AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-05-20, 15:01   Link #2861
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
I mean this is by far the most brutal arc of the series and it should be shown as such.
No, the anime's gruesome enough. Besides, don't forget this show airs on prime-time, and it'd be retarded if it gets canceled or something because they went too far for that timeslot. They're doing a terrific job at making things brutal while keeping it inside the timeslot's constrains.
Old 2013-05-20, 16:42   Link #2862
NJZanDatsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
I haven't been following the anime for a while now, But it looks like the anime is butchering a lot of content from the manga based on your post.

I mean this is by far the most brutal arc of the series and it should be shown as such.
Maybe you should try watching something before making judgement. The anime isn't butchering anything.
NJZanDatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 19:29   Link #2863
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
No, the anime's gruesome enough. Besides, don't forget this show airs on prime-time, and it'd be retarded if it gets canceled or something because they went too far for that timeslot. They're doing a terrific job at making things brutal while keeping it inside the timeslot's constrains.
Actually, rather than prime time it airs at 1055 in the morning on Sunday.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 20:22   Link #2864
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
well... the deaths of pokle and ponzu shouldnt be such a surprise, at least one was guaranteed to die , that hug(sudden romantic development)in the past episode was a huge death flag.
I know right? Was this in the manga? Ponzu got kind of close to Polke on the horse ride. Too bad they couldn't be secondary characters that stay in the back. The main cast needs a female character! RIP Ponzu

That bug was like a rapist, I follow Forever on youtube and he said she look like she was gettng raped after being killed and that give me a WTF minute.
Old 2013-05-21, 05:53   Link #2865
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

I am now convinced that Ponzu's death is the most horrific and disturbing event i have seen in all my years of anime watching. It is even worse than elfen lain in my opinion; for some reason the emotional impact is bigger.
Old 2013-05-21, 06:19   Link #2866
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

^ Good for you. That means you haven’t experienced some of the most horrific and disturbing events anime and manga has to offer. As for me, I can easily mention a handful of events worse than Ponzu’s death from many other manga & anime (still, I’m not here to compare one gruesome event to another).

Anyway, from the episodes I watch so far, they seem like foreshadowing that our friend Kite will run into deep trouble. His advice to Gon & Killua to “leave me when things go south” kinda prophesied something bad if we look at the nature of this arc .
Old 2013-05-21, 06:37   Link #2867
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu View Post
I am now convinced that Ponzu's death is the most horrific and disturbing event i have seen in all my years of anime watching. It is even worse than elfen lain in my opinion; for some reason the emotional impact is bigger.
Lol only because she was a girl.
Old 2013-05-21, 07:25   Link #2868
Hamster

She's a very, very cute girl.
Hamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-21, 08:14   Link #2869
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Ponzu would be somewhat "survive" if she was eaten by the queen.
Well... I know it won't make things any better, though
Old 2013-05-21, 08:17   Link #2870
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I found what happened to Kurt and Reina mor disturbing than what happened to Ponzu, frankly, disturbing as that was. At least she was shot dead before the worst of it came down. I actually think Pokkle got the worst end of the deal.

Any way you slice it Togashi is a genius at creating genuine horror, and this arc is already one of the most brutal I've seen in anime - and as always with Togashi, it's the psychological element that's the worst.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-21, 10:50   Link #2871
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
There are just few good ways to look at this situation. Certainly Ponzu could seen as having it easier than most. At least she was dead before she likely even knew what happened. Though still completely willing to say it was more tragic because she was cute and had a nice voice.

It's a terrible situation all in all. Giant bugs killing and eating people, it's just...not good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
^ Good for you. That means you haven’t experienced some of the most horrific and disturbing events anime and manga has to offer. As for me, I can easily mention a handful of events worse than Ponzu’s death from many other manga & anime (still, I’m not here to compare one gruesome event to another).

Anyway, from the episodes I watch so far, they seem like foreshadowing that our friend Kite will run into deep trouble. His advice to Gon & Killua to “leave me when things go south” kinda prophesied something bad if we look at the nature of this arc .
Yeah, I'm pretty much ready to bury Kite as well at this point. From that line, I just can't help but think he's going to get killed off and be the main source that the King is drawn from. Heck could also draw that Gon and Killua not running away (from something) will actually be the cause of things getting worse.
Old 2013-05-21, 11:58   Link #2872
Hamster

If the ants are already this strong, it kinda makes you wonder how strong the royal guards are gonna be, and the King himself for that matter.
Hamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-21, 12:03   Link #2873
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamster View Post
If the ants are already this strong, it kinda makes you wonder how strong the royal guards are gonna be, and the King himself for that matter.
and I don't think they are using Nen yet, either. Polka...
Old 2013-05-21, 13:31   Link #2874
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Are we sure they're not using nen? That chameleon ant already has the ability to turn completely invisible and I can't see that as being anything other than a nen ability.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-21, 13:45   Link #2875
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Are we sure they're not using nen? That chameleon ant already has the ability to turn completely invisible and I can't see that as being anything other than a nen ability.
I'm fairly sure they haven't gotten to nen yet. If that chameleon ant had been using nen, I'm sure the rest of them would know what it was.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-21, 18:37   Link #2876
leokiko

Him being invisible is a skill coming from when he was an animal, one completely unrelated to Nen itself.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 01:40   Link #2877
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Don't you think that might have something to do with, well, him being a chameleon?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 09:56   Link #2878
alarmadadna hadi

What about the spider old man thing? I'm not sure why he can see pokkle's arrows.
Old 2013-05-22, 10:22   Link #2879
NordicOtaku

Those chimera ants are some scary characters. Reminds me of the bears in Silver Fang. Hope I'm not getting nightmares from them!
NordicOtaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 10:47   Link #2880
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alarmadadna hadi View Post
What about the spider old man thing? I'm not sure why he can see pokkle's arrows.
Talent, awareness, talent for awareness.

You don't need to use Gyo to see aura you know?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, shounen