AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

View Poll Results: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 69 24.38%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 93 32.86%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 56 19.79%
7 out of 10 : Good 39 13.78%
6 out of 10 : Average 11 3.89%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 1.06%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 0.71%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.35%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.35%
1 out of 10 : Painful 8 2.83%
Voters: 283. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-18, 03:50   Link #341
SnowCrasher

I'm quite surprised that Funimation is actually streaming the series subbed as they come.

"Generalissimo"?? Man, that's going to take a while to get used to... why such a mouthful word?
Old 2009-05-03, 21:00   Link #342
mishka

okay so I just watched episode 1. In the opening there's older Al. I totally thought they were gonna pick up where the movie ended for the second series. Is this series gonna be all about the past!!? :/

and I kinda didn't like the way the characters are drawn in this one...there's something weird about them!
Old 2009-05-03, 21:03   Link #343
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishka View Post
okay so I just watched episode 1. In the opening there's older Al.

So what makes you say the character is older Al?

As it's already been said many times the series follows the manga plot line which is different from the 1st anime (even if it doesn't seem so at first). A sequel to the last series? Did you really want to see Ed & Al fights Nazi's?
Old 2009-05-03, 21:07   Link #344
mishka

sure why not! ;p
Old 2009-05-06, 18:30   Link #345
destiny4everlove

Episode 1

-Loved the opening! The song, the lyrics, the video, everything was amazing!

-Never call Ed short or small!!!!

-The Ice Alchemist’s power was so awesomely cool!!! I liked it very much.

- Roy *swoons* He was awesome too.

-The scene when Ed and Al were little was so touching.

-Incredible episode! It was so full of win!!! It had funny parts, touching parts, and great action parts. Amazing way to start the series!!

Thank you so much for my beautiful avy and my amazing sig, TheEroKing!!!
Old 2009-05-11, 17:22   Link #346
Corruption
Marv

I just finished watching the normal series and I think this first episode was pretty gay.

They end Fullmetal Alchemist with Edward going to the other world, are they going to make Brotherhood one major flashback? Cause I don't really understand it lol
Old 2009-05-11, 17:26   Link #347
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Good Lord... you should read the threads more often, then.

Old 2009-05-13, 01:11   Link #348
Cyanide
d e a d l y;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corruption View Post
I just finished watching the normal series and I think this first episode was pretty gay.

They end Fullmetal Alchemist with Edward going to the other world, are they going to make Brotherhood one major flashback? Cause I don't really understand it lol
All Brotherhood is, is a remake of the original anime that sticks closer to the manga. It's not anything new, and shiny plot-wise.

Personally, I thought the first episode was pretty awesome. It paved the way for the actual starting point pretty nicely, in my opinion.
Old 2009-05-13, 18:57   Link #349
Karlson
Jumping...is useless!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corruption View Post

Basically, Brotherhood is an adaptation of the manga which also means its gonna continue where the first series left off in explaining how the story went in said manga. When the first series was in production the manga was still a long ways off from completion so it had to diverge itself away from the source material to bring a proper ending to it (via anime original ending). The first half the of the first series (or from what I do remember of it its been awhile) did cover the general plot outline of manga pretty well (tho there were notable differences of which weren't there in the manga), but soon after that point it strayed away from the manga.

Hopefully that didnt sound confusing
Old 2009-05-14, 09:45   Link #350
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanide View Post
All Brotherhood is, is a remake of the original anime that sticks closer to the manga. It's not anything new, and shiny plot-wise.
Except for, you know, the fact that the manga and anime are completely different part way through? And that Brotherhood has already made mention of three or four major plot points which were never even hinted at in the first series?
Closed Thread