AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Steins;Gate

Notices

View Poll Results: Steins;Gate - Episode 16 Rating
Perfect 10 53 54.08%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 28.57%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 12.24%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 2.04%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.04%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.02%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-07-19, 21:47   Link #61
karuroso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
Actually there are, I think, (speculation) two answer for what happened :

Mayuri is not safe and will die after.
Mayuri is safe but because of that, Kurisu is dead (killed at the beggining). That's why we don't see her in the end of this episode. She's dead.
You may be right, if we pay attention to the scene when Okarin went back to the lab after the D-mail, the earphone that`s used for the time leap wasn`t there and of course Kurisu absence, that also means if Mayuri dies he will only be able to try using D-mails to prevent the whole mess now
Old 2011-07-19, 22:01   Link #62
Raiga
tl;dr

Man I teared up a bit this episode. Suzuha... ;_; so touching at first, and then so tragic later...

I didn't pay close attention but didn't Mr. Braun call her Suzu-san rather than using her surname most of the time? Or perhaps she only mostly forgot who she was but the name stuck or something. Not uncommon in fiction.
Old 2011-07-19, 22:28   Link #63
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
One of the best episodes. I was really touched by Suzuha's story and how much she went through. Really well done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet2k4 View Post
With the speculation going on a few episode back about Daru possibly being Suzuha father kinda ruined it for me.
I really agree here I'm not reading anymore speculations now.
Old 2011-07-19, 22:51   Link #64
tomtkp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riga92 View Post
As the anime seems to be aiming for the true end of the VN, episode 16 just passed Suzuha's ending in the VN so this should be safe to post. Here's a video of Suzuha's end, fully translated, if anyone's interested how it goes down.

Spoiler for Suzuha's Ending Summary:
I think Suzuha's end is one of my favourite endings for me.I don't know about the other character endings as I only knew the whole story through the video translation version of the visual novel (recorded version)in Mandarin,however it contained Suzuha's end by mistake.I watched through it and felt mixed emotions in my heart.This end is really good and I would really like to recommend this to everyone.Please watch it if you have finished episode 16.
Old 2011-07-19, 23:12   Link #65
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

I don't see how our speculation could've "ruined" the experience for you. They placed so many obvious hints that it makes you think the author intended for the reader/viewer to have some sort of understanding that Daru would be her father. If anything, I was almost a little bit skeptical of what I had observed simply because they had placed all these facts and hints on a silver platter. It was "too good to be true," or so I thought. Either way, it didn't ruin the experience as that's how it was intended to be conveyed...in my opinion at least.
Old 2011-07-19, 23:16   Link #66
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

There are many things people overlook in animes most of the time. That's what I think got them, also with the paranoa going around with visual novel players secretly spoiling people by covering it up as speculations and such.
Old 2011-07-19, 23:19   Link #67
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Well, other than some shaky foundations to the basis of time travel, it was a good episode.

Some notes:
  • Kurisu isn't in the lab at the end.
  • No headphones etc at the computer, which combined with Kurisu not being in the lab has me wondering just how much things may have changed on the Kurisu front. I keep thinking about how Suzahu knows of Kurisu as this SERN person. There was always two ways that happens. 1) Kurisu ends up with SERN in the future. 2) Time is changed in such a way that Kurisu ends up with SERN instead of with the Future Lab. I wonder which one the story ends up following.
  • I wonder what the D-mail was that Okarin sent, and how far back he sent it.
  • Suzahu seems to be stuck with the same fate like Mayuri, in that she's destined to die in 2000.
  • Apparently you don't have to reach full divergence to change someone's fate since they're still quite a ways away from reaching 1, yet Mayuri seems to have lived past her inevitable time of death.
  • Now we know how John Titor was posting in 2000.

A question:
  • Shouldn't Mr. Braun have been a bit surprised to have a part time worker that looked so similar to the Suzahu who took care of him over 10 years earlier? Not to mention the same bike? Or such a similar name? :/

Final random thoughts:
  • With 8? episodes left and the divergence meter not even at 0.5 yet, I'm assuming shit is going to really start hitting the fan soon in order to close that gap by the end of the series.
  • I wonder if we ever find out who Suzahu's mother was. I'm gonna go with Feyris-chan, just because that's probably Daru's dream girl. And, she's thin. :/

Edit: Actual, for real, last thoughts:
  • What I found strange is that when Okarin sends a d-mail to the past, time shifts, and he's the only one who remembers the previous timeline. When Suzahu travels back in the time machine, this didn't happen. It makes me wonder if it's even possible to change the past as a normal time traveler or if you have to be someone like Okarin.
  • If it turns out that Mayuri is safe, is Okarin gonna start all this up again to try to change Suzahu's fate? Probably not, I'm assuming, since I think we only have enough time left (8? episodes) for him to try to wrest the future from SERN's hands.
  • Lastly, if SERN wasn't charging their building, is it because they only decided to act when they made headphone-time machine? More evidence that it was never made, making one continue to wonder what the state of Kurisu is in this new timeline.
Old 2011-07-19, 23:31   Link #68
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
Shouldn't Mr. Braun have been a bit surprised to have a part time worker that looked so similar to the Suzahu who took care of him over 10 years earlier? Not to mention the same bike? Or such a similar name? :/
Well, he knew her when she was 19 (Daru said she would be 54 in 2010, subtract the 35 year difference from then to 1975, you get 19) as the part time worker. He knew her adult form in her late 30's-early 40's. Furthermore, it wouldn't be weird at all that she had a similar first name. It'd be like getting suspicious because your next door neighbor is named "Jon", and your co-worker is named "John".

