AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations > Custom Requests

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-05, 11:02   Link #1
Quichigo

Samurai 7?

Should I watch it? I really liked FLCL, Bleach, One Piece, FMA and Samurai Champloo. So should I watch it? Does it have lots of good action?
Old 2007-08-05, 13:32   Link #2
Sun Shine
Destroyer of the Good

The action in it is really good, the plot is pretty good as well but basic. Its certainly enjoyable if you like samurai action, character development and good core characters. Its not as badass as Samurai Champloo though. I reckon you should try it out, it reminds me a lot of the Ninja Scroll TV series.
Old 2007-08-05, 15:09   Link #3
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
I definetly found this series enjoyable. Fight scenes were done well. Really good series overall
Old 2007-08-05, 16:57   Link #4
retardation
phantom loser

if you've seen seven samurai the film, it's not as good but you'd probably just like it because it's interesting to see what they do in what situation.

i think the series is decent but not great. it's more a fantasy epic type series than an action type series in my view.

mississauga what.
Old 2007-08-05, 21:16   Link #5
mishka

yes watch it. you'd love it.
Old 2007-08-05, 22:49   Link #6
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Pretty good series...Pretty straight-forward in plot and archetypes, and it also has a very human cast that makes for good drama, but what puts the show in a unique category is that it is indeed apart of both the Samurai and Mecha genre...I mean at the end of the day it's men fighting huge robots with swords and beating them, if that's something you might enjoy you won't find many other series that will give it to you...
Old 2007-08-05, 22:50   Link #7
Onset
desu~

I found Samurai 7 to be a rather mediocre anime. The action is decent and the characters are somewhat likeable, but the story really drags in my opinion. It picks up a little near the end, but I didn't think it made up for many of the lackluster episodes. I've never been a big fan of GONZO anyway, so I suppose I'm being a bit biased .
Old 2007-08-06, 10:42   Link #8
Renesis-C
Senior Member...?

Agreed with Onset, best word to describe it is mediocre. Nothing really stands out in this anime, the characters are pretty stereotypical for an action anime, animation is on par with everything else from that time and the action sequences don't really wow as much as other anime in this genre.

For me, it was like, good promising start, disappointing middle that was dragged on too much and above average finish.

Watch it if you have nothing else to watch or are waiting for the next big thing to come along, otherwise, you can pass this one up.
Closed Thread