AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-04-22, 20:06   Link #1181
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
D1 and D2 definitely more terrifying than D3. It's the fogginess. They should have kept the absolute blackness and bold gorey details.

Ugh there's something up with this game that's causing my computer to overheat and shutdown. I never had this problem. Not even crysis makes this overheat @_@.

Fav character is monk atm. But I REALLY want seven sided strike ughhh
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 20:34   Link #1182
Nixl

I went from planning to pass this game up entirely to ready to pre-order in the course of a few hours. I really liked what I saw in the open beta. The game has a lot of potential in my opinion. If Inferno mode truly makes it hard then I am 100% sold.

Watching the death effects of the creatures is entertainment in itself. I do applaud Blizzard for the work they put into those animations.

I just wish my computer was not crap.
Nixl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 20:35   Link #1183
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak3mi View Post
Is it just me who thinks #3 is rather tame compared to 1 & 2? Like how the atmosphere is so dark in diablo 1 & 2 with the creatures and the blood, or is that just because of the graphics?

When I was in diablo 3 I didn't feel as scared as I was when I was playing diablo 1 earlier.
I may just be chatting a lot of rubbish though what do you guys think?
I was never "scared" playing either diablo 1 or 2. Of course I can't play 3(damn computer) but the screenshots and videos to me don't look like anything other than an updated diablo 2.

People seriously play up this "dark and edgy" feel that diablo games have and I don't think I ever really got that when I played them.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 20:56   Link #1184
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak3mi View Post
Is it just me who thinks #3 is rather tame compared to 1 & 2? Like how the atmosphere is so dark in diablo 1 & 2 with the creatures and the blood, or is that just because of the graphics?

When I was in diablo 3 I didn't feel as scared as I was when I was playing diablo 1 earlier.
I may just be chatting a lot of rubbish though what do you guys think?
>Diablo 2
>Dark atmostsphere

Pick one, mate. The game is so bright my eyes hurt.
I'd give Diablo 1 that scary feeling you mentioned, but just because how mobility is lacking in that game.

Diablo 3's first act is darker than every place in Diablo 2's one.
Old 2012-04-22, 21:33   Link #1185
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

In the DPS race, DH may have the upper hand...

But no amount of pew pew is going to be as satisfying as leaping into a horde of enemies and cleaving their heads off with a Barb, or a monk rushing through an entire ARMY of enemies in a split second then one shotting their summoner, only to turn around and send his entire army flying against the wall with a swift sweeping roundhouse.

It's just inifinitely more fun than pew pew.
Old 2012-04-23, 00:18   Link #1186
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
In the DPS race, DH may have the upper hand...

But no amount of pew pew is going to be as satisfying as leaping into a horde of enemies and cleaving their heads off with a Barb, or a monk rushing through an entire ARMY of enemies in a split second then one shotting their summoner, only to turn around and send his entire army flying against the wall with a swift sweeping roundhouse.

It's just inifinitely more fun than pew pew.
How about having a ninja demon hunter that pulls grenades out of her blouse's chest area just throw and use daggers as main melee weapons?

Heck she even has the impale skill to use against anyone who disses her off .

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-23, 01:40   Link #1187
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Had quite a bit of fun with most of the classes. Just leaping into the fray with the barbarian and literally sending enemies flying is pretty satisfying. But also enjoyed the beams of the wizard and machinegun fire of the DH.
Old 2012-04-23, 01:46   Link #1188
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

After getting my Wizard up to lvl 13, I'm surprised at the kind of stuff you can do in D3 that you can't do in D2. I'm running her with a build that I tried and failed to make effective in D2: a zweihander-wielding sword mage.

Magic damage in D3 is determined primarily by your equipped weapon, which means that arming my Wizard with a Flamberge gives her some insane amount of damage indeed. Plus, the Wizard has a level 11 skill called Spectral Blades, which makes the Wizard conjure some magical slashes in the air in a rather anime-esque style (and the animation convincingly makes it looks like the Wizard uses their weapon for said attack), and deals 135% damage of your weapon. Combined with the Wizard's AoE active spells and I can have her run around hacking and slashing stuff in melee like a boss.

Not sure how effective this build will be once we can go past the Skeleton Kind in the full game, but I sure am having fun with this one

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-23, 02:11   Link #1189
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

^You know in D2, I actually made a sword-Amazon.

