AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Little Busters

Notices

View Poll Results: Little Busters - Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 20 14.08%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 29 20.42%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 35 24.65%
7 out of 10 : Good 32 22.54%
6 out of 10 : Average 10 7.04%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 2.82%
4 out of 10 : Poor 7 4.93%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.70%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 2.82%
Voters: 142. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-10-06, 16:05   Link #21
Ceral
はりゃほれうまうーっ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Although I have seen the OP before and was pretty surprised that the anime used the exact same song.
OP is a remixed version. (Maybe in the wrong thread but there's the original, EX, Credits and the anime version now. Personally I prefer the EX version.)
Old 2012-10-06, 17:10   Link #22
DasDingus
Dango Daikaizoku

After watching real video of the first episode rather than a stream I've significantly softened my stance on the animation. I still have issues with some of the budget-cutting techniques they employed but the parts they did animate aren't really that bad.
Old 2012-10-06, 17:30   Link #23
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Animation is highly acceptable; it's an adaptation from something that never even moved to begin with, so be thankful it doesn't move like "Kill Me Baby" or something like that. I will place one foot into the other side's territory however, and mention that the first episode did have too many slides and cutaways for my liking. I know it won't be a set thing, but still.

Revamped opening and the ending are both fantastic, loved them. Was sucked into Yui Horie's performance that I almost forget she voiced Riki; that seiyuu knows her stuff. Has a touch of Clannad with the pop-up achievement moments, and boy are the characters as lovable as ever. Although I already played the VN, I'm still excited for the entirety of this series.

Here's to its success.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Ah~... Hm? Mm... Well, I can't say it was an impressive episode, but it is a first episode and it did the job of introducing the main characters. I'm sure there will be more happenings as it goes on.
Though since I never did the original source, I can't tell how closely JC is following it. Though one thing I hope is that the big revelation isn't the same type as Clannad and Kanon, considering both were similar and all three were by the same company...

Although I have seen the OP before and was pretty surprised that the anime used the exact same song.
Spoiler for Comparison to the game:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-10-06 at 18:44.
Old 2012-10-06, 17:40   Link #24
Jarppa

This was suprising boring and uninteresting considering all the hype this "franchise" gets.

Oh well Ill give it couple more epiodes to getting more interesting.
Old 2012-10-06, 17:41   Link #25
Dextro
He Without a Title

Ok so I finally watched this and personally I'll go with an painfully average rating for the first episode.
Spoiler for Episode 1 including comparisons to the game:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-10-06 at 18:48. Reason: Added spoiler tags since post include comparisons
Old 2012-10-06, 17:49   Link #26
Syed_Seinaru_Migi

Oh wow.....i quite satisfied about the first episode.......there really make this anime quite close to original one....the OP and the fight between Rin and Sasegawa....the song that play at that time is same with VN game......as Little busters fan i quite satisfied....
Old 2012-10-06, 18:02   Link #27
Arya

uh, well I can't say I liked the episode. I only read few lines of MAL synopsis so I didn't know what the show was about. So probably my question will sound a bit dumb, but is this really a comedy show (with some drama here and there)? And do they really gonna play baseball? I mean, is this the real/overall tone of the show?

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2012-10-06, 18:16   Link #28
Ceral
はりゃほれうまうーっ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
uh, well I can't say I liked the episode. I only read few lines of MAL synopsis so I didn't know what the show was about. So probably my question will sound a bit dumb, but is this really a comedy show (with some drama here and there)? And do they really gonna play baseball?
Well with the amount of hype that Little Busters and Key games get in general, this episode was pretty generic as anime go IMO, with the masterpiece level hype it gets, it's no wonder people will be disappointed, I definitely empathize. Watching anime that is just acceptable is something I'll do when I'm bored, something I've been looking forward to for years should be something special. It's quite obvious high expectations should be toned down.

The show is a mix of comedy and drama, yes. Mostly drama. Baseball is a theme as well. But as the first episode would suggest, Little Busters isn't exactly a sports anime. I.E. If baseball bothers you, don't mind it so much, if you're just here for the baseball, you 'll probably be disappointed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post

On the voices side I have some complains though: while Horie Yui is an amazing actress I can't say that she's the best choice for the part. While she made a great job when Riki was narrating, she was way too "girly" during most of the conversations which was bugging me quite a bit. I'm sure I'll get used to it but it detracts a bit from the show.[/spoiler]
Since there won't be any H scenes, I vote that they just turn Riki into a girl.

