Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-05-23, 10:04   Link #3281
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
Spoiler for 123:
No surprise there, Onodera chapters are a dime a dozen by now, well it's not like anything important ever happens in them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
Spoiler for 123:
Like I said, nothing happened, I fear for this manga sometimes.
Old 2014-05-23, 11:43   Link #3282
Johnny
Working the bags...

Rankings stay in the top ten and iirc the sales are decent as well. The anime probably helps with that. Plus I don't mind the fodder chapters since they're usually better than plot chapters...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 03:23   Link #3283
Kaengel
Chupa Chups Eater

What's annoying is that the pace of the manga really was fast at the beginning. I know the author wanted to avoid the destiny of most of the new series of the jump, being kicked out after 20 chapters, but dragging the manga at this point now is too much.
Old 2014-05-24, 06:01   Link #3284
ultimate_noob
Skwid Fan

Extra chapter is great. Komi should use Fuu-chan more.

Onodera need not fear about the future. It will come naturally.
Haru and Mamadera's reaction at the end is the best.
ultimate_noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 06:29   Link #3285
Death Usagi
Banned

Someone please get rid of the shy wall between Raku and Onodera!!! QQ
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 07:24   Link #3286
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimate_noob View Post
Onodera need not fear about the future. It will come naturally.
Haru and Mamadera's reaction at the end is the best.
It will come alright, but it may not be the future she wishes for. For one thing, if she doesn't act by the end of high school, she'll lose Raku.
Old 2014-05-24, 07:32   Link #3287
Kaengel
Chupa Chups Eater

Wonder if Nisekoi will follow the "first girl" rule. It be a great idea to not let win a girl from the "main" harem and have a character like Haru getting the prize
Old 2014-05-24, 08:20   Link #3288
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Nice little chapter. Though to be honest most people still don't know what they want to do at 25, much less 16 or 17.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlia View Post
Wonder if Nisekoi will follow the "first girl" rule. It be a great idea to not let win a girl from the "main" harem and have a character like Haru getting the prize
Haru belongs to Fuu-chan.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 10:08   Link #3289
Death Usagi
Banned

All those "First Girl wins" rule are annoying and makes a series too obvious...
Old 2014-05-24, 19:43   Link #3290
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

Quote:
But going against the canon is also really bad. The author should set it up more believably, because as of right now, Chitoge has had the most spotlight and development. The canon is in her favor, whether people like it or not.

Or you could be hipster and kill everyone in an alien invasion or terrorist attack. Thats totally original so it must be good!

Rules exist in mangas for a reason. It makes them relatable and something you can anticipate. I do not want to have Raku suddenly hook up with his grandpa, you know? I'd like some warning of some sort....
Old 2014-05-24, 20:35   Link #3291
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlia View Post
Quote:
Wait a minute, you do know that the "First Girl" is Onodera, right? He met her and knew her (childhood memories don't count) before the others.

Besides if he gets together with Onodera then we have the "He's so crazy and obsessed for this one girl that you even question why there are other girls when it's obvious they are not going to win" cliché, so right now she is two ending clichés.

Chitoge is more the "Girl who just transferred" cliché, but this changes it from "Him falling madly in love at first sight" to "They have to get to know each other to end up together".

Marika is the "crazy girl who doesn't have a chance" cliché taken to the extreme.

Tsugumi is the "Tough but actually a sweet girl" cliché, but I'm guessing the majority are going to overlook her because she doesn't have a key (with what we've seen there must be something about her, since there would be no reason to have her be one of the childhood friends and be part of the main cast).

And Yui is the "lovey-dovey teacher" cliché mixed with the "lovey-dovey onee-san" cliché.

Oh, I forgot to mention they are all his childhood friend, which means that this will break the childhood friend curse... for one girl, the other will fall into this cliché.

While I too get bored of cliché's we have to admit that we wouldn't have this or many of the other series we like if they didn't exist and besides Nisekoi changes those cliché's with unique personalities, except Onodera (she is like every other shy girl in anime, the only thing she has is her horrible yet beautiful cooking, just my opinion no need to get mad).

I guess harem end is this anime's only salvation if we want everyone to be pleased.

