AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

View Poll Results: Higurashi Kai Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 75 59.52%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 32 25.40%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 11.90%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 1.59%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.59%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-11, 19:42   Link #61
mccolgate

Have you been hearing extra footsteps lately, StrayChild?

Last edited by mccolgate; 2007-08-11 at 20:02.
Old 2007-08-11, 20:02   Link #62
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

USODA

You all hate me and I KNOW IT.
Old 2007-08-11, 21:21   Link #63
rimaa

was it ever mentioned before that Satoko had a serious illness? or was i the only one surprised? kinda weird that she had to look at ink blots for it too
Old 2007-08-11, 21:22   Link #64
Echoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iskatar View Post
Takano looks cute in that nurse uniform. :/
I almost forgot, that's very true. I never paid much attention to her looks in the past, but god-damn, I saw her through new eyes today.
Old 2007-08-11, 22:10   Link #65
kgptzac
Summoner of the Third Eye

I've seen a CG of Takano wearing "an" uniform that may very well into the field of moe... The CG is from Higurashi's PS2 game of course -v-

Anyway the I found this episode's predestination thing got a bit over the top of sensible. Rika could completely predict the seating arrangement with 100% confidence. Nobody thinks this is a bit odd with the game they were going to play eventually, actually can vary? but not the seating? Drawing lots should be a much more random action than deciding on a game, imo.
Old 2007-08-11, 22:12   Link #66
MrZombie

I don't really get this attitude. Is the only reason so many people watch this series the violence? The characters are far deeper than most in anime and the plot is well thought out and contains tons of foreshadowing.

The violence brought on by the characters is the worst possible out come for any world. Is it then that surprising that as the closer we get to a happy ending the less and less violence we get?
Old 2007-08-11, 22:23   Link #67
MarthX

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgptzac View Post
I've seen a CG of Takano wearing "an" uniform that may very well into the field of moe... The CG is from Higurashi's PS2 game of course -v-

Anyway the I found this episode's predestination thing got a bit over the top of sensible. Rika could completely predict the seating arrangement with 100% confidence. Nobody thinks this is a bit odd with the game they were going to play eventually, actually can vary? but not the seating? Drawing lots should be a much more random action than deciding on a game, imo.
Rika addresses that in the game. The drawing should be random but Mion found a way to rig it.
Old 2007-08-11, 22:24   Link #68
Deathwing
what do i know

im rooting for an overall happy ending but with a name like massacre arc this one doesn't look like its gonna make it well ill keep rooting
overall great episode i like the fact the kechi is trying to change fate through little attempts and that rika hasn't given up yet i hope to see a good outcome like the introduction of a new character into the mix
Old 2007-08-11, 22:40   Link #69
dspr8_rugged
GN-001 Gundam Exia

Oh yes, Takano in nurse uniform = FTW
Old 2007-08-12, 00:35   Link #70
BakaOnna

What an amazing episode! Despite already knowing what's going to happen, it was awesome to watch it happen. KOOL Keiichi = awesome. And they finally mentioned about the Levels. I can't wait for the next episode.

Oh, is someone going to update which TIPS correspond with each episode? I guess I can figure it out myself.
Old 2007-08-12, 00:47   Link #71
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Another great episode of course and this one i was looking forward to very much since we Hanyuu makes her appearance and the rules of spelled out for us. So what i gathered from this episode is that certain things will happen and have happen every time around although certain triggers will be different. One of the incidents that does not change is the fact that Tomitake and Takano will be murdered on the night of the Watanagashi festival and the second incident is that Rika her self will be killed shortly thereafter these 2 events will happen in every world.

I finally also got my answer as too how long Rika has been reincarnated. She has been at it for over 100 years and Hanyuu is even older since the beginning of the founding of the village and it seems each time they get less time to find a way to avoid all the tragedies. I didnt expect that Hanyuu and Rika senses were linked and i believe for the first time we see the real Rika for long periods and shes pretty mean Hanyuu LOL. I also enjoyed how this episode was directed right at the audience, as if Rika her self is talking to us since she knows we are watching that was a nice touch that kind of drew me in more.

Heres my theory for fight destiny. Rika obviously has grown tired after going through this over 100 times. She has always looked for an answer but has never directly tried to influence things thinking that you could not escape destiny and or fate, I think she is trigger and her friends are the bullets Rika was never meant to change events just to acquire the knowledge to her friends do it. The only incident where a change occurred was K1 remembering things from the past which gave her some hope that things could change but it never happened again so she and Hanyuu abandoned that path. Without even realizing it Rika directly influenced a change in the new world by telling K1 certain information which she has never done before at least not in so much detail. They didnt play cards that has never happened before and the direct result of that was K1 giving Mion the doll instead of Rena which avoided her starting the killing cycle. Obviously neither Rika or Hanyuu never thought of influencing events this way since it surprised both of them. The theory that you can fight fate if you try just might be valid given Rika knowledge and her friends personalties which K1 demonstrated. I think if she at certain key points in history interacts with each member of the group she might be able to guide them in a different direction than what history and destiny have dictated. In other words Rika was going about everything all wrong its not one person that will be responsible for finding what i call the happy path it will be each member of her group. The key is to act and give hints at the right time theres is an event for each version of the killings with Rena, K1, Mion, Shion, Satoko. if she can avoid these triggers happening it might create alternate ending that Rika and Hanyuu have desperately been searching for.