Last edited by Ceral; 2012-10-06 at 18:50.
Old 2012-10-06, 18:17   Link #29
halibonga

all that worry about J.C. staff screwing up should be gone by now, 1st ep was decent
Old 2012-10-06, 18:24   Link #30
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by halibonga View Post
all that worry about J.C. staff screwing up should be gone by now, 1st ep was decent
Lol. They want it to be godly cause it's from Key
Old 2012-10-06, 18:30   Link #31
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by halibonga View Post
I've never worried about how they would adapt the start of the game, that content is pretty straightforward. I've always been more worried about how the later content will go, but that's a topic for another thread.

First episode was about as I expected though part of that might be nostalgia for the game which the anime took advantage of mercilessly with the title pop up and the game sounds from the girls fight scene. Anyway I'm staying cautiously optimistic about how this will go, first episode at least guaranteed I'd continue watching.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2012-10-06, 18:47   Link #32
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Just want to remind all VN players that ALL comparisons to the game must be in clearly-marked, properly-labelled spoiler tags. Please review the Spoiler Policy for more information if this isn't clear.
Old 2012-10-06, 18:55   Link #33
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceral View Post
Well with the amount of hype that Little Busters and Key games get in general, this episode was pretty generic as anime go IMO, with the masterpiece level hype it gets, it's no wonder people will be disappointed, I definitely empathize. Watching anime that is just acceptable is something I'll do when I'm bored, something I've been looking forward to for years should be something special. It's quite obvious high expectations should be toned down.

The show is a mix of comedy and drama, yes. Mostly drama. Baseball is a theme as well. But as the first episode would suggest, Little Busters isn't exactly a sports anime. I.E. If baseball bothers you, don't mind it so much, if you're just here for the baseball, you 'll probably be disappointed.
Yep, that are my feelings toward the show after episode one. Generic. And the bold line fits quite perfectly. I asked to be sure, because with all the hype it got I thought I was missing something, but apparently not. Anyways if I have to point something out it is the overall comedic tone that worries me, too much comedy turns down the drama that eventually will come, for me. Oh well, probably simply it's not my cup of tea.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2012-10-06, 19:17   Link #34
Linkark07
Yokoso Gypsy

Well, I still need to see the first episode completely but I liked that Kyosuke's aphorisms appeared. Loved that part, it was so funny.
Old 2012-10-06, 20:18   Link #35
Meltyred

I watched episode 1, and it ended before I realized it.
I feel so sad, cause i need to wait another week...

The sound effects and the BGM was so nostalgic...
Old 2012-10-06, 20:24   Link #36
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

I personally thought the episode was hilarious. Isn't this series being done by the same company that did Clannad?

At least the game makers are the same right?

I haven't played the game but i thought i would have a look at this series because i just love clannad so much. So far i am very satisfied.

I wonder if the whole series is going to be more comedy themed rather than plot themed.

Either way i don't mind. I thought Clannad had a better story. Specially the after story.

Well i guess it's waaay early to judge . It's just the first episode.

But i would give it at least a 9/10 if not 10/10.
Old 2012-10-06, 20:34   Link #37
MogMoogle1
Idol Power!

It was a decent episode. Nothing too interesting, but it seems typical from what I have watch from Kanon(2006) and Clannad. I wasn't particularly impressed with those until after 6 or so episodes in to them, so my guess is that this would probably be about the same for me. Animation is expected to be not KyoAni level, but I thought it was still pretty good... I think... *checks for eye cancer* Yup it's good.

It's alright so far, but if it's anything like the previous Key adaptations I've seen, the good stuff will happen 4-6 episodes in.
Old 2012-10-06, 20:40   Link #38
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Watched the episode out of curiosity. It was good though. I already watched AIR, Kanon, Clannad and Angel Beats. I wonder how will this fare.

This is a baseball anime made by Key. I can see something go horribly wrong given their M.O.
Old 2012-10-06, 20:41   Link #39
flack

Was a bit too fast paced first episode...so I didn't really get sucked into the humour. Felt a bit awkward with them recycling the BGMs too often. And obviously, the animation is of much much lower quality compared to Clannad (I think this hurts the quality of the anime a lot). Opening was good, ending was average...

If it wasn't because the VN was well known and anticipation of this anime, this opening episode is at best average out of all the animes that are debuting.
Old 2012-10-06, 20:43   Link #40
Tenoia
Leaps and Bounds Away

My Yuiko not present in the first episode? 0/10, would not continue watching
Ok, jokes aside, I'll give my actual opinion of the first episode now.

I think we've all discussed the animation enough already, so I'm not going to further comment on it.

Spoiler for Comparison with VN:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-10-06 at 21:21. Reason: Please avoid all comments that hint at future content, behind spoiler tags or not
Closed Thread