragonXX
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loremaster View Post
I honestly don't think Tsuchimikado will lead a raid on the windowless building without able to get into the building. But that would be it if they just make this entire NT about getting in. That's not a raid that's banging on the wall. Just like the length of this series' plot a banging headache.

But putting that aside I do imagine after attacking Misaka, Aleister is going on the offensive against Touma and the others maybe trying to finish the job as he didn't actually kill the Railgun. To which Tuschimkado takes advantage with the raid, but I still feel someone is going to die.
I can see a book just to get in because I can't see them getting in the same way they did in the past which out Crowley doing something to make should that doesn't happen again. So not what they did in NT5 or the underground path from NT16 and because of Touma no teleporting will work and Fran and Tuschimkado is using Touma to keep themself some what safe. I don't think that Tuschimkado had any plan of getting in the building because I think his attack on Crowley just kind of happen no plan before hand after he get think of Crowley lies of keeping his sister safe.
DragonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-18, 11:25   Link #20
KiharaRonin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Academy City (In the Darkness)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonXX View Post
I can see a book just to get in because I can't see them getting in the same way they did in the past which out Crowley doing something to make should that doesn't happen again. So not what they did in NT5 or the underground path from NT16 and because of Touma no teleporting will work and Fran and Tuschimkado is using Touma to keep themself some what safe. I don't think that Tuschimkado had any plan of getting in the building because I think his attack on Crowley just kind of happen no plan before hand after he get think of Crowley lies of keeping his sister safe.
Tsuchimikado always has a plan.

Aleister won't go easy on them just because he doesn't want to hurt Touma. However, I do believe he'll try to separate Fran and Tsuchimikado from Touma in order to deal with his most major enemies. The group will have a harder time with the raid if they don't hide behind Touma. So Aleister's best bet is separation or isolation. That's what I think he'll do to stop the raid.
KiharaRonin is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:05.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.