AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-12-12, 06:30   Link #61
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Yes, loli looks sad and angry when they said she is not their friend. Need to befriend.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-12, 06:49   Link #62
Marina2

Prediction: chikuwa will be a key item to befriend with loliasuka
Old 2018-12-13, 18:53   Link #63
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Spoiler for Fearless prediction:

That's how I'd write it, anyway.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-17, 10:02   Link #64
Marina2

Ep.12

Firstly,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Prediction: chikuwa will be a key item to befriend with loliasuka
I can't believe I totally nailed it.

That was good final episode. There are many cool scenes and dialogues. I love the moment where Asuka grew her sky-blue wing and comforted Loliasuka. I will admit that I was really annoyed by Asuka 'acting' in the past eps. but this ep. helped me understand her character a lot better. Glad to see her move on from her problem and become more motivated in the end.

The ending is quite inconclusive with the Twilight is still out here and many questions still left unanswered like what really happened to Kyo-chan? but I'm okay with "And...the story of these girls continue on" kind of ending too.

(I like that they implied that Seriouska is still alive rather than showed her up directly.)

Overall, a surprisingly good show with some interesting ideas. Too bad the amount of budget it got is so low. Image if this has the same level of budget as Toaru Index.

Last edited by Marina2; 2018-12-17 at 11:36.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-17, 12:35   Link #65
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
That wasn't bad for an ending. Certainly tackling Asuka's character as a whole and delving into what really made her tick was fine. As much as anything resolving things around her character was important to do before the show finished. And hey kind of redeeming that emissary version of herself was fine.

Although maybe expected from a show that was connected to launching a mobile game...the story isn't resolved. The Twilight is still there and the connection it has to every incarnation of Kyo randomly disappearing...is completely unresolved. One would think a version of him or all the versions of him become the King of Twilight, but we never actually meet that person so who knows.

Is serious Asuka alive? Maybe. Maybe it was the Emissary version that stopped by to grab some miso. We'd have a better idea if they tackled the issue of the kid from her world still being in the fragment of the main cast. If she doesn't come back for that kid then he's literally stealing a life from the version of him that's he's linked to. Maybe all this is figured out in the mobile game. But we're probably never going to find out.

Oh well. All that aside the show was fine. The main cast for much of it had a serious lack of survival instincts and honestly the show took a huge hit losing the presence of Serious Asuka. But it was fine. Some good moments...and they tried with the action scenes. And at least while it didn't resolve much what is going on with the overall setting...at least it resolved Asuka's personal arc.
Old 2018-12-17, 15:26   Link #66
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Image if this has the same level of budget as Toaru Index.
What? Why would I want to imagine it with even lower budget?

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-17, 17:24   Link #67
4th Dimension

I'm assuming that everything that teh loliAsuka did got reversed given that we see the teacher-san who was turned into a noise, and the other one I think got consumed before this episode. Soo they kinda reset most of the damage.

Kinda a cop-out if you ask me.

TBH, I'm not sure how I feel about this. I never truly engaged with the characters. I mean it was fun watching their antics even though they might be a bit much from time to time. So for me the ending wasn't much. I was mostly entertained by the psycho art, although the psychological angle was a bit interesting.
Problem is that the main cast doesn't do much in the finale, which might be a bit of a shame given how much time was dedicated to them, compared to the lolisuka.
And I feel the atmosphere can be odd at times. I think it's contributed to this by the art style. It's kinda flat? With not much shadow or light. Twilighty would be a good description.

I'd say though this is a well done B class anime. It's no Toji no Miko, but it was entertaining enough that I stuck with it.

Join Midchilda Discord server - a Nanoha community server
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-17, 19:00   Link #68
James Rye

I liked this ending, it was positive, showed the deep difference between Lolisuka and MCsuka and I really liked how it ended with us never seeing MCsuka's Twilight Self or who really took a bento full of Miso or what happened/became of Kyo-chan but how he still forms all forms of Asuka to be the ways they were in their fragments. It is an open ending that somehow leaves me happy and satisfied because the world got saved (for now, as we still don't know who the Twilight King truly is), everyone is happy and living their lives, trying to make the best outta it. It's a good ending, better than some other endings I had seen for some animes.
Old 2018-12-18, 06:08   Link #69
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Watched episode 12:

"Come forth, my twilight self!" I really thought that was just meant to be a joke. But a casette really appeared. I guess Asuka talk with her loli self and being able to move on allowed her to become an Equalizer.

Too bad she did not put the casette into an Astral Module, but I guess it's not good to transform for no reason.

Got a little teary eyed when they were talking about Kyo-chan.

Also Mia is the only first year... good thing Asuka was able to bait Mayu into joining.

Seriouska still live, yay!!

From a mediocre start, this is now my favorite anime of the year. OVA please!
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-19, 03:45   Link #70
Lukes YGO & WS on YT
Naracchi & Saracchi

Spoiler for Episode 12 Comments/Feedback & Series Score:
Lukes YGO & WS on YT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-23, 09:18   Link #71
Marina2

Well, I guess it didn't go well
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...ary-31/.141092