AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-02, 18:06   Link #41
'Pryde
I am better than you

i wonder why caribou wants to join the strawhats so much? I mean he seems pretty strong himself and who knows what his bro can do.

I think his fruit is GLUE
Old 2010-11-02, 18:14   Link #42
Gin
*Artist

He said he wants to kill the Strawhats, not join them. Joining what he thought was the Strawhat crew was just a way for Caribou to get close enough to attack them.
Old 2010-11-02, 18:14   Link #43
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Pryde View Post
I think his fruit is GLUE

Gotta agree~

So Usopp HAS gotten stronger, I mean.... he just beat up both Luffy AND Zoro. THAT NEVER HAPPENS. Sanji needs to...... well, he needs to stop dying. And Kuma..... my god.... Kuma. He died for our sins~

Also, Roger wearing that Strawhat... I didn't see that coming. If Roger gave that hat to Shanks.... who gave it to Luffy..... that would make the hat either One Piece, or the current King of the Pirates~
Old 2010-11-02, 18:20   Link #44
strategos

I feel bad for Sanji. He seriously suffer thru hell just because of Kuma, LOL!

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
Old 2010-11-02, 18:24   Link #45
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
If Roger gave that hat to Shanks.... who gave it to Luffy..... that would make the hat either One Piece, or the current King of the Pirates~
More like Luffy's Straw hat = The Pirate King's crown.
Old 2010-11-02, 18:25   Link #46
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
Also, Roger wearing that Strawhat... I didn't see that coming. If Roger gave that hat to Shanks.... who gave it to Luffy..... that would make the hat either One Piece, or the current King of the Pirates~
Shanks had the hat before Roger became the king. So Luffy will become king after he returns it to Shanks or passes it to someone else.
Old 2010-11-02, 18:29   Link #47
Gin
*Artist

^maybe he can give it to Caribou Then they could be bros.
Old 2010-11-02, 18:39   Link #48
Sprite_Coke

Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
Q: What is a sticky white liquid?
A: Semen.
Old 2010-11-02, 19:02   Link #49
ntherblast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paraden1989 View Post
it would still be funny if we find out that the Straw Hat is One Piece! Plus the Straw Hat is a fitting crow for the past and future pirate king!
I think the treasure will be the crew members themselves
Old 2010-11-02, 19:14   Link #50
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I almost thought that Luffy will be able to fight underwater by having him have some sort of new technology (presumably by Franky because he learnt all some sort of Vegapunk's technology), but oh well

I wonder if they're going to fight underwater at the next chapter...or perhaps some sort of negotiation in the next chapter and the fight will be the next ? Boy, they sure took a long time just to run away from Sabaody

Old 2010-11-02, 20:39   Link #51
Slayerx

I gotta say that i thought it was a little much to give Roger the strawhat.... it was enough that Luffy was supposed to have some qualities similar to roger, but the strawhat just seems a bit cheesy...

Though i did like the whole thing with Kuma... looked really bad ass seeing the condition he was in after 2 years of protecting the ship.

So i'm kinda of guessing that Caribou is gonna be the next Bellemy... his bounty seems a bit too low for him to be big bad material;not to mention Luffy couldn't even handle a pasifista back when he was a 300 million bounty head, and now he can take em' out in no time
Old 2010-11-02, 22:03   Link #52
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Does anyone really has a doubt about this?
There can be no two of the same fruit.

I wonder why Luffy's not using Haki?

@Slayerx: Yeah... Caribou probably knows that, so he'll try an indirect route (be his crewmate and chop him off afterwards).
Old 2010-11-02, 22:09   Link #53
Bari_Phillis
It's a.... BEAM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
So i'm kinda of guessing that Caribou is gonna be the next Bellemy... his bounty seems a bit too low for him to be big bad material;not to mention Luffy couldn't even handle a pasifista back when he was a 300 million bounty head, and now he can take em' out in no time
He doesn't necessarily have to be another Bellemy, although he doesn't seem like the type of person, he may have been laying low. He might not have done anything special other than kill people (210,000,000 is just for violence), but this does not dismiss the fact that he still has a bounty above 100,000,000. It's safe to say that anyone with this kind of a number is very strong.

This being said, I don't think Luffy will actually deal with him directly (cause he could trash him imo). I think we will get to see the crew (Usopp, who knows!) in action. If they are unable to hit the logia, Luffy might step in and Haki the shit out of him.
Old 2010-11-02, 22:10   Link #54
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
I gotta say that i thought it was a little much to give Roger the strawhat.... it was enough that Luffy was supposed to have some qualities similar to roger, but the strawhat just seems a bit cheesy...

Though i did like the whole thing with Kuma... looked really bad ass seeing the condition he was in after 2 years of protecting the ship.

It is a good idea actually but the design of Roger is just too much like Luffy really Luffy isn't even his actual son, but this does connect the Will of D more and explain how all D's are connected
Old 2010-11-02, 23:32   Link #55
noktown

I don't see why everyone's making a big deal out of the straw hat,it was actually a good choice,especially since Shanks said that "he made a bet on the next generation" when he was talking to Whitebeard.

By pointing that out Oda wants us to see how much Shanks believes in Luffy/respects him,considering that it should be so precious to him.
Old 2010-11-02, 23:50   Link #56
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
I choked at Sanji's deadpan expression as he asked Nami to explain to them the details of the coating before either of the two crazies did something retarded.
Old 2010-11-02, 23:50   Link #57
raziel16

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Caribous probably a mud man.
It probably mud, but whatever it is, if he only count on his logia ability, then he'll be just a guinea pig for the strawhats to show their new powers.

Then again, most logia user have pretty much easy life since they can win every battle without any effort, so I doubt Caribou have anything else beside being a logia.

On side note, I found Sanji's new weakness pretty annoying (he should be 1 of the best fighters in the group). I gotta admit though, that Sanji and Robin got the hardest experience during the time skip. Don't know what's with Oda, but he seems enjoy putting Robin in torture chamber or having someone beating her while she can't resist.

^it's showed in the anime, the guards in country of labor caught her and beat her up.

About Franky, I know why he's bald now: so he can stand in the background, pressing his nose, and showing various funny hairstyle. Good addition to his trademark "star" pose
Old 2010-11-02, 23:51   Link #58
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Roger turning out to look like Luffy might be a bit much, but really it's not that much of a surprise. We've heard several times that Luffy is like Roger from people who knew him, and this is just an extension of it.
Old 2010-11-02, 23:54   Link #59
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by raziel16 View Post
About Franky, I know why he's bald now: so he can stand in the background, pressing his nose, and showing various funny hairstyle. Good addition to his trademark "star" pose
That was one of my favorite parts of this chapter, at first I thought Franky was picking his nose.
Old 2010-11-03, 00:35   Link #60
Sprite_Coke

Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
Quote:
Originally Posted by secretzfan View Post
It is a good idea actually but the design of Roger is just too much like Luffy really Luffy isn't even his actual son, but this does connect the Will of D more and explain how all D's are connected
Careful there, that's rather a bold claim. You forget Blackbeard and that giant marine Saul from Robin's past.

Tags
weekly chapter discussion