AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2012-02-29, 13:42   Link #21
Extremesonic101

Squid Girl absolutely needs a season 3, that anime lightened my day everytime I watched an episode.

lol at no Seikon no Qwaser 3 that show ended with such a tease but it doesn't have the love for a 3rd season since half of season 2 was trolling :P
Extremesonic101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 14:19   Link #22
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I vote for an entire calendar year free of all sequels.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 14:25   Link #23
Student no.0
Part-time Warrior

Location: First star to the left, you should go there sometime.
When it comes to Angel Beats! I'd perfer if they make an anime based on the Heaven's Door manga than a sequel. A third season of Working!! has all of my want. Wouldn't mind if they make a continuation for the REBORN! anime sometime in the future, but I'm not really enjoying the series as much as I used to tbh.
Student no.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 16:54   Link #24
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

As a Haruhi fan, I can only hope that Kadokawa and Kyoto Animation see this poll, and see that the demand for more Haruhi anime is strong and that they probably should with their ususual marketing practice for the franchise, somehow get the word out that they are in the midst of "Haruhi intrigues" or that they got a "blizzard of requests" for it.

The stuff after Disappearance is certainly awesome and even if they can't get around to the 9th through 11 novels which would make for a absolutely fantastic movie or TV season, they could certainly get 12 episodes out of the rest of novels 5 and 6 and the whole of 7(and do novel 7[Intrigues] as a movie and those other stories as OVAs).

As someone who enjoyed all of the anime to Full Metal Panic, it's encouraging that people still want more of that series. I suppose Kadokawa may want to consider seeing if White Fox or PA Works has a freer schedule than KyoAni.

KyoAni is due for another TBS/Pony Canyon project probably around the end of this year(if not the Fall). Key has been making some hints that they want Little Busters to be animated by KyoAni, and for the past two years, KyoAni has done a movie in addition to one or two TV series. One wonders if the next TBS/Pony Canyon project they do is Key's Planetarian as a movie(since it would be likely too short for a TV series).

And I think it's possible that the people who want a Clannad sequel are looking for a Fuuko After.
AbZeroNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 17:10   Link #25
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Maybe these are the Anime sequels most wanted because the people know there's a snowball chance that they'll actually get them
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 17:34   Link #26
Kameruka
Hen-Tie

School Days and Yosuga no Sora, what the f*ck?!

As for School Days, its pretty obvious people wants to see even worse ending

Spoiler:
Kameruka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 18:23   Link #27
abc0716

Most of the series on the poll (AB, Toradora, HanaIro...) don't really need a sequel, in my opinion.

However, I do very agree with some series (FMP, Minami-ke, SZS, Spice & Wolf....) on the poll, these series should really need a sequel instead (regardless what's the format they use (in case does), 12-26 eps TV series, OVA, movie....)

I think Arakawa is eventually has a sequel series, maybe on the time they finish making the Meguca movies.
abc0716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 18:24   Link #28
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Nice to hear from FMP! fans around here.

Personally for now, I'd like to see a sequel to Yakushiji Ryoko (With manga/novel adaptations please), GITS SAC (I remember that the team could possibly get back to do a 3rd GIG or something), FMP TSR and maybe Coyote Ragtime Show...

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 21:36   Link #29
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
Coyote Ragtime Show...
Holy shi...totally forgot about that show, been forever since I saw but didn't it end on a decent note?
Altho pretty sure I recall wanting to see more so maybe it didn't end on a more conclusive ending.

Well FMP def needs another sequel, it's the one series that really needs one and the one I want the most.
Criminal that they don't go another further with the series.

On the note about Toradora, rather a sequel I'd like to see another series/remake that has the Ami-chan route.
I like the Taiga route but I just love the Ami-chan route so much more and would love to see a anime series go that way instead.

Few others to note would be Kaze no Stigma and Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt
Old 2012-02-29, 23:36   Link #30
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Holy shi...totally forgot about that show, been forever since I saw but didn't it end on a decent note?
Altho pretty sure I recall wanting to see more so maybe it didn't end on a more conclusive ending.
Well yeah, but the survival of some of the 12 sisters does scream sort of sequel IMO.

But in the manga, things are different since
Spoiler for spoiler from manga:

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2012-03-01, 08:49   Link #31
wontaek

Sequels are what you need when there are much original material that hasn't been covered by anime series or if there are many unresolved questions and situations that characters that survived the ending of the series needs to address. Something like Full Metal Panic, Fruits Basket, and Uchuu no Stellvia clearly falls into these category.

There are series that ended where it should be, good example being Tora Dora. Sure Toradora can use some OVA specials to further embellish what is there, but those specials will mostly be short episode, not some grand plot that will require 10+episodes of TVA. I guess I would say these are series that deserves some "Add-ons" but not a full sequel.

