AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kill La Kill

Notices

View Poll Results: Kill La Kill - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 63 71.59%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 21 23.86%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 3 3.41%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 1.14%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-03-13, 20:51   Link #21
HandofFate

Episode 22 was so intense, I was leaning back against my chair the whole time.
That ending though, just when I thought all the cool stuff was over, Fight Club Mako is back.

Too bad its the 2* though, I think she earned her way to 3* like the rest of elite 4.

I like how they keep reinforcing Gamagoori x Mako.
The dinner scene.
Look at Goori's food, and him staring at Mako. XFD.
Spoiler for dinner:
Old 2014-03-13, 21:00   Link #22
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Ok, I think this episode hinted who Senketsu might be. Soichiro himself Or maybe at least having Some connection with him ( maybe through blood or other) .

And also Mako .
Old 2014-03-13, 21:05   Link #23
Death Usagi
Banned

I thought Iori was a 2-Star but he was actually 3? Considering his relationship with Satsuki and Elite Four I am not surprised though.

And yeah this episode was truly heart warming and I am glad the sisters have bonded and I hope it doesn't break because Satsuki had another plan in mind which makes them go in conflict again D:....
Old 2014-03-13, 21:06   Link #24
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

This was such a great episode. It was great seeing Satsuki unwind a little. Her scenes with Ryuuko were great as well.

Plus, any episode with Fight Club Captain Mankanshoku Mako is automatically brilliant.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Old 2014-03-13, 21:07   Link #25
Death Usagi
Banned

Can't wait to see badass Mako fight against the Covers. She was already pretty powerful when she fought Ryuuko anyway.
Old 2014-03-13, 21:09   Link #26
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Nui's true nature finally shows itself. I'm amazed she can still create Shinra-Koketsu even without arms.

Glad to see Mako's not done fighting either. Huzzah for the return of the banchou uniform!

The setup for the final showdown is complete. So damn excited for next week.~
Old 2014-03-13, 21:24   Link #27
FlavoryFantasy
♪~Deculture~♪ (✿◠‿◠)

Glorious episode is glorious, truly makes the week wait torturous.

Mako returns with her banchou uniform! HELL YEAH! Really gave up any hope for that one.

Can't wait for next week!
Old 2014-03-13, 21:28   Link #28
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Great episode and all, but I really wish they did something about this face :

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2014-03-13, 21:34   Link #29
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei

The only way this could have been more perfect would have been giving Satsuki a smug grin and a nosebleed.
Old 2014-03-13, 21:44   Link #30
Tales
Don't lose you WAY

First Isshin destroyed one of Harime eyes and now Ryuuko destroyed her arms. Harime must be mad, very mad. And resilient too, sewing the Shinra-Koketsu with her mouth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
The only way this could have been more perfect would have been giving Satsuki a smug grin and a nosebleed.
Ahahaha! That would be amazing.
Old 2014-03-13, 21:50   Link #31
kivredia

That double transformation, the bonding, Mako in her Uniform. (Satsuki getting 10000 Deathflags)

Studio trigger pulling out all the stops. 2 more episodes, they better not screw this up
Old 2014-03-13, 22:01   Link #32
Entravity

I actually quite enjoyed this episode even though I didn't quite enjoy the previous few episodes as much as others have. The sister bonding is nice, and I'm a sucker for seeing everyone together having some fun.
Old 2014-03-13, 22:36   Link #33
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

I can't say enough about the supporting cast of this show. I'm glad my worries about the DBZ effect were completely shattered. They're truly fantastic and Trigger has done a fantastic job of ensuring they've been anything but sidelined this whole time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
That ending though, just when I thought all the cool stuff was over, Fight Club Mako is back.

Too bad its the 2* though, I think she earned her way to 3* like the rest of elite 4.
I'm thinking two stars is enough. Last time she wore the uniform and went all out, she nearly blew up the school with one punch. And now she just punched Cloth-zilla in the face too!

What a wonderful episode though. All of it comes to a head here, and I think the character development really pays off. That was some truly heartwarming stuff. Ryuko trying to call Satsuki "sister" was downright adorable.

My only criticism was that this is the first time I've really noticed the budget saving, because they didn't try to hide it. Saving it for an episode like this is smart though, since it doesn't need the effort in my opinion. Hopefully this means the final two episodes go all out. I want our Fight Club President to look her best!
Old 2014-03-13, 22:41   Link #34
LightDragonman

Gosh dang, this episode was awesome.

Also, am I alone in finding Ryuko and Satsuki's interactions beyond heartwarming there at the end?
Old 2014-03-13, 22:48   Link #35
MCAL

Satsuki is just so much better character than Ryuuko in just about every single way. In a way, this whole show sometimes feel more about her character development instead. It certainly comes about much more natural than Ryuuko. Such a shame she set up so much death flags this episode.

And yes, Bancho Mako is back in action!
Old 2014-03-13, 23:32   Link #36
Hero of the day
Masa~san <3

And here I thought the 2 stars completely vanished. Glad to see them aboard the naked-sun. Iori who is apparently a 3-star now melted my face (that transformation scene...that manly scream)

Everything was just right. It's been a long time since I had a big goofy grin on my face while watching an anime.
Old 2014-03-13, 23:32   Link #37
Death Usagi
Banned

Seriously can't wait for next episode...

And god if Satsuki dies, what will happen to Soroi, Iori and the Elite Four? D:...
Old 2014-03-13, 23:52   Link #38
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Fight Club Mako is BACK, Ryuuko gets to dual-wield the Scissor Blades, and Ryuuko tried to call Satsuki onee-chan. Highlights of the episode right there.

Seriously, though. There were too many great heartwarming moments between the characters. All that talk of incomprehensibility made this so great.

COVERS now reminds me way too much of Quat Nevas from Psyren. An alien who devours planets as an energy source and moves on to the next one.

And the Original Life Fiber is playing the role of Sankt Kaiser's Cradle.

Dem parallels. Still a 10/10 episode, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post

Ditto to that.
Old 2014-03-13, 23:56   Link #39
XFire
150% done

Sooooooo......

Harime gets her ass royally handed to her (I nearly died when Ryuko started stomping on her arms)

Ryuuko puts Senketsu on and waterworks ensue

Dual wield Scissor Blades

"N..n...nee-s..." *Epic Nosebleed*

Oh the nakamaness (eat your heart out Fairy Tail, this is how its done)

Elite Four antics, more Gamagoori-Mako shipping (didn't notice till HandOfFate pointed it out)

Satsuki ignoring being called a nudist (why was this so funny?)

And finally, MAKO GOT HER UNIFORM BACK!!!!!

10/10, I loved it all
Old 2014-03-14, 00:00   Link #40
TheGrandSage23
Salamander360

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
Satsuki is just so much better character than Ryuuko in just about every single way. In a way, this whole show sometimes feel more about her character development instead. It certainly comes about much more natural than Ryuuko. Such a shame she set up so much death flags this episode.

And yes, Bancho Mako is back in action!

highly disagree...Ryuko's character development was much more shown while Satsuki came very late in th series...Ryuko might have been a bit cliche(avenger to hero to villain and back to hero) but it felt a lot more natural than Satsuki. We saw what she went through..we saw her thoughts and what she wanted ..we saw her try to self improve and did it.. We see her fall/get corrupted but overcome.. I can't see how Satsuki's the better character..She's a good character but I can't say she's technically better

Tags
pure awesomeness