AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-03-16, 00:12   Link #381
Cyclone
Transient Guest

Since you asked...
Took me some time to get most of it into one place. Still missed a few minor things... a key chain (Teresa), and Clare necklace I use instead of fuzzy dice in my car...

Spoiler for size:

Sorry for the delay - both my computers died within a day of each other. I'm still in disaster recovery mode.
Old 2011-03-18, 17:43   Link #382
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Oooh dōjinshis ah I mean...That's a very cool Claymore replica.
Old 2011-03-20, 12:56   Link #383
Nidhogg

Nice stuff, I have a few Claymore items, mostly the manga and anime, I just picked up Claymore Memorabilia by Norihiro Yagi himself. It's full of his artworks and much of it involves naked boobied claymores with very big swords.
I found it at Kinokuniya bookstore in Little Tokyo, and I went around putting dollars in every Japanese Tsunami relief collection box I saw, good for my karma.
Old 2011-05-15, 10:06   Link #384
Cyclone
Transient Guest

Hmm. Looks like I just won a second Teresa figurine (so much cheaper than the first).
Might just re-sell it on ebay... any interest?
Old 2011-07-04, 17:29   Link #385
Jimi

Nice collection!...i just need the DVDs and the art book, i saw the art book at the Anime Expo on Friday, it was at the price of 75 bucks, i decided to wait and buy some other art books instead, i only had 100 bucks lol.
Old 2011-10-21, 13:36   Link #386
Prinnydood
Madness Through Sound

Wonder if my post will ever get approved -___-

Actually.. one sec..

edit

What do you guys think? It's bootleg for sure, but it looks pretty nice ... ordered one a bit ago and it's supposed to arrive 15-20 days from now according to the seller.

Also... has anyone checked out Ebay? Tempted to buy this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Claymore-min...item4aaf3491f9

I bought the individual one for Jean. Kind of odd how that's the only one that they're selling individually

There might be some authentic Megahouse ones up on there too, but I think the ones made by JOLLY Yetiart look alot better. The workmanship and quality of the paint and pieces are probably better as well and I'd pick one of those up over a Megahouse "official" one any day. They're about the same price too if not cheaper.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Clare-Claymo...item1c1c93855c

Course the ones made directly by Yetiart are nothing short of amazing and it's honestly like a work of art lol, but the price for them is insane..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Clare-Claymo...item3f01aeefc8

Last edited by Prinnydood; 2011-11-11 at 02:04.
Old 2011-10-29, 19:48   Link #387
Prinnydood
Madness Through Sound

Update on the bootleg one that I bought. Bootleg? Yeah you bet lol. The paint sucks and it's really fragile so you gotta be careful. Also when I set it up.. it wasn't completely straight so I had to spend some time softly bending and like moving things around to like force it into place. The pieces break off really easily too. Like the feet both broke off while I was trying to bend it into place. Nothing some super glue didn't fix, but the superglue effects the paint and like messes it up so I put too much super glue on one spot and it got on some other spots on the back of the figure and it changed the color of it.

I don't like the look of the eyes either. They were sloppy for sure. Also you might want to buy one of those super thin sharpie permanent markers to fill in the black outlines on the armor if you want because that's pretty bad too. Her hair is too different shades of light blonde though from the front part to the back part. The base where the Claymore logo is colored in red looks pretty bad too.

Anyways.. besides all that..... it's not completely HORRIBLE.. lol.. and you know what they say.. you get what you pay for like $55 free shipping instead of like $170.
Old 2011-12-18, 12:59   Link #388
BeansRocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinnydood View Post
Update on the bootleg one that I bought. Bootleg? Yeah you bet lol. The paint sucks and it's really fragile so you gotta be careful. Also when I set it up.. it wasn't completely straight so I had to spend some time softly bending and like moving things around to like force it into place. The pieces break off really easily too. Like the feet both broke off while I was trying to bend it into place. Nothing some super glue didn't fix, but the superglue effects the paint and like messes it up so I put too much super glue on one spot and it got on some other spots on the back of the figure and it changed the color of it.

I don't like the look of the eyes either. They were sloppy for sure. Also you might want to buy one of those super thin sharpie permanent markers to fill in the black outlines on the armor if you want because that's pretty bad too. Her hair is too different shades of light blonde though from the front part to the back part. The base where the Claymore logo is colored in red looks pretty bad too.

Anyways.. besides all that..... it's not completely HORRIBLE.. lol.. and you know what they say.. you get what you pay for like $55 free shipping instead of like $170.
I got one of those bootleg Clare's a few months back, and you really do get what you pay for. The paint is terrible and the figure itself doesn't stand up very well at all. I'm thinking of having a go at repainting it myself, and if I screw it up it's no big deal. I would like a better quality one so I've been considering either a Jolly figure like the one you posted previously, or perhaps this one. The thing is that there are so many Clares out there for sale right now, and I don't think there's a big enough demand to support the prices people are asking for considering the supply. I must have looked at 30 of them ranging from $160 to $250 in the last few weeks and none of them appear to be selling.
Old 2011-12-25, 21:24   Link #389
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

I bought these off of Amazon before Christmas and i thought that they were relevant to this thread
The Flash on my camera is a little bit strange so some of the pictures have spots on them.
Spoiler for size:

It was around $10 for both of them together. I thought it was a good deal and i am happy that i bought them

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-12-25, 21:29   Link #390
MisterJB
Warden of the West

They should make a Destroyer Keychain. I'd buy that in a second.