AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2008-02-04, 17:42   Link #81
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfl View Post
When I say ero-free, I also mean no nudity, no boobs, no fondling, no suggestive material at all besides kisses and strategic fade-outs. Is this the case?
Unfortunately, I don't have the game and I can't find videos of the game on the web, so I can't say...
Maybe someone else here has it.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-05, 00:51   Link #82
Chewy

Based on what I've seen, there are no nudity, no naked boobs, but it really depends on what you mean by suggestive material. You don't see anything, but Makoto talks about touching quite a lot (touching Sekai, touching Kotonoha... etc etc). You also get some conversation that could be interpreted as them sleeping together, but you don't see any of it, and no moaning or anything (ie: "you're so warm Makoto", "how many times has it been today" - they might have been talking about kissing here because Makoto says 8...). So based on what I've seen I highly doubt it'll go past what they showed in the anime.

You know what's funny ? Remember :

Spoiler for school days ending:
Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-05, 01:03   Link #83
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post

Is it the same for the other two endings? That would be so messed up if they did that to "Eien ni".

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-02-05, 03:10   Link #84
Chewy

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post

Is it the same for the other two endings? That would be so messed up if they did that to "Eien ni".
Oh they did it to "Eien ni" too. They simply skipped the scene where her head hits the ground and went directly to Sekai screaming from the freeze shot of her about to hit the ground. At least it wasn't as akward. Actually, they remade that ending by adding a little bit in the end. When Makoto is at the Kotonoha's grave, Sekai actually shows up. When he says he became a nurse for no particular reason, she reveals she got married, got a divorce soon after, got an abortion, visits the grave.... all for no particular reason too. It ends with Sekai walking away, saying "Even though the forecast calls for rain, the weather's real nice today, don't you think ?", possibly referencing Kotonoha smiling in the sky. The new ending is now "blue smile"
Old 2008-02-05, 10:52   Link #85
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

Quote:

THIS IS MADNESS!!
Old 2008-02-05, 11:05   Link #86
patnam

Quote:
Originally Posted by HashiriyaR32 View Post
THIS IS MADNESS!!
madness?
THIS IS SCHOOL DAYS!!!
patnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-05, 16:32   Link #87
CJL13
God of his own ego

Spoiler for ending:
CJL13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-05, 18:20   Link #88
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Oh they did it to "Eien ni" too. They simply skipped the scene where her head hits the ground and went directly to Sekai screaming from the freeze shot of her about to hit the ground. At least it wasn't as akward. Actually, they remade that ending by adding a little bit in the end. When Makoto is at the Kotonoha's grave, Sekai actually shows up. When he says he became a nurse for no particular reason, she reveals she got married, got a divorce soon after, got an abortion, visits the grave.... all for no particular reason too. It ends with Sekai walking away, saying "Even though the forecast calls for rain, the weather's real nice today, don't you think ?", possibly referencing Kotonoha smiling in the sky. The new ending is now "blue smile"
Seems like LxH is trying to make the Bad Ends even worse than originally...
As motivation for the player to not get the bad ends?...

Old 2008-02-07, 14:33   Link #89
AnimeFangirl

Consider me motivated. I was setting out to make Sekai happy anyway, which seems like the easiest ending to get. All this will have to wait till later anyway, but thanks for the answers.
Old 2008-02-08, 17:21   Link #90
Seigi

Am I the only one who's having problems with running School Days?
I received it today, and I can't play it with my PS2. It's a PAL one, so I'm using the magic swap.
I've done some researchs, and it appears that the magic swap doesn't run DVD9... Is School Days a DVD9?
If that's so, is there any way to play School Days, without buying a japanese PS2?
I've wanted to play this game for so long, so if I learn that I can't play it without a Japanese PS2 (which would be quite expensive), I think I'll kill myself, like some people do in School days...
Seigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-09, 02:18   Link #91
Gemmaknight22

school days is a dvd9 game. So yeah, like you said, swap magic won't work. The only thing you can do is mod your ps2, buy a jap ps2, or if you ever plan to buy a ps3, get a japanese ps3. ps3 games are region free, so it doesn't matter what region ps3 you get, but ps2 and ps1 games are still region lock. so if you want to run jap ps2 games with a ps3, you need a jap ps3.
Gemmaknight22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-09, 04:35   Link #92
Seigi

Oh, thanks for the answer.
I'm going to Japan this summer, so I guess I'll have to buy something.
I'm not really interested in PS3, but buying a PS2 just for a game wouldn't worth it...
Do you know how much a PS3 and a PS2 cost in Japan? I remember that the PS3 was way cheaper than here a year ago, but I don't know how it is now, and same goes for the PS2.