Well thats my theory im sure i might have somethings wrong but i wanted to share with everyone and get some feedback from the more experience Higurashi fans. please feel free to add things.
Old 2007-08-12, 01:49   Link #72
Shadow Miko
ASuki's #1 Virgillia fan~

I like that theory Sinestra. But it doesn't really work with me. Although Keiichi giving Mion the doll really fit in with that. I think that Hinimizawa is like a lock and Rika, Hanyuu, Keiichi, Mion/Shion, Satoko and Rika are like the keys. but the combination will create a new place that the lock opens up. Like you said, something triggers them and that is when they key opens the lock (determines their fate). But I'm just guessing. That's like your theory too though so maybe I'm just wording it differently.

This episode was easily one of my favorites. I like when Rika is relfecting and well...duh! Au au au~

WAS Hanyuu's biggest fangirl, my heart belongs to Virgillia now. <3 Loli Salad - A blog of epic-proportions!
Old 2007-08-12, 01:59   Link #73
SSJiffy
AWWWSOME

I started off watching the anime and I feel Minagoroshi-hen is going to be one of the better arcs. I feel an awesome amount of potential here and next week can't come soon enough. :|!!

Takano in uniform. FTW.
Mion receiving the doll. Sweet.
Old 2007-08-12, 03:39   Link #74
kingsky123
Higurashi fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myopius View Post
So Rika was about to yell out "Keiichi" near the end there, but quieted when he gave the doll to Mion. Was she going to say "Keiichi, give it to Mion"? That's pretty direct, if I were here I'd try to say, "Mion, isn't that the doll you told me you thought was pretty the other day?" and when Mion denies it Keiichi won't believe her and will give her the doll. But it seems she didn't need to. Well, what matter is that she had the courage to try to change things there, even if the action itself would've been redundant.
actually i thought she would say KEIICHII WAITT!!!!!!!!!! lemme talk to you for a moment

uhh.. wait 1 more thing... if their senses are linked... it means hanyuu felt rika getting totured by shion????
and she felt how rika felt when she self-pwn with the knife??

Last edited by kingsky123; 2007-08-12 at 04:02.
Old 2007-08-12, 10:10   Link #75
Echoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsky123 View Post
actually i thought she would say KEIICHII WAITT!!!!!!!!!! lemme talk to you for a moment

uhh.. wait 1 more thing... if their senses are linked... it means hanyuu felt rika getting totured by shion????
Yeah, probably. Poor little thing.
Old 2007-08-12, 11:03   Link #76
Supergrunch
Tegenaria gigantea

Send a message via MSN to Supergrunch
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsky123 View Post

That's a point, she might have.

In the game, Rika cried out "HANYUU!" as she stabbed herself.
Old 2007-08-12, 11:39   Link #77
raikage
日本語を食べません!

Quote:
Originally Posted by myopius View Post
I really can't understand Rika too well. It shouldn't be hard to change things, even if all you do is say, "I want to go home" or "Keiichi, can I pick my seat through the lottery before you?" and right away you change the way the game occurred. Well, some of the major things would certainly be more difficult, so I guess she's just become totally disillusioned with her ability such that she doesn't even see the occasions when she could make a little difference.
So Rika was about to yell out "Keiichi" near the end there, but quieted when he gave the doll to Mion. Was she going to say "Keiichi, give it to Mion"? That's pretty direct, if I were here I'd try to say, "Mion, isn't that the doll you told me you thought was pretty the other day?" and when Mion denies it Keiichi won't believe her and will give her the doll. But it seems she didn't need to. Well, what matter is that she had the courage to try to change things there, even if the action itself would've been redundant.
It wasn't just that, but also how quickly and effortlessly Keiichi sidestepped what would have become Watanagashi/Meakashi-hen.

With a few simple words and a quick, seemingly-meaningless action, he avoided going down one of the "Bad end" paths.

But even if Rika manages to have her friends not go insane, she still has to deal with the Evil Janitors (and with what KJ posted in the Ep 5 thread, I think they might be the KGB) murdering her.

How can she and her friends go against people with guns?
Old 2007-08-12, 13:00   Link #78
Darklightz
Wagering his life...

Well,most of the events in Watanagashi are a chain of events with one causing another. Now that that Keichii broke one of those chain of events, we might see a totally new ending.

I was really surprised when Keichii gave the doll to Mion. Maybe Keichii's first instinct was to give it to Rena (as always) but then remembering Rika's talk about fate he thought "If fate wants me to give the doll to Rena,then I'll give it to Mion instead!".

I completely agree with Sinestra's theory as well. All of the gang going crazy comes by triggered events. Somehow Keichii is key in this, maybe because he hasn't been in Hinamizawa as long as the others so he's not as affected by it's powers as the others.
Old 2007-08-12, 15:12   Link #79
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by raikage View Post
But even if Rika manages to have her friends not go insane, she still has to deal with the Evil Janitors (and with what KJ posted in the Ep 5 thread, I think they might be the KGB) murdering her.
That's right, while Rule X (madness in Rika's friends) can be varied and avoided to a certain extent (such as how Watanagashi-hen was avoided in this episode), Rule Y (Rika's murder) is a toughie, since it never fails to happen.

There must be a strong willpower behind whatever governs Rule Y, because it always occurs (unless Rule X got to Rika first). In other words, for Rika to be murdered in every single "reset" by the mystery crew, it must mean that somebody really wants Rika dead. And not just a regular death too - note that Rika is murdered the same way everytime.

Think back on the manner of Rika's death, the location where it occured, and the possible meanings that it might carry. Why would somebody want to kill Rika that way?

Quote:
I smirked when I read that.
Don't worry, you'll be able to learn the answer in an exhilarating way when Matsuribayashi-hen comes around.
Old 2007-08-12, 15:15   Link #80
GyroidFanatic

Quote:
This is an anime. They'll all get secret sword and/or ninja training.
Closed Thread