AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-02-02, 16:36   Link #221
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I kept thinking "Life would be so much simpler if they'd just let Yano run it".

Other thoughts:
- brave attempt, but I just can't think of any dress - especially the puffy, frilly ones - that'd make Chizu look attractive. I guess I just can't get over her stupid face. She's not fugly or anything, and there's nothing wrong with her body or personality, but she's just plain physically unattractive to me.
- Kent is... infuriating. I can accept his intentions are good. He's misunderstanding the situation, yes, but he's not totally absurd either. Based on his understanding, his advice isn't bad. But he's basing said understanding on rumors and superficial acquaintance. Who is he to presume to speak for Sawako? Even more infuriating: his insistence on Kazehaya not getting angry and giving him a fake smile. People's emotions don't exist for his convenience.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 18:00   Link #222
GreatTeacherKen

Good episode. I liked the way the animators depicted the scene where Chizu realized that she inadvertently said something that hurt Kazehaya with the lighter lighting the fuse at the bottom of the screen.
GreatTeacherKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 18:21   Link #223
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

The dark force is strong with the male Kurumi (Kent).

Poor Kazehaya, getting manipulated like that. I hope he can get out of the mess he's allowed himself to get into. Obviously, Kent is trying to go after Sawako and is trying to get rid of the competition (Kazahaya).

I wonder what does Kurumi know about Kent.
Old 2011-02-02, 20:17   Link #224
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I kept thinking "Life would be so much simpler if they'd just let Yano run it".

Other thoughts:
- brave attempt, but I just can't think of any dress - especially the puffy, frilly ones - that'd make Chizu look attractive. I guess I just can't get over her stupid face. She's not fugly or anything, and there's nothing wrong with her body or personality, but she's just plain physically unattractive to me.
- Kent is... infuriating. I can accept his intentions are good. He's misunderstanding the situation, yes, but he's not totally absurd either. Based on his understanding, his advice isn't bad. But he's basing said understanding on rumors and superficial acquaintance. Who is he to presume to speak for Sawako? Even more infuriating: his insistence on Kazehaya not getting angry and giving him a fake smile. People's emotions don't exist for his convenience.
One could also put it like this: "Life would be so much simpler if there wasn't the psychological aspect o puberty" ... Yano and Chizu already gave up on the idea of an easy solution realizing this can only be solved by the main players.

Really like your analysis of Kent here, calm and objective. I feared people would just blatantly rage at him.

on a side, side note: So freaking hard to write something here when you've already read the manga. I have to cut out so many points from my posts I'd like to make just because knowing the outcome pretty much influences your view on everything else that has happened before as well. Can be frustrating at times but I know it's for the best.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 04:42   Link #225
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Obviously, Kent is trying to go after Sawako and is trying to get rid of the competition (Kazahaya).
I hardly see how that's obvious. It does always have to be for romantic purposes. Kent could just be that kind of guy that wants to help Sawako (the same as Ayane), though just goes about it in his own different way.
Old 2011-02-03, 10:38   Link #226
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I hardly see how that's obvious. It does always have to be for romantic purposes. Kent could just be that kind of guy that wants to help Sawako (the same as Ayane), though just goes about it in his own different way.
Because being a shojo, there has to be a triangle on her side too and guys aren't normally that altruistic.
Old 2011-02-03, 12:42   Link #227
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i hate how there is no forward movement at all. i know this is how the manga is like, (i felt the same way then) but i think they're stretching it out a bit too much.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 13:49   Link #228
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

ARGGGGGGGGGGG!!!

I really do like Kimi ni Todoke, but at the same time I feel like punching out a kitten everything I watch an episode. The development is so painful and slow, why do I continue to subject myself to this? ~_~
Old 2011-02-03, 14:08   Link #229
Avvesione

What would Kimi ni Todoke be if it progressed quickly? I think everyone here wants to see Sawako and Kazehaya together but without any struggles, hardships, over-thinking or misunderstandings, then it's just like every Suddenly Girlfriend anime out there and the romance would be terrible. It's so incredibly hard to find a good romance in anime, so I'm glad Kimi ni Todoke is around since it does it right.

While I'll admit the pacing has been going at a snail's pace, it's not a bad thing because it fits the character's personalities. Sawako is socially fragile and confused, so she couldn't rush through things even if she tried. Kazehaya, on the other hand, could try to speed things up, but he's nervous about the whole thing, too. If others tried to push things through, it'd make things even worse (as was explained by Ayane in this episode). So while the pace may be slow, it's what works for the series.
Old 2011-02-03, 14:18   Link #230
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Because being a shojo, there has to be a triangle on her side too and guys aren't normally that altruistic.
There isn't a triangle in every shoujo title.
Old 2011-02-03, 14:20   Link #231
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
It could be both. He could, unlike Kurumi, be 100% sincere in his analysis. He could still have "ulterior motives". Kazehaya could hardly throw stones at him, there.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-04, 18:03   Link #232
orion

Quote:
There isn't a triangle in every shoujo title.
I doubt this one would survive without the main characters in a triangle. They played Sawaki-Kazehaya-Kurumi to the hilt in first season. Now we have Kent-Sawako-Kazehaya starting in this season.
Old 2011-02-04, 20:03   Link #233
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
I doubt this one would survive without the main characters in a triangle. They played Sawaki-Kazehaya-Kurumi to the hilt in first season. Now we have Kent-Sawako-Kazehaya starting in this season.
A simple rival doesn't make a triangle, the one person in question would have to show at least some romantic interest in a "third" person. Thus Kurumi was just a rival, she never receive3d from Kazahaya that would've qualified her to be part in a triangle.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-04, 23:11   Link #234
antigone

the only thing that this show got going for it right now is the above-average visuals. The characters, on the other hand, feel shallow, while the pacing of the story is sluggish. I can't really say if it's the fault of Production IG or the inherent flaw of the source material. Probably the latter. Something built around misunderstandings as a plot device does not really suit well for me.
antigone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-05, 04:36   Link #235
Avvesione

In addition to the whole Sawako-Kazehaya-Kurumi and Kazehaya-Sawako-Kent situations, there was the Ryu-Chizuru-Toru situation in the first season. I'm interested to see Episode 5 since we get to see the wedding and get some development between Chizu and Ryu.

I'll have to admit, I am more interested in that relationship than the one between Sawako and Kazehaya, just because we haven't seen much of it since the middle half of the first season.
Old 2011-02-05, 23:48   Link #236
king12354

I wouldn't say the plot is built around misunderstandings. These types of problems are very common in regular high school life albeit not always to this degree.
king12354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 09:49   Link #237
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHige View Post
ARGGGGGGGGGGG!!!

I really do like Kimi ni Todoke, but at the same time I feel like punching out a kitten everything I watch an episode. The development is so painful and slow, why do I continue to subject myself to this? ~_~

Who knows? Because you like your weekly dose of "d'awwwwwww", maybe?

I can relate to what you are saying, though.

For me the pace is not so bad - I don't mind slow as long as the story obviously goes somewhere. When it does not feel like it is going somewhere or is just "too slow" is when it drives me up the wall. For myself an example would be "Love Hina"....
Old 2011-02-06, 14:08   Link #238
broken270
Defying gravity

Spoiler:
broken270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 05:41   Link #239
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

So episode 5 Kento has revealed his true intentions and has gone and fucked it all up. Way to go jerkwad.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 06:24   Link #240
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Spoiler for Episode 05:

Tags
coming of age, romance, school life, shoujo