Quote:
With 8? episodes left and the divergence meter not even at 0.5 yet, I'm assuming shit is going to really start hitting the fan soon in order to close that gap by the end of the series.
The number goes up and down. If I recall, it was at around 0.7 in the first episode.

Quote:
What I found strange is that when Okarin sends a d-mail to the past, time shifts, and he's the only one who remembers the previous timeline. When Suzahu travels back in the time machine, this didn't happen. It makes me wonder if it's even possible to change the past as a normal time traveler or if you have to be someone like Okarin.
She got amnesia on that trip, so she didn't end up changing anything, hence no shift. She didn't get amnesia when she went to 2010, so it should be possible to change the future with it.
Old 2011-07-20, 00:35   Link #69
EroKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
A question:

Shouldn't Mr. Braun have been a bit surprised to have a part time worker that looked so similar to the Suzahu who took care of him over 10 years earlier? Not to mention the same bike? Or such a similar name? :/
Since she went back to the past the whole present was changed so I doubt Braun met Suzuha as his part time worker.

Mayuri: "All the time we remember spending with Suzu-san won't have happened."

So I doubt anyone knows her except for Okabe and Braun.
Old 2011-07-20, 00:49   Link #70
Riga92
The Spear of Destiny

Episode 17 preview is up!

Looks like its gonna focus on Feyris.
Old 2011-07-20, 01:07   Link #71
GuiBleh

When I ended watching this episode, I couldn't stop thinking: WHERE THE HELL IS MY LOVELY KURISU? T_T
Old 2011-07-20, 02:06   Link #72
Zodiamaster

It was one hell of an episode, I loved it, just fantastic.

It had the most emotive moments so far in the series, it was awesome.

Spoiler for Spoiler:
Old 2011-07-20, 02:28   Link #73
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
It was a spectacular episode, and not seeing Mayuri dead for now gives for a nice change of pace or does it?

So right now, Okabe's either going to have to experience her dying, or constantly live in fear of her dying. That kind of crap sucks. Meanwhile, Suzuha just ends up knowing too much and wondering where she went wrong. Is it ok to undo everything here if it will help accomplish their goals?

It's like an endless maze and an endless wave of emotions. So many highs and lows, but will this all be for nothing?

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-07-20, 03:13   Link #74
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Great, great ep. But not seeing Makise at the end is very significant, if I were a betting man. And that's just a guess, don't worry.
Old 2011-07-20, 03:18   Link #75
Ekureiru
神さま、ありがとう!
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Ekureiru Send a message via MSN to Ekureiru
Seeing that preview, I could swear some kind of shocking relation is coming for us with Feyris. Watch all of our worst fears come true, and they tell us that Feyris is actually, indeed, the mother.

The lack of Kurisu in this episode, and no lines for anything, depressed me. Why :<

Ekureiru - An entity commonly recognized by many as being on par with gods.
Last.fm | MyAnimeList | Pettanko Fansubs | Now with a degree in Yanderekology.
Old 2011-07-20, 04:34   Link #76
Gohan78
Awakened One

Okabe's D-mail was something like this (taken from 4chan):

"Cancel pursuit. Last mail was SERN's trap".

He probably sent it a few minutes after receiving the previous D-mail that asked him to follow Suzuha. The consequence was that Suzuha went to the offline meeting, missed Daru and went back to 1975.
So far so good but I have a problem with Suzuha still calling herself "Hashida Suzu" in the 0.4% worldline. She shouldn't know that Daru is her father. Blooper?
(De Vermis Mysteriis)
Old 2011-07-20, 05:15   Link #77
Qikz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan78 View Post
Okabe's D-mail was something like this (taken from 4chan):

"Cancel pursuit. Last mail was SERN's trap".

He probably sent it a few minutes after receiving the previous D-mail that asked him to follow Suzuha. The consequence was that Suzuha went to the offline meeting, missed Daru and went back to 1975.
So far so good but I have a problem with Suzuha still calling herself "Hashida Suzu" in the 0.4% worldline. She shouldn't know that Daru is her father. Blooper?

I think in that timeline Okabe would have remembered himself and told her. That's why she knows.

When Okabe wakes up after the D-Mail, he asks where Suzuha is and I think it was Daru says that she already left.
Old 2011-07-20, 05:21   Link #78
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
She said she lost the memories of her voyage from before she knew okabe. During that 1 year she still met Daru, her father, and knew she searched for him and such. But she lost all the other memories from her time period.
That's not what she said, and that doesn't make sense anyway. If she remembered Okabe and the others, she should have known she traveled through time and to had to search for an IBN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
Yeah, the more I think about it, the more it seems they botched it up. It could be easily explained that she might have remembered bits and pieces of her memory and pieced together her name from it. But having both times Mr. Braun refer to Suzuha as Hashida Suzu is really a bit hard to swallow.
That, on the other hand, makes sense. However...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan78 View Post
This. After thinking it over a bit more, I realized the problem is even bigger in the 0.4% worldline since she never even met her father there. I'm aware I'm nipticking, but I like when everything in a series make sense, even the tiniest details. It makes a difference to me.
Old 2011-07-20, 06:11   Link #79
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Oh my god where's kurisu?!?
Old 2011-07-20, 06:24   Link #80
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

Finally Mayushii understood what we all knew.

Just when you thought it couldn't get more depressing - shit Got Worse. Happy ending looks so far now...
I'll forever remember you, Suzuha!
Closed Thread