Then there are those that needs supplementary materials, like full blown grand scale Visual Novel. SOLA is the best example for this. TVA had its shortcomings, but given the situation at the beginning, I doubt it is possible to improve upon it significantly with a remake, sequel, or prequel. It is better to create large scale Visual Novel about it where the player can explore various endings, and perhaps also get the prequel materials as a background.

Finally there are series that just needs to be completely remade, as there are so much potential in the characters and initial setup that just wasn't adequately explored in the anime series. Angel Beats probably is the best example for this, as it has so much problems despite having so many lovable characters and enjoyable possibilities given the setting. That series doesn't need sequel, prequel, or side stories, it needs full fledged 20+episode TVA remake. I think people should differentiate the need for remake from need for sequels, as in case of Angel Beats, there isn't much left to build a sequel upon.
Old 2012-03-01, 10:45   Link #32
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Sequels for Haruhi and Full Metal Panic (give me my Die Hard on a boat parody dang it!)

Remake for Chrome Shelled Regios

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 16:16   Link #33
Gamer_2k4
Anime Cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiSoda View Post
Angel Beats - This needs a 2-cour remake, not a sequel. Time constraint was its biggest issue as the whole series was a train-wreck and needs to be remade from scratch.
This. It had so much potential, and fell so flat. I just want to see it done right.

I'd also like to see more episodes for Haruhi, not because I think the later plotting is so great (it isn't), but because I just want to see the characters in action again. There's something about the anime that's completely missing from the books, and I just can't get enough of it.
Old 2012-03-01, 21:50   Link #34
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I vote for an entire calendar year free of all sequels.
I would only agree with you if that's possible.

But so far, haven't heard this happening yet.

Old 2012-03-02, 02:51   Link #35
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
Sequels for Haruhi and Full Metal Panic (give me my Die Hard on a boat parody dang it!)

Remake for Chrome Shelled Regios
A lot of sequels people want are kinda limited by the source material.
Obviously titles that's on a "waiting status" like 12 Kingdoms and the Seikai series (crest of the stars, etc) can't really do much since source material is incomplete.
Then there's titles that ended prematurely. Like highschool Kimengumi on that list.... Manga ended like 20+ years ago with an abrupt "this whole story was a deam" ending has no chance of returning

Full Metal Panic though, concluded its run last year.
So your chance of seeing the rest animated is fairly good.

Also, to others, like I said.... Take this poll with a bucket of salt.
The poll demogrphic is rediculously small, some of the votes are in double or even single digits.

Its more like a "poll results on a moderately popular website" level.
Not at all reflective of general anime fans.

If the poll base was increased a hundred times, I bet you'd be seeing a lot more Slam Dunks and Giant Robos and Nadesicos
Old 2012-03-02, 07:03   Link #36
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tag1981 View Post
Where the hell is BERSERK??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
berserk will have movies it will span to a decade according to sources the first movie has already finish airing -> http://myanimelist.net/anime/10218/B...Haou_no_Tamago
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-02, 07:17   Link #37
Soliloquy
絶対領域に嵌り過ぎた。

If anything Skip Beat should be on that list. I probably would like more sequels to lesser known slice of life shows like Petopeto san and Manabi Straight since both shows ended very loosely. I'm sure they could think of more materials.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-07, 21:49   Link #38
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post

Also, to others, like I said.... Take this poll with a bucket of salt.
The poll demogrphic is rediculously small, some of the votes are in double or even single digits.

Its more like a "poll results on a moderately popular website" level.
Not at all reflective of general anime fans.

If the poll base was increased a hundred times, I bet you'd be seeing a lot more Slam Dunks and Giant Robos and Nadesicos
I would agree with you on the poll though. If it were done by another website/group in Japan, then the results would be higher.

Otherwise, I still stick by my earlier decision...

Old 2012-03-10, 02:08   Link #39
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

As much as I loved Toradora!, a sequel makes no sense. The series had about all the closure you could ask for in any anime series. School Days... what the hell? Don't get off the boat?

I have to agree with several posters that some of our "fellow fans" (the ones that voted in this poll at least) have no clue on what material would make for a good sequel.

6 Oreimo (True Route) (151)
There's the last half of the series... I'd say once the last volume is published - that worked well with Toradora!
22 Otome Yōkai Zakuro (67)
Maybe... not if it were just more 'monster of the week'. It would have to have major resolution with the relationships (sad or happy).
31 Hidamari Sketch (41)
<shrug> there's another pack of segments to animate - wouldn't object
13 Bunny Drop (63)
I'd actually be interested in a latter half sequel - certainly it would be a very different story (controversial)
5 K-ON!! (102)
Despite being a fan - I would have said NO .... BUT I'm finding the University Years manga to be more interesting than expected. I'd like to see a true university setting series. If K-On! does it, maybe we'd see more of that setting in other series (I always liked H&C if only for that).
Old 2012-03-10, 03:58   Link #40
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

I really want Seikon no Qwaser to get a movie sequel with a proper ending rather than giving a season 3.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote