AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2012-08-20, 05:36   Link #21
anigu
Game maker

Can't remember much. But I think I got a lot dreams involves me got chased around.
anigu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-20, 06:28   Link #22
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
A few years ago I read that getting into the habit of writing down your dreams upon waking up strengthens dream recall. About one year ago I stopped remembering my dreams for a period of a few months, so I started a "dream journal." I don't know if it was the journal or a change in life circumstances, but I began to recall my dreams with increasing frequency. It's gotten to the point where I rarely record my dreams anymore, only writing down those that seem to have special significance or invoked strong feelings.
I do something similar. If it's a particularly good dream, I keep thinking about it and then write it on my diary after eating breakfast. There's one time, I woke up in the middle of the night (approximately 11 pm) and wrote a dream on the diary before going to back to sleep, because it's a good one.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-21, 10:40   Link #23
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post
I live in Gensokyo alongside Remilia.

Seriously.
Same....only I was Flandre's playmate...lolz
Old 2012-08-22, 05:36   Link #24
kkrizki00

hmm the last dream i remember maybe my dream last night it is about i playing virtual reality of prototype 2 maybe because i complete it yesterday
kkrizki00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 12:32   Link #25
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Dreamt I was talking to an army sergeant after he dismissed his group.

Then somehow he feels drowsy, and in the middle of that a few terrorist wannabes, I suppose, approached and pointed a blowgun point-blank to the too-sleepy-to-care-who's-in-front sergeant, and to me as well.

I was about to disarm them when I woke up.

I also have dreamt about being chased by white boas. According to my local superstition, getting chased by snakes is a sign that someone's crushing on you. But superstition is going to stay a superstition.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 12:49   Link #26
csuree
The Most Hated™

well in my life i had several dreams that are still in my memory but the most strange one was actually a series of nightmares.....

one night i dreamt of an apocalyptic world run over by Aliens and i fought them off with some friends from school and college, the fight escalates.. we manage to escape into the wildernes where we settle down.... then i woke up......

a few nights later this nightmare continues......as the aliens infect 1 member and infiltrate....now the details from this are still not clear but somehow we end up going to mexico to an aztek pyramid......second nightmare ends

and after 1 month the continuation finally arrives.......at the pyramid the aliens have grown large so we have to use construction vehicles and guerilla tactics but after and arduous fight we manage to exterminate them .......

so i had a trilogy like nightmare on different days....

fun.. isn't it?
Old 2012-08-23, 10:57   Link #27
Mithfalath
Elegiac Servant

Send a message via Yahoo to Mithfalath
I used to have a long string of dreams about that certain someone that was "never meant to be" even if I have always believed it "to be". Because of this, I can affirm that dreams really are coming from one's subconscious. You can hide it, you can mask it - but one way or another, it will spring up like a geyser.

Later in life, I finally accepted the fact that I will not be able to pursue this certain someone and that life really is that way. Since then, those dreams have not occurred again even once.
Old 2012-08-23, 11:39   Link #28
BossNoval
Different & Unique~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithfalath View Post
I used to have a long string of dreams about that certain someone that was "never meant to be" even if I have always believed it "to be". Because of this, I can affirm that dreams really are coming from one's subconscious. You can hide it, you can mask it - but one way or another, it will spring up like a geyser.

Later in life, I finally accepted the fact that I will not be able to pursue this certain someone and that life really is that way. Since then, those dreams have not occurred again even once.
more or less, your experiences are very similar with me

hmm, i also think if dreams are what someone's truly desires

well at that time, although i always said if i already accepted the fact
but later, sometimes those dreams would come back, maybe those are the proofs if deep inside i still couldn't accepted the fact haha, just an example

my unforgettable nightmare would be when i was chased by cannnibals, and after read mahou shoujo of the end i felt like dejavu anywhere to go, despairs and horrors everywhere

BossNoval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-23, 20:31   Link #29
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

I am just wondering, have any of you suspected that you are dreaming in your dreams? For instance, a zombie dream. Does it not occur to any of you that there are no zombies in real life and that you may be dreaming? Or perhaps logic and memories do not apply in dreams?

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-23, 21:17   Link #30
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA View Post
I am just wondering, have any of you suspected that you are dreaming in your dreams? For instance, a zombie dream. Does it not occur to any of you that there are no zombies in real life and that you may be dreaming? Or perhaps logic and memories do not apply in dreams?
Occasionally, but it's rare. The problem for many people is that once you realize you're dreaming, you tend to wake up.

If you know that you're dreaming and can remain within the dream, supposedly you can control the dream. I read a proposed method for acquiring this ability, but it seemed a bit weird to me... if I understood it right, you would go to sleep with your alarm clock clearly visible, and every few minutes take a look at the time. If the time started to flow backwards or wasn't what you expected, then you would know that you were dreaming. In a way I suppose it's similar to Inception: you just need something that gives you a reality check, so that you know whether you're dreaming or not.

The problem that I have with that method is that it seems too difficult to pull off. If I'm constantly checking something every few minutes and am trying to stay focused on it, I'm pretty sure that it'll keep me up all night. For that matter, when I really do fall asleep, I'll probably completely forget about what I was supposed to be checking. (In theory, if you're focused hard enough then this won't be an issue.)

But maybe I just don't care enough about controlling my dreams to go through with that mental training.
Old 2012-08-23, 23:15   Link #31
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

I dunno...it's almost effortless for me to lucid dream....

