2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.43%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-09-18, 16:17   Link #41
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonneoPT View Post
No one here spoke of what was missing/happened after the talk between Subaru and Emilia..
No one except almost everyone? Have you even been paying attention to the discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonneoPT View Post
Seems to me people are just salty because someone did not like this happy bullshit ending in a series that used to "wow" me every time with some sick twists.
No... That's just you. In this thread I mean. I doubt you're the only one in the whole world, but most of the discussion has not been what you say it is.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-18, 16:29   Link #42
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

The thread is being locked for now while I review it for moderation review due the high number of people being unable to resist hinting about events not showing in this episode.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-18, 18:02   Link #43
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Thread is re-openned now after I deleted many hinting and off-topic tagents, and I'll remind people again that there is zero tolerance for hinting in the anime discussion threads. Talking about how something was left out or not quite shown, or etc is definitely considered hinting because it involves non-anime content. This is considered a warning against any further posts that have such hinting will not be given a warning but an infraction.

If you want to be talking about such things please use the please use the Re:Zero - Anime Spoilers & Speculation (for experienced Re:Zero readers only) thread instead, that's what it's for.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-18, 18:05   Link #44
foxbox360
New Age Badass

I'm cool with the ending, after all the crap he been though he deserve this ending and hope for season 2 in the future.
Old 2016-09-18, 18:10   Link #45
Peanutbutter

Good job to all the staff involved in this series. White Fox is now one of the studios I will follow in the future. Though some of the art in the episode looks rather slothful. Maybe they ran out of budget.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-18, 18:18   Link #46
Wandering Soul

Yeah, you could really tell that White Fox and the staff working on this were passionate when it came to this anime. Despite a few hiccups here and there, they did a fantastic job and proved that Re:zero was in good hands.
Old 2016-09-18, 18:47   Link #47
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Probably best anime of the year. However, I have some doubts: when Subaru called Betelgeuse Sloth, does he mean that there are other six deadly sins that might appear in the novel. Also, was it confirmed that the Witch Cult summoned Subaru to their world?
Old 2016-09-18, 18:51   Link #48
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
Yeah, you could really tell that White Fox and the staff working on this were passionate when it came to this anime. Despite a few hiccups here and there, they did a fantastic job and proved that Re:zero was in good hands.
They were very diligent.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-18, 18:52   Link #49
Narumi
*Fansubber

So in the end, what was the point of the bag of fire stones anyway, other than a plot device to bring Subaru to Emilia?

Were they maliciously set up by someone to explode? If so by whom? Or were they just carelessly left there and coincidentally started to become explosive when Subaru got to them?
Old 2016-09-18, 18:55   Link #50
Azurial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narumi View Post
So in the end, what was the point of the bag of fire stones anyway, other than a plot device to bring Subaru to Emilia?

Were they maliciously set up by someone to explode? If so by whom? Or were they just carelessly left there and coincidentally started to become explosive when Subaru got to them?
I'd say someone left it there to blow up the capital or kill Emilia I don't know but I think it was plan by some people. Patrasche is the MVP of this show no doubt I like how she risk her life for Subaru. at the explosive she use her back to block the blast from hitting Subaru it was so touching XD to see how Patrasche really royal to him.
Azurial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-18, 18:59   Link #51
Narumi
*Fansubber

Isn't it a bit troubling that no one had any idea the meaning behind it or how it became important, yet everyone is just happy with the ending
Old 2016-09-18, 19:04   Link #52
Applehell

Quote:

The fire mana stones where planned to be used against Emilia and villagers by the Witch Cult. Remember that huge explosion you saw back in ep 23 that wrecked most of the town? That was it being set off, by Ketty who brought them. Felix tried to subdued him in that same episode. Actually if you look back at episide 14, the town is burnt there too.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-18, 19:08   Link #53
Arkard

Quote:

Felis specifically mentioned that "the magic stones that were in the merchant's inventory are gone." So they were probably goods from a munitions merchant that got stolen and deliberately rigged to explode in that carriage. I believe Subaru used one of these same stones to break Betelguese's earth barrier so Julius could deal the final KO, so it's likely not an accident, they were clearly tampered with and hidden in a spot that can't reasonably be seen as anything other then a deliberate hiding spot. It also seems pretty obvious that they were intentionally set to explode, as for who set this trap, who knows, we have a lot of people who could potentially have wanted it to go off from the Witch's Cult to people that dislike Emilia for being a half elf.
Arkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-18, 19:31   Link #54
Narumi
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
The fire mana stones where planned to be used against Emilia and villagers by the Witch Cult. Remember that huge explosion you saw back in ep 23 that wrecked most of the town? That was it being set off, by Ketty who brought them.
Ah, that explains it. At least I can now put that plot point to rest in my head, thanks

Now if only something could be done about the other ones
Old 2016-09-18, 19:32   Link #55
Harbinger
Squirrel Master

An end to such a masterpiece. I hope that we get more... one day!

10/10 anime IMO.
Harbinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-18, 20:15   Link #56
Twi

The end feels like it could be more... definitive. I mean, why was there no Rem at the end? Either way, good anime. I've posted a review here for those interested.
Old 2016-09-18, 20:21   Link #57
SeaDoor

Thanks. I hope as the story continues that Patrasche doesn't get written out because she was such a delightful addition.

So now Puck... I get how OP Puck is suppose to be but how in the heck did he not sense the firestones when they were practically sitting on top of them? Also, his reminding Emilia that he was there for her and her alone in the latter part of this series began to feel less reassuring and more ominous.

Lastly, one of the things they accomplished is making me gun shy about characters just like GoT does. The absence of any mention of Rem over the last few episodes has me worried. I'd say screen time-wise that she was the second biggest character in the entire series and yet the series ended without even a simple curtain call for her.

Here's hoping for a beach episode OVA.
SeaDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-18, 20:56   Link #58
DemonneoPT

I don't know if it's just a coincidence but i found very peculiar when Subaru mentioned the two thousands reasons why he loves Emilia being oddly similar to the 2000 shadows Satela is able to create (as stated by Puck). At first i did not give it importance but i saw a comment of someone joking about it being the explanation of why Satella had that exact max ammount of dark hands is because she growed a shadow for each reason Subaru loves her, implying Emilia is actually the witch somehow. I never was a big fan of that theory myself since i think Emilia is probably not directly related to the witch at all but i have to admit it won some points now..lol.

Speaking of the witch, she was kinda cold for Betelgeuse especially after the stuff he said about her where he implies she did so much for him. If she is the type of person that gets bored after playing with a new toy for awile, i actually feel sorry for Subaru... i really thought she would be the true OTP for this series
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-18, 21:22   Link #59
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
The journey was certainly worth it. 9/10
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-18, 21:30   Link #60
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Subaru showing how manly he is

Go to miss Rem