AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-05-20, 02:40   Link #401
blewin

wow, this show is full of gems! The last part of episode 7 really brings out something we all seek - to live lives that reflect ourselves. Ric's question of what is common sense really hammers the point home. Now I'm worried he'll get dragged back into the horrible life he had before by his co-workers. He's been learning so much since living under this bridge!

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-20, 05:10   Link #402
brocko

Yea i couldn't really believe it myself either. I mean Arakawa. With plot progression?! Blasphemy!

And Hoshi never ceases to amaze me, he'll get that student fucker one day. One day. You'll see. That student fucker!!

P-Ko fawning and going all oogly gaga over the Mayor only to break down moments before schooling Ric really was a treat to watch

Note to self, don't mess with Sister. Chances are you're going to get shot. Even if it was by accident

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-20, 07:24   Link #403
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Hilarious 'Mind Blown' moment from Ric there.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-20, 07:37   Link #404
blewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocko View Post
Yea i couldn't really believe it myself either. I mean Arakawa. With plot progression?! Blasphemy!
haha. that's what makes it extra addictive!

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-20, 07:59   Link #405
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

lol, Stella is gangster. XD and P-ko.
now Kou is out of his mind!
ninryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-20, 10:56   Link #406
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Venus to Jesus - Hoshi version

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=livuwR69oRY
Old 2010-05-20, 22:44   Link #407
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Wow, what an enjoyable episode. Personally, I think it's the best episode so far. Usually I find some 'chapters' too weird to be funny, but all the jokes here hit for me and I can't feel the time running out.

I thought the previous episode's Nino smiling while wearing school swimsuit was sweetness overload, but this one tops it. She may not be all that right in the head, but she's an amazing, supportive girlfriend. Kou/Ric, you lucky, lucky bastard.

Stellar performance by Stella's VA, and that must be one scary and dangerous orphanage back then...I adore P-ko as well, that idiotic Kappa doesn't deserve a girl that cute. Especially the art at the end of the episode - I don't usually like vegetables, but I'll gladly eat that one up, heh heh.

But really, what amazes me the most is that between all the humor there's actually great substance in it. It's refreshing to see Nino-Kou's romantic relationship, it's been a while since I've seen a dating relationship in anime (too many will they-won't they) and it's really sweet to see them. The mind-blowing revelation in the end is also quite good, and fits with the theme of the episode (and perhaps the show too) - do you really need to have common sense to enjoy your life? Can't wait for the next ep.
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-21, 00:01   Link #408
SageGaiGar
You are Next

I think I need a gangster Stella avatar now, brilliant.

And Hoshi doesn't quite succeed with his comeback, yet I still laughed myself silly.
Old 2010-05-21, 08:01   Link #409
Forsaken_Infinity

Pretty cool episode, yes.
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-22, 03:48   Link #410
slayer
essense

Send a message via MSN to slayer
I hope i'm not the only person in saying this or thinking this but, the opening segments of the show has some pretty deep stuff.. O_O i kinda like it and enjoy the perspective it sometimes gives.
slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-22, 06:42   Link #411
Sol Falling

lol no way man, you're not alone. I might even go so far as to say that those are my favourite parts about this series, though that is not in any way meant to imply that the regular story/comedy isn't epically enjoyable.

Anyway, episode 8's conclusion as well: P-ko's speech about common sense vs. being yourself was pretty damn meaningful as well. I wonder if this gives the entire series a whole new paradigm though, or only the Mayor and P-ko's characters themselves. The way P-ko puts it, it kinda seems like the Mayor is consciously rejecting common sense and choosing to live as a kappa as an expression of happiness and his own self. Is he really that inspirational? Alternatively, there is also the question here in that P-ko seems explicitly to be able to understand common sense, at least insofar as it is an oppressive force by others, which for the moment might make her unique or an anomaly in comparison to all the other bridge denizens we've been getting familiar with.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-22, 08:19   Link #412
karinvampire
Ka Ra Ku Ri

love the full version of Venus to Jesus.
karinvampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-22, 08:46   Link #413
HirakuNoShadow
Sakasama Bridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by karinvampire View Post
love the full version of Venus to Jesus.
Amen to that. Now waiting for full version of Sakasama Bridge D: Another month...
HirakuNoShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-22, 14:30   Link #414
JRendell
Manga Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HirakuNoShadow View Post
Amen to that. Now waiting for full version of Sakasama Bridge D: Another month...
Ditto, Sakasama is currently at 90 odd on playcount

Also, randomly ended up with a Hosi signature while playing on PS earlier, freebie if anyone wants it;

JRendell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-22, 16:26   Link #415
Pocky Yoshi
Disabled By Request

The series is awkwardly funny. Loving it though.
Pocky Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-22, 22:37   Link #416
brocko

Oh what? Another month away, that means I got the release dates of Venus2Jesus and Sakasama Bridge mixed up! Zetsubou Shita!! ><

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Venus to Jesus - Hoshi version

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=livuwR69oRY
Bwahaha, i love it! Shaft needs to use this version as the OP in at least one of the episodes, preferably one with a lot of Hoshi in it hahah

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
Old 2010-05-23, 02:10   Link #417
Pocky Yoshi
Disabled By Request

I want more himo himo himo himo!
Pocky Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-23, 04:27   Link #418
brocko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
lol no way man, you're not alone. I might even go so far as to say that those are my favourite parts about this series, though that is not in any way meant to imply that the regular story/comedy isn't epically enjoyable.

Anyway, episode 8's conclusion as well: P-ko's speech about common sense vs. being yourself was pretty damn meaningful as well. I wonder if this gives the entire series a whole new paradigm though, or only the Mayor and P-ko's characters themselves. The way P-ko puts it, it kinda seems like the Mayor is consciously rejecting common sense and choosing to live as a kappa as an expression of happiness and his own self. Is he really that inspirational? Alternatively, there is also the question here in that P-ko seems explicitly to be able to understand common sense, at least insofar as it is an oppressive force by others, which for the moment might make her unique or an anomaly in comparison to all the other bridge denizens we've been getting familiar with.
Despite being the life threatening klutz that she is along with an arguably "unhealthy" obsession for the Mayor, P-Ko definitely seems to be the most normal or "in tune" with the rest of society out of the bunch apart from Ric (but even he's starting to lose it too lol ). A truly rare phenomenon for one living under the Arakawa bridge

Old 2010-05-23, 05:59   Link #419
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

No I'd say Maria probably the one with the most common sense. Her only problem is that she's a major asshole.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-23, 07:54   Link #420
Francismeunier
Banned

Thumbs up Episode 6

Well I was not too active around this series but I can safely say that this episode was fantastic just having Nino in a swimsuit and I mean this=>

but more this on the perverted side=>
Spoiler:
Of course a nice breast form but that's only worth pointing out because Nino was not seen like this until this episode=>
Spoiler:
Another thing is I like more Piko although Nino is still #1 until Piko was introduced and BTW great Rec VS Hoshi part.....Rec sure got him good in the music field. Also +1 for Rec teaching swimming. Easy 10/10!
Francismeunier is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, romance, seinen, shaft