Yeah, sword and shield amazon. She has no sword skills.
I had very limited skill set I could use, and DPS was very low, but I wanted to see how far she can get.
Got through the first two difficulties, actually. Was surprised.
Old 2012-04-23, 02:18   Link #1190
Skane
Anime Snark

Well, if you go and dig up the Blizzcon video, you will see that Blizzard has stated that they want to have dozens of viable builds, and not just the "One Optimal Build". They don't mind if people theorycraft a build that is within 5% of other builds, so long as that "Optimal Build" does not overshadow the other builds. They gave specific examples like Petless Witch Doctor and Melee Wizards.

Long story short, they want players to be able to play the heroes the way they want to play it, even if it may seem crazy upon first glance.

Cheers.
Old 2012-04-23, 02:52   Link #1191
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Yeah, that's why they have the Elective mode in there...

I wish I had known about this mode earlier, the customization is WAAAAY better with that on.
I could use all four Monk attacks at the same time!
Old 2012-04-23, 03:45   Link #1192
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I do like the flexibility that you've got in how you want to make your character. Also appreciate how they changed up the rune system during the beta. Unlocking and applying as you level and experiment is pretty fun.
Old 2012-04-23, 04:04   Link #1193
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

... and I just discovered that the Stash is actually shared among all your heroes.

That means that any magic items that I may not find useful for one hero can simply be stashed and then picked up by another of your heroes.

And Elective Mode... why didn't I find out about this sooner?!

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-23, 04:04   Link #1194
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I wish they slightly changed the rune system, really. I want to be able to choose which rune to use when I reach a certain level, instead of the linear order of the rune unlocking progression.
Old 2012-04-23, 07:46   Link #1195
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Well, if you go and dig up the Blizzcon video, you will see that Blizzard has stated that they want to have dozens of viable builds, and not just the "One Optimal Build". They don't mind if people theorycraft a build that is within 5% of other builds, so long as that "Optimal Build" does not overshadow the other builds. They gave specific examples like Petless Witch Doctor and Melee Wizards.

Long story short, they want players to be able to play the heroes the way they want to play it, even if it may seem crazy upon first glance.

Cheers.
Whether it's a Healer class that DPS, or a Mage that melees, what's with us gamers and our strange obsession with using things 'in ways they were never intended for' ?

Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-23, 08:12   Link #1196
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

The melee mage existed in D2 already even though it was only based on that one skill in the fire tree which enchanted the weapon
I find it a bit strange that magic skill power is now also based on weapon damage, but maybe it was done to prevent that a few classes could clear the game "naked" (like Sorc and Necromaner could; especially before the blood golem + iron maiden bug was fixed )
I'm all for skill build variety despite that I used those guides in D2 as no-skill gamer
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-23, 08:19   Link #1197
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Whether it's a Healer class that DPS, or a Mage that melees, what's with us gamers and our strange obsession with using things 'in ways they were never intended for' ?

Perfect world. The Healer is the ultimate PvP if properly built.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post

Cheers.
It is official. You can't build a melee DH.

Btw, I'll be on at 11pm GMT+8. We can continue where we left off yesterday.....and anyone else interested is free to join.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.

Last edited by SaintessHeart; 2012-04-23 at 08:37.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-23, 08:25   Link #1198
Squarecrow
Supreme Ruler of Crowatia

First time playing the beta. Was so excited I did all the achievements. Did not sleep.

At least at the lower levels things were much different than I expected. I'd been planning Wizard builds in hope of getting into the closed beta and now that I actually get to play, I'm having way more fun with the Demon Hunter. For me it's: DH > Barb* > Wiz > Monk > WD. The DH just has awesome mobility, great kiting, and fantastic DPS (at least single target wise). It feels so tactical and I love it. The Barb on the other hand just rolls over everything with that runed Cleave explosion. Lots of fun sending everything flying. Of course this is just level 13, things can change.

Hoping I can get a CE, I want that Diablo skull USB.

*I plan on playing Hell/Inferno so I really may not play the Barb 'cause I'm a pansy.
Squarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-23, 09:53   Link #1199
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Well, I got complained from my friends because I fill their screen with dogs, spiders, frogs and bats.

I'd love to have that rune "Rain of Frog" to shit on them more than that.
Old 2012-04-23, 10:33   Link #1200
Skane
Anime Snark

Talking

Just had a interesting game with three Wizards (all female of course ). There was a Barbarian, but apparently he was too busy RPG-ing on the upper levels till we summoned him for the Boss fight.

One was a melee Wizard using Spectral Blade and Ray of Frost, the second was using Magic Missle(Charged Blast) and Arcane Orb, and I was using Magic Missile(Split) and Arcane Torrent.

It was a bloody fun massacre as we basically lawnmowered our way to King Leoric. So many pretty spell effects.

Hehe.

Tags
arpg, blizzard, dungeon crawler