Last edited by Chosen_Hero; 2014-05-24 at 22:07.
Chosen_Hero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 21:11   Link #3292
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Yui is also considered as an overpowered onee-chan. Being very smart, overwhelmingly powerful, great personality, and very beautiful and attractive. Which is also a little common these years. And I can't tell whether it's a trope or a cliche.
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 22:06   Link #3293
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
Yui is also considered as an overpowered onee-chan. Being very smart, overwhelmingly powerful, great personality, and very beautiful and attractive. Which is also a little common these years. And I can't tell whether it's a trope or a cliche.
That's true, I had a difficult time trying to peg her with a cliché, so I went with the most common and easiest to mention for her.
Old 2014-05-25, 01:53   Link #3294
MAX_COLA_POWER!

We should hire Tsugumi to make a detailed chart explaining the standings of each girl in the series, their stats, their pros ans cons, etc.
Old 2014-05-25, 05:06   Link #3295
Kaengel
Chupa Chups Eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Wait a minute, you do know that the "First Girl" is Onodera, right? He met her and knew her (childhood memories don't count) before the others.
And I'll be even more annoyed if she's the one in the end.
Old 2014-05-25, 10:48   Link #3296
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

"First girl" trope usually refers to the very first girl making an appearance in the actual series, not in the backstory. That would be Chitoge. Even more so, in the presence of a new girl introduced in a fateful encounter , the childhood friend's (although technically Onodera isn't) chances are slim.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-25, 12:02   Link #3297
Shadow5YA

I liked what Ruri said in a few pages more than what the majority of the chapter spent on Kosaki.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-25, 16:01   Link #3298
Anime299

Allow me to drift around a bit. Who ends up with who is still very unclear for the primary players, but it seems to me that after Shuu's photo 'gift' to Ruri (of her and her grandfather) a little earlier, things will eventually develop as a ship there as well, like at graduation. Do we know what Shuu plans to be (probably a photographer of some type, I guess)?

This series is going so long because it covers three years, though obviously the time scale is in the hands of the author and he is using each episode to add a pixel or two to the overall picture, and he's not going to rush it too much. I've been tempted to go back and make a database of information provided in each episode and see if I can build a picture of what the author is working toward. The change in Chitoge's eye color was a jolt (and it is a fact that it can happen), as though the author had Onodera in mind, but as the story developed, Chitoge became stronger and stronger to the point she became a serious player by the R/J arc, rather than a foil to cloud the path to Onodera. My personal opinion is that he changed his mind about that point, and it is Onedera that is the the foil on the path to Raku/Chitoge.

One other item is the whole "multiple girls, multiple keys, but NOBODY remembers!" The fact that there were multiple keys has to mean something, such as what has been brought up as 'we'll all be friends forever' or something. Also the book with the missing ending - find another copy, or come across the missing page(s)!!!

Finally, Yui... I think her introduction, her possible knowledge of what happened back then and her question to Raku inidcate that things are going to start spiraling in for a conclusion. Just as the author doled out individual pieces for the puzzle until now, I think he's going to start pulling things together for the final 'design'. Frankly, unless they condense all the little pieces of information into a few episodes in for a two cour Season 2, either Yui's introduction, or her question to Raku about finding out the truth are natural breakpoints and cliffhangers for a Season 3.

Or maybe not! Whatever, 'nuf said, I just sit back and enjoy the manga and anime.
Anime299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-25, 17:24   Link #3299
Brin A'sair

I do not think that the locket contains a promise to marry any specific girl but instead a promise to marry all four. This has been a personal theory of mine since they found the story book.

In the story the four aid the protagonist in reaching the end, where he is supposed to have a happy ending with a fifth, but what little is recalled suggests that somehow the ending was sad and therefore it was changed. My theory is that the ending was changed from the protagonist being unable to marry the fifth to instead marrying all four that helped him on his journey. Thus all four keys are somehow needed together to unlock the locket, and within is a written promise to marry all four girls.

Therefore - in the present - the locket is a red herring, seemingly important but unable to actually resolve anything. Whether it is opened or not will not help in deciding which girl he ends up with.

Well, that is my theory, anyway.
Brin A'sair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-25, 18:06   Link #3300
Death Usagi
Banned

But a harem is impossible in the modern society O_O;;

Tags
harem, non-harem, romantic comedy, school life, shounen, slice of life