AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-08-26, 13:15   Link #2121
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
This whole season has issues with pacing. It started off horrendously slow, and now because of that slow start (mostly because of the time slot change) they have to cram everything in at the end like this making it hyperspeed. But how they are handling the fast pacing is actually pretty good. The episode never broke stride and it never felt unnatural. Just a little crunched is all.
C.C. somehow getting out of the room Lelouch kept her locked in, and being conveniently exactly where Anya was... come on?
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 13:19   Link #2122
Asleep

Quote:
This whole season has issues with pacing. It started off horrendously slow, and now because of that slow start (mostly because of the time slot change) they have to cram everything in at the end like this making it hyperspeed. But how they are handling the fast pacing is actually pretty good. The episode never broke stride and it never felt unnatural. Just a little crunched is all.
They lost a lot of time because they had to recreate everything.
I think they are at the main plot now. They don't need to build anything up for the new viewers. It might be rushed because of all the time lost, but at least it's not mirroring the first season anymore.
Asleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 13:19   Link #2123
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
C.C. somehow getting out of the room Lelouch kept her locked in, and being conveniently exactly where Anya was... come on?
She got out of the room and was outside. What is so hard to believe? And I don't remember her being specifically locked in either...
Orga777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 13:22   Link #2124
Var
Banned

Quote:
She got out of the room and was outside. What is so hard to believe? And I don't remember her being specifically locked in either...
She suddenly learned how to use an elavator, an electronic door, and just happened to leave the room when she never did before? Come on.
Old 2008-08-26, 13:23   Link #2125
Asleep

Quote:
She suddenly learned how to use an elavator, an electronic door, and just happened to leave the room when she never did before? Come on.
Maybe Kallen brought her down. Why does she have to live alone in that room without her master anymore?
Old 2008-08-26, 13:24   Link #2126
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asleep View Post
Maybe Kallen brought her down. Why does she have to live alone in that room without her master anymore?
Why would Kallen bring her out and then just leave her?
Old 2008-08-26, 13:25   Link #2127
Orga777

Quote:
Hey, it is more believable than Lelouch conveniently was riding down teh street with Rivalz at the same time as a terrorist group conveniently stole a container that conveniently held C.C., the truck conveniently crashing near Lelouch who decides to go check it out, gets conveniently thrust into a pickle at that moment when, Suzaku conveniently finds him at that moment. And then how everything else conveniently happened.

So yeah, C.C. running into Anya was a lot of convenience, but hardly that big for you to complain about.
Old 2008-08-26, 13:27   Link #2128
TheDisruptiveOne

CC didn't leave that room once. She presumably stayed in that room ever since she lost her memories. The other Black Knights had a party and even commented that CC wasn't around because she wasn't feeling well.

CC leaving her room and being right where Anya landed is the greatest bit of deus ex machina we have ever seen in the series. (Rakshata arriving with the upgrades to the Guren while Kallen fell in episode 6 is a close second.)
TheDisruptiveOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 13:28   Link #2129
Asleep

Quote:
Why would Kallen bring her out and then just leave her?
She could have been called away by Ougi or someone! They don't have the time to show us every little thing with all the time they've wasted already. Obviously it will be rushed. I would like to see the original version without all the needless repetition, but I am not going to get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisruptiveOne View Post
CC didn't leave that room once. She presumably stayed in that room ever since she lost her memories. The other Black Knights had a party and even commented that CC wasn't around because she wasn't feeling well.

CC leaving her room and being right where Anya landed is the greatest bit of deus ex machina we have ever seen in the series. (Rakshata arriving with the upgrades to the Guren while Kallen fell in episode 6 is a close second.)
I disagree. Lelouch wasn't present anymore and Lelouch kept her there. And from what she said she knew he was gone for good.
Old 2008-08-26, 13:29   Link #2130
Var
Banned

Quote:
Hey, it is more believable than Lelouch conveniently was riding down teh street with Rivalz at the same time as a terrorist group conveniently stole a container that conveniently held C.C., the truck conveniently crashing near Lelouch who decides to go check it out, gets conveniently thrust into a pickle at that moment when, Suzaku conveniently finds him at that moment. And then how everything else conveniently happened.

