AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2010-01-23, 23:48   Link #41
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
Great signature but, may I ask why slicing a signature in 4 if all the slices are in JPEG?
Old 2010-01-24, 00:10   Link #42
Aimingan12
Chibi's Bishie
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Aimingan12
Your sigs are amazing, I especially like the colors.

"All is lost."
Aimingan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-24, 10:43   Link #43
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Great signature but, may I ask why slicing a signature in 4 if all the slices are in JPEG?
Good question. My guess answer would be that each slice had a different level of compression to create a balance between size limit and visual quality. (That's why I would do such a thing anyway.)

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-24, 13:28   Link #44
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Good question. My guess answer would be that each slice had a different level of compression to create a balance between size limit and visual quality. (That's why I would do such a thing anyway.)
It's to keep the size within AS limit. For some reason, I get a smaller file size when this sig was saved as slices but a larger file when it was saved whole - even though I didn't change any of the quality settings. This is the first time I've encountered such a problem. If anyone knows the reason why, I'm all ears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimingan12 View Post
Your sigs are amazing, I especially like the colors.
Thanks!

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-24, 14:18   Link #45
LKK

Quote:
It's to keep the size within AS limit. For some reason, I get a smaller file size when this sig was saved as slices but a larger file when it was saved whole - even though I didn't change any of the quality settings. This is the first time I've encountered such a problem. If anyone knows the reason why, I'm all ears.
Well now. That's just weird. I'd be curious to know as well. Probably a result of internal compressing even though the compression rate is the same for all slices. Smaller pictures may result in smaller files sizes if the color range is less in the smaller picture than in the whole picture??

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2010-01-30, 03:18   Link #46
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Anyway, more sigs (being depressed really gets me in a creative mood...lol...or it just makes me procrastinate more ).

I've been playing around with new techniques. So things may be a bit crazy.

Again, I'm still playing around with the "lighting" technique in the first sig. I don't think it turned out half bad...even if I said so myself. OMG! I didn't know there's a male version of Black Rock Shooter? Included a Valentine's Day sig too. XD

Spoiler for sigs:

Quote:
Well now. That's just weird. I'd be curious to know as well. Probably a result of internal compressing even though the compression rate is the same for all slices. Smaller pictures may result in smaller files sizes if the color range is less in the smaller picture than in the whole picture??
I don't know anything about computer algorithms but if the algorithms are based on a size ratio, then that may explain it.

...on a side note, I think I need to revamp my very first post.

[/TH][/TR][/table]

Last edited by PreSage; 2010-02-19 at 20:57.
Old 2010-01-30, 17:45   Link #47
Aimingan12
Chibi's Bishie
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Aimingan12
Nice new sigs

"All is lost."
Aimingan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-30, 17:53   Link #48
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
OMG! I didn't know there's a male version of Black Rock Shooter?
THERE IS??? Ohohohoho~~~

Sigs look nice but on the first one the hair looks odd since it doesnt appear you cut out all the bg around it epsc on the right side. Effects are cool though.

The transparent effect is nice, I have yet to find a render where I can pull it off and not make the sig be so small like my Ciel one was.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-31, 00:32   Link #49
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

@Aimingan12: Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
THERE IS??? Ohohohoho~~~

Sigs look nice but on the first one the hair looks odd since it doesnt appear you cut out all the bg around it epsc on the right side. Effects are cool though.

The transparent effect is nice, I have yet to find a render where I can pull it off and not make the sig be so small like my Ciel one was.
Yup, but I could only find one picture of him so far. It's the one I used for the sig.

Ah, I see it now...fixed.

Try to minimize what you have as transparent - and then you have to minimize all the extras on the sig, too, to make the file size small enough.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2010-01-31, 03:51   Link #50
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:

I like this two.

But seriously, I just hate it when my computer fails to show all the images and thumbnails on a page. Had to refresh three times just to see your latest update.
Old 2010-02-13, 02:23   Link #51
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

An update.

February SOTM entry - Miku Hatsune theme:

First time I attempted at doing sig requests. I hesitated before because I was afraid I may not be good enough and people would say it sucks or something. So you can imagine how nervous I was when I gave it a go and did my first sig request on the sig request thread. I'm still fearful at how people would take it.

The first sig request I did and it was for caaivan

This one was requested by ACEZ1n7

Requested by KooRika: the image was cutoff on the sides so I had to find a way to hide that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
I like this two.