Being really tired contributes a lot to it
Old 2012-08-24, 02:55   Link #32
Lota

Quote:
Usually not, but sometimes. That dream I wrote about, I was actually aware that I was dreaming. I think that fact actually made things creepier, because when I saw what was happening in the dream, I desperately wanted to wake up, but couldn't. When you dream and, even if it's a nightmare, you don't know you're dreaming, it's a reality to you and you have to accept it, so it's ok. But when you're dreaming and you know it, when it's bad and you can't wake up it's pure HELL.
Lota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 09:25   Link #33
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Referring to the part of the post that I put in bold. I do, about a handful of times already. If it's a good dream, I realize a little sadly that it's all.. a dream, but still glad that I had a good one. In one dream that bordered to being a nightmare, I was being chased, I realize it's only a dream and remember "you can control things in your dream" Tried to pass through a wall but oddly enough the wall feels solid, and I can't pass through despite knowing it's a dream. Managed to escape with a companion by passing through an open slot in the roof, able to climb down the side of the house and both of us run away to the safety of an open street before I woke up. It's one of the more detailed dreams that I had in awhile.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 10:31   Link #34
paratroid

Quote:
Sometimes, though not usually. When I do realise it's a dream I imagine myself with super powers and it happens! I think the trick is to imagine that you have powers/can do the impossible, from there your mind just does the rest. That's how it feels to me anyway.
Old 2012-08-26, 02:05   Link #35
Soliloquy
絶対領域に嵌り過ぎた。

I've been trying to have lucid dream for a long time, but could've never succeeded it. I'm definitely trying another time. It helps that you need to relax but at the time now and when I was doing it, I was quite stressful, I guess it contributed to my failure a lot. I do remember fair bit of interesting dreams. For some strange reason, I remember dreams where the whole city turns apocalyptic or some monster is destroying it. It's almost out of movie like Cloverfield or Gozilla, interesting enough neither I haven't even seen.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 02:19   Link #36
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Just for share... I often wonder why some of my previous dreams... seems to come true.. e.g. the classroom I will be entering in high school... to near impossible like going in a vacation...

You have this de javu or something feeling...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 01:07   Link #37
Sky Knight
Darkness Is In All Of Us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Generally speaking the kinds of dreams I have are usually the kind I'd rather forget.
I have a lot of those kind of dreams to O_O
Quote:
Originally Posted by csuree View Post
well in my life i had several dreams that are still in my memory but the most strange one was actually a series of nightmares.....

one night i dreamt of an apocalyptic world run over by Aliens and i fought them off with some friends from school and college, the fight escalates.. we manage to escape into the wildernes where we settle down.... then i woke up......

a few nights later this nightmare continues......as the aliens infect 1 member and infiltrate....now the details from this are still not clear but somehow we end up going to mexico to an aztek pyramid......second nightmare ends

and after 1 month the continuation finally arrives.......at the pyramid the aliens have grown large so we have to use construction vehicles and guerilla tactics but after and arduous fight we manage to exterminate them .......

so i had a trilogy like nightmare on different days....

fun.. isn't it?
Thats happened to me too, quite a lot and it is fun... like a little inner world anime going on there

Quote:
Originally Posted by paratroid View Post
Sometimes, though not usually. When I do realise it's a dream I imagine myself with super powers and it happens! I think the trick is to imagine that you have powers/can do the impossible, from there your mind just does the rest. That's how it feels to me anyway.
I do something like that, but I don't ever realise im dreaming, i just imagine what i want to dream about before i go to sleep. It doesn't work all the time though, in fact i do have some rather scary dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Just for share... I often wonder why some of my previous dreams... seems to come true.. e.g. the classroom I will be entering in high school... to near impossible like going in a vacation...

You have this de javu or something feeling...
Same thing always happens to me, I even had dreams like 3 years into the future then when that event happens I remember I dreamt about it. I wonder why too.

I had a great dream the other day, I was dreaming I was Ririchiyo Shirakiin (must've been because I finished watching "Inu x Boku SS") I had fallen in love with Soushi. In my dream I was trying to confess to him and had many lovey dovey moments. Then suddenly a nightmare followed O_O
Old 2012-08-28, 11:27   Link #38
csuree
The Most Hated™

well about de-javu feeling i had a lots of them....

i mean i dreamt of a situation, and quickly forgot it in the morning cuz it seemed insignificant, but after a few months that situation appeared in real life and it was a freak coincidence i knew the name of a complete stranger...and after the situation it came to me that this was one of my dreams....

why can't i dream the lottery numbers like that???? it would help me a lot

maybe when dreaming our souls travel through time and space and that is why many people have these sorts of dreams about the future,

until the nature of the human soul can be defined i say that anything is a plausible explanation.
Old 2012-08-28, 14:24   Link #39
Solafighter
Hige

Im a lucid dreamer - I remember most of them and im always the hero.
Old 2012-08-28, 15:55   Link #40
jte742

I had a dream, when I was 8 or 9 years old, that my parents wanted to kill me and have another child because I hadn't turned out right. My mother was a "tiger mom" at the time, and my father was usually unable to persuade her to let up on me. My relationship with my parents is much better now, but it was very difficult for me then, and at the time I felt like if it were legal to do such a thing in reality, they would have seriously considered it.

I remember they found some doctor who offered to euthanize problem children for their parents - like Dr. Kevorkian for children. They even had brochures. My parents brought me to an office with a large machine (sort of like an MRI) that would disrupt my brain and cause me to die in seven days - so that I would have time to say goodbye. I think I woke up before they actually put me in the machine, but you can imagine how frightened I was after that. Some of the details might be incorrect (it was more than half a lifetime ago, after all), but that is one dream I don't think I will ever forget.

Other than that, I've had lots of really odd dreams. Totally forgetting about an important exam, or seeing a shoot-out outside my home (which, in my neighborhood, is even less likely than being struck by lightning). I've even had dreams about my computer breaking down and not being able to fix it...
jte742 is offline   Reply With Quote