So yeah, C.C. running into Anya was a lot of convenience, but hardly that big for you to complain about.
You cannot compare the plot initiating event to something at the 45th episode of the story. All stories start on coincidence, but they hardly make massive plot points on convenience.
Old 2008-08-26, 13:33   Link #2131
Orga777

Quote:
You cannot compare the plot initiating event to something at the 45th episode of the story.
Oh? There is a lot of OTHER coincidences that occur throughout this anime that still make C.C. getting on deck look tame. Seriously, it is NOT that big a deal. Why can't their be stairs to get outside with? Running into Anya while she was making her patrol is also not that big a deal. So what is the problem? I am surprised you are even bringing it up really.
Old 2008-08-26, 13:34   Link #2132
Var
Banned

Quote:
Oh? There is a lot of OTHER coincidences that occur throughout this anime that still make C.C. getting on deck look tame. Seriously, it is NOT that big a deal. Why can't their be stairs to get outside with? Running into Anya while she was making her patrol is also not that big a deal. So what is the problem? I am surprised you are even bringing it up really.
Name one that resulted in something equal to C.C. and Marianne suddenly reappearing and conversing.

I'm bringing it up because I like watching people squirm to find very weak counters to my points.
Old 2008-08-26, 13:35   Link #2133
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
No, C.C. in 21 is worse that 1 million people who can undress themself and put a zero costume in 20 sec.

/sarcasm
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 13:36   Link #2134
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN

Quote:
Name one that resulted in something equal to C.C. and Marianne suddenly reappearing and conversing.

I'm bringing it up because I like watching people squirm to find very weak counters to my points.
i lawled at this.
Var is pure evil!!!
i almost done with my next chapter.
Witacume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 13:41   Link #2135
Orga777

Quote:
Suzaku being sent to execute Toudou just while the BK's move to rescue him, gets his hatch ripped open to expose himself to Lelouch? Mao coming out of NOWHERE? Jeremiah surviving at the end of S1? Jeremiah's 360 heel turn and no questions asked? And Shirley's death happened all because of coincidence. Like Rolo being there and running into Shirley in a HUGE mall and all that. Those are the ones I got on the top of my head anyway.
Old 2008-08-26, 13:46   Link #2136
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:

Another, I didn't know that a woman can have the strength of a gorilla and can look more like an anorexic model than like schwarzenegger.

I guess the source of Kallen's strength is from her boobs. Like samson, but because of boobs.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 13:48   Link #2137
Var
Banned

Quote:
Suzaku being sent to execute Toudou just while the BK's move to rescue him, gets his hatch ripped open to expose himself to Lelouch? Mao coming out of NOWHERE? Jeremiah surviving at the end of S1? Jeremiah's 360 heel turn and no questions asked? And Shirley's death happened all because of coincidence. Like Rolo being there and running into Shirley in a HUGE mall and all that. Those are the ones I got on the top of my head anyway.
All of what you listed was foreshadowed either in the same episode or the one prior. Suzaku being sent to execute Todou is hardly anything out of the blue as they had been, constantly, testing his loyalty. Him executing his instructor is the ultimate test. Jeremiah's defection was discussed in the Picture Dramas and in the show where we learn that he is broken over failing Marianne. (Though I'll give you that that one was a bit out there, but still in terms of character importance pales in comparison.) Mao we saw episodes before he actually appeared, with C.C. talking about him. Rolo was flying there, that makes sense, them bumping into one another you could argue for but not him actually being there.

And again, none of these remotely compare to the two main plot driving characters suddenly appearing with no foreshadowing or forewarning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
Another, I didn't know that a woman can have the strength of a gorilla and can look more like an anorexic model than like schwarzenegger.

I guess the source of Kallen's strength is from her boobs. Like samson, but because of boobs.
I didn't know people could live forever or have super-eyes. -_-
Old 2008-08-26, 13:49   Link #2138
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post

or Suzaku being able to dodge bullets XD
MAtrix here we come.
Witacume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 13:49   Link #2139
Strettger
PopulationControl Officer

Come now, its a bit different with Marriane appearing, in hindsight she had always been there, watching, talking with C.C.... we just never knew exactly what she looked like now.
C.C was talking with Marriane throughout both seasons, people weren't even sure she was dead or not; hell I still don't know if she is dead and thats just an echo in Anya....
Strettger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 13:49   Link #2140
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
This show is practically built of coincidence. One of the funnier ones is the fact that Suzaku's super human abilities qualify perfectly for stopping Mao's trap for Nunally. Not to mention that Mao's ability to mind read is the perfect way to reveal that Suzaku killed his father. Reall there have been so many coincidences that this one with C.C. doesn't seem like a big deal. Yes this one didn't have a lot of forshadowing, but in a way that makes the surprise that more surprising. However there has been hints that something was up with Anya and apparently people had theories that Anya and C.C. were some how connected. Maybe not in this exact way, but whatever. I don't I'm just not suprised by the coincidence of this because at this point and with the way the show has been handled lately I just expect it.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote