AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-11-18, 00:17   Link #1161
Wrath88
Kissing...

Being the only excellent player among my friends discourages them from ever wanting to play it. Haiz...
Old 2009-11-19, 11:22   Link #1162
Never Knows Best
Monochrome Like A Panda.

Send a message via AIM to Never Knows Best Send a message via MSN to Never Knows Best Send a message via Yahoo to Never Knows Best
Lol then go find your smash scene. That's what I did. I thought I was hot crap at smash beating my friends all the time. Then I finally entered the tournament scene and understood how serious smash is =D

I am lucky that I live in Maryland because I am so close to VA/NJ/NY where Brawl's best smashers are.

Never Knows Best is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-19, 20:28   Link #1163
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
I am lucky that I live in Maryland because I am so close to VA/NJ/NY where Brawl's best smashers are.
Actually I live in CA
Old 2009-11-19, 20:43   Link #1164
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never Knows Best View Post
Lol then go find your smash scene. That's what I did. I thought I was hot crap at smash beating my friends all the time. Then I finally entered the tournament scene and understood how serious smash is =D

Smash Bros. is serious business.

I remember some T.V. special about video games, and smash (the GCN one) was covered and it was about a 18yr old kid in NY who brings his own controller to tournaments. The way he talks about it was serious business lol
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-19, 20:49   Link #1165
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i thought bringing your own controller was standard at most tournaments. especially since its a console game. if its an arcade game, then i can understand not bringing one (unless you play on a console and have your own stick)

anywho, my random flame: play a game with lifebars.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 12:14   Link #1166
Never Knows Best
Monochrome Like A Panda.

Send a message via AIM to Never Knows Best Send a message via MSN to Never Knows Best Send a message via Yahoo to Never Knows Best
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
Actually I live in CA
Call actually had a pretty good smash scene. But east coast > west coast at smash =3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Smash Bros. is serious business.

I remember some T.V. special about video games, and smash (the GCN one) was covered and it was about a 18yr old kid in NY who brings his own controller to tournaments. The way he talks about it was serious business lol
Lol that was the interview of KillaOR on MTV's True Life: I'm a Professional Gamer. He has unfortunately retired from professional smash and plays WoW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
i thought bringing your own controller was standard at most tournaments. especially since its a console game. if its an arcade game, then i can understand not bringing one (unless you play on a console and have your own stick)

anywho, my random flame: play a game with lifebars.
Lol it is pretty standard. However it isn't in some cases. Lol Chu Dat NEVER brings a controller to tourneys anymore, and always shows up late lol. Last tourney I had to give Chu my spare controller because he didn't have one. lol.

I also play BlazBlue and Dead or Alive 4.

But smash is the game for me.

Old 2009-11-24, 12:26   Link #1167
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath88 View Post
Being the only excellent player among my friends discourages them from ever wanting to play it. Haiz...
Same with me. Since I always played with my younger brothers I was better than my friends. So it gets boring after a while when I play them. lol.
Old 2009-11-24, 13:03   Link #1168
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

too bad online sucks cuz of lag, and people picking cheap characters and spamming cheap moves
Old 2009-11-24, 14:09   Link #1169
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
too bad online sucks cuz of lag, and people picking cheap characters and spamming cheap moves
Lol. They're only cheap if you're too noobish to develop strategies to counter them.

Besides, the movesets in Brawl are a lot less exploitable than in Melee. For instance, I used to be a huge Marth user (and in Brawl I still am, though I prefer Ike) because of his sword-point attacks. Captain Falcon also has a ton of exploitable moves, mostly the front-knee aerial.

For the record, a lot of these old moves don't work in the same way anymore, or have been balanced. There are a few exploitable movesets, but for the most part the game is a lot more balanced than the previous Melee. The huge varieties of characters mean that even if someone like to, for instance, spam missiles with Samus, there's 5 characters that can counteract projectile-type attacks (Fox, Falco, Wolf, Ness, and Lucas).
Old 2009-11-24, 22:05   Link #1170
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Lol. They're only cheap if you're too noobish to develop strategies to counter them.
I like how you assume I suck by saying that but yea those tactics don't work well when theres a second late reaction time =\

Mean while the 1-2second delay doesnt matter when spamming one move like Ike's up B

and I agree to everyone that says Ike is OP, not (wtf u suck for using him OP) just super powerful

and I miss Mew two and Fox/falco's down grab + Reflector combo.

oh and I don't think Samus's missles can be ABSORBED by Ness and Lucas
Old 2009-12-03, 10:36   Link #1171
Never Knows Best
Monochrome Like A Panda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post

Besides, the movesets in Brawl are a lot less exploitable than in Melee. For instance, I used to be a huge Marth user (and in Brawl I still am, though I prefer Ike) because of his sword-point attacks. Captain Falcon also has a ton of exploitable moves, mostly the front-knee aerial.

For the record, a lot of these old moves don't work in the same way anymore, or have been balanced. There are a few exploitable movesets, but for the most part the game is a lot more balanced than the previous Melee. The huge varieties of characters mean that even if someone like to, for instance, spam missiles with Samus, there's 5 characters that can counteract projectile-type attacks (Fox, Falco, Wolf, Ness, and Lucas).
What do you mean by exploitable moves?

Most all strategies in Melee DO NOT work in brawl. Everyone camps. The only characters with approaches are like Snake and MK. Essentially everyone else needs to camp and punish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
I like how you assume I suck by saying that but yea those tactics don't work well when theres a second late reaction time =\

Mean while the 1-2second delay doesnt matter when spamming one move like Ike's up B

and I agree to everyone that says Ike is OP, not (wtf u suck for using him OP) just super powerful

and I miss Mew two and Fox/falco's down grab + Reflector combo.

oh and I don't think Samus's missles can be ABSORBED by Ness and Lucas
Brawl is a very spammy/campy game. It can't be help. But I love it.

Fox and Falco's down throw to shine doesn't really work in Melee. You can tech it easily.

Also, Brawl Samus' don't really use missles to spam. They use Zairs. So much more effect and a better spacing tool.

Old 2010-08-08, 23:30   Link #1172
Kai Hiwatari

So, anyone here still play brawl
If so, im looking for some competition.
3824-1268-3898 Thats my brawl code
Kai Hiwatari is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crossover, nintendo