Anyway, thanks again for the quick answer !
Old 2008-02-09, 13:59   Link #93
relentlessflame

*Administrator

By the way, there also seems to be a way to do this with a different piece of software if you have a hard drive connected to your PS2. Look up HDAdvance and USBExtreme - just two examples I found by a quick Google search. If you have a PS2 with a network adapter you can load the hard drive that way, or you could just attach an external hard drive via USB. You have the tool copy the game to the hard drive, and from then on it plays from there, DVD-9 games included. I may actually look into these myself as I have a number of Japanese PS2 games, and this seems much, much better than the "swap trick" (which I hate!).

(Incidentally, for those who wonder about whether you're allowed to post about this, we should tread lightly. I wouldn't post any links to sites that sell this sort of stuff for obvious reasons. Supporting people who actually purchased the game is one thing, but discussing similar things to help pirates is a definite no-no. But purchasing the official merchandise is always encouraged on these boards.)
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-09, 14:13   Link #94
Gemmaknight22

I'm just wiki-ing this so I don't know how reliable it is, but it's a good ballpark compare to nothing.

PS2 is going at 16,000 yen
PS3
20GB version is 49,980 yen
40GB version is 39,980 yen
60GB version is 59,980 yen
and no information on the 80GB....not sure if it's even out in Japan.

I think Sony Japan announced that they are discontinuing the Japanese 20 and 60GB version back in January 2008. You probably can still find them, but it'll be hard. And I also have no idea why the 40GB version is cheaper than the 20GB version.
Gemmaknight22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-09, 15:03   Link #95
Chewy

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
By the way, there also seems to be a way to do this with a different piece of software if you have a hard drive connected to your PS2. Look up HDAdvance and USBExtreme - just two examples I found by a quick Google search. If you have a PS2 with a network adapter you can load the hard drive that way, or you could just attach an external hard drive via USB. You have the tool copy the game to the hard drive, and from then on it plays from there, DVD-9 games included. I may actually look into these myself as I have a number of Japanese PS2 games, and this seems much, much better than the "swap trick" (which I hate!).

(Incidentally, for those who wonder about whether you're allowed to post about this, we should tread lightly. I wouldn't post any links to sites that sell this sort of stuff for obvious reasons. Supporting people who actually purchased the game is one thing, but discussing similar things to help pirates is a definite no-no. But purchasing the official merchandise is always encouraged on these boards.)
This is what I do with my import games, and I can confirm Schools Days LxH does indeed work with this method using the latest version of hdloader (0.8b I think). It might be better to use WINHIIP to install the DVD-9 with your computer first.
Old 2008-02-09, 16:12   Link #96
Seigi

I didn't really understand how it worked since I'm not used to computer vocabulary in english (I wonder if I would have understood it anyway, since I've never heard of that kind of programs...) like "hard drive"...
But anyway, thanks a lot for the information ! I'll do some researchs about it, and I hope it won't be too difficult nor expensive if I have to buy some stuff or whatever.
But I guess it'll still be way cheaper than a PS2 or a PS3 ^^.
I'm glad to hear there's still a way for me to play the game.
Thanks again !

By the way, I tried to play the game with the newest swap magic, and it kinda worked. "kinda", because there were some freezing... I was like "darn, it works !!", but I guess it would just end after a few hours because of the DVD9.

PS3 is cheaper than I thought. Only 40 000 yens... I feel like making fun of those who bought it for 600 euros ^_^.

EDIT : Just another question, about School days.
Were the subs in the PC version too? I thought School Days didn't have any subtitles, so it was like a good surprise when I saw it actually had !
Old 2008-02-09, 16:58   Link #97
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seigi View Post
EDIT : Just another question, about School days.
Were the subs in the PC version too? I thought School Days didn't have any subtitles, so it was like a good surprise when I saw it actually had !
Yeah, the Japanese subtitles were in the PC version of the game -- you could toggle them on or off, I think.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 14:55   Link #98
Procura951

Hey there, I've an issue with the installation.

When it finish the install I get an "error" message that stands Microsoft.msxml2.publickeytoken and lots of numbers and then I can only press the OK button but then suprisingly it reverses my install and cancels it.

Here's a screenshot of it http://img148.imageshack.us/my.php?image=loldays3.jpg

Anyone got any idea? Any help would be helpful.
Procura951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-31, 01:22   Link #99
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

...Arrggh! What in the world?! Is there some sadist that worked on the PS2 (LxH) game?

I had time and found some new additions/endings that are PS2-only, and... Geez, maybe it is just that there are no videos for normal endings, but they sure like bad ends... and making the girls crazy. It wasn't enough having Kotonoha be the psycho, but even Sekai!

Spoiler for example:

Quote:
There was also the part where when she left without splashing the water, she says that the grave was smiling at her...

Old 2008-05-31, 09:52   Link #100
CJL13
God of his own ego

Uhhh, how CAN you win in the PS2 version?
CJL13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
school days hq english