But seriously, I just hate it when my computer fails to show all the images and thumbnails on a page. Had to refresh three times just to see your latest update.
Thanks.

I sometimes had that problem with images not loading, too. I thought it was my computer but I guess it must have been the server, since you were having the same problem.

[/TH][/TR][/table]

Last edited by PreSage; 2010-02-19 at 01:49.
Old 2010-02-13, 13:01   Link #52
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

I love the blue effects on your Miku sig, howd you do it?

I like sig requests since it gives you some free reign to test some stuff. Im still surprised you didnt do the Hibari request
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2010-02-13, 21:17   Link #53
capture
Saber's Husband XD

Send a message via Yahoo to capture
Quote:

First time I attempted at doing sig requests. I hesitated before because I was afraid I may not be good enough and people would say it sucks or something. So you can imagine how nervous I was when I gave it a go and did my first sig request on the sig request thread. I'm still fearful at how people would take it.
I know that situation but doing some request can open yourself to new style in doing grafx ^^ and sometimes critics can make you persevere more , that's the positive side I think ^^

oh btw gudluck on your SOTM theme.. Looks like I need to cram since I havent doing my entry yet
Old 2010-02-21, 23:54   Link #54
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Made myself another sig (can you guess who, Bunbun? ;] ). I find it a bit hard to get back to the same pace of sig making as before after losing all my brushes and fonts because of a computer virus. So this sig was made starting from a blank slate basically.

Did some sig requests...seems like I've taken up the role of doing old requests that have been skipped. These weren't fancy since the requests were rather specific.

Requested by Kazu

Requested by milan kyuubi

Quote:
I love the blue effects on your Miku sig, howd you do it?

I like sig requests since it gives you some free reign to test some stuff. Im still surprised you didnt do the Hibari request
I found a really nice texture that I then tweaked with colours, layer properties, some brushes, erasing, and etc. I can't show you the specific steps because, sadly, I lost the PSD when my harddrive was reformatted.

Haha, like I posted in the sig request thread, I was having a hard time coming up with the right background for that Hibari pic but I knew if I waited long enough you'll get to him eventually. In fact, when I saw that request I was thinking 'Where is Bun?" ;D

Quote:
Originally Posted by capture View Post
I know that situation but doing some request can open yourself to new style in doing grafx ^^ and sometimes critics can make you persevere more , that's the positive side I think ^^

oh btw gudluck on your SOTM theme.. Looks like I need to cram since I havent doing my entry yet
You're right, the experience will certainly help but I still can't help but feel nervous. But people seem to like what I made for them so far, so I'm slowly gaining confidence.

I'm just entering SOTM for the fun and experience; I know I won't win , but thanks for the well wish. I love your entry, btw.

If anyone wonders why it takes me so long to reply in this thread, well, I usually reply when I have a sig to post up. I hesitate to post only replies here because I don't want to give the wrong impression that I'm bumping my thread. Maybe I'm too self-conscious. I'll try replying sooner.

[/TH][/TR][/table]

Last edited by PreSage; 2010-02-26 at 15:14.
Old 2010-02-22, 09:58   Link #55
LKK

Quote:
Made myself another sig (can you guess who, Bunbun? ;] ).
Since I'm not Bunbun, I don't have to guess, right? I can just flat out ask who?

Old 2010-02-22, 17:15   Link #56
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Since I'm not Bunbun, I don't have to guess, right? I can just flat out ask who?
Where's your sense of sport, Sensei?

Anyway, Bun is probably busy with other *ahem* matters. So I'll tell, he's Japan from Hetalia Axis Power. There are some really beautiful pics from this short series - although I never really got into watching it. Maybe...when I find the time. (Hmm, I think that will be my new slogan 'when I find the time' because it seems to stick with me so well. *rolls eyes*)

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2010-02-22, 17:24   Link #57
LKK

Hetalia? I watched some of the first season episodes. Never would have guessed Hetalia would be the source. (I thought he was likely from some game you had found.)

Old 2010-02-25, 05:52   Link #58
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Where's your sense of sport, Sensei?

Anyway, Bun is probably busy with other *ahem* matters. So I'll tell, he's Japan from Hetalia Axis Power. There are some really beautiful pics from this short series - although I never really got into watching it. Maybe...when I find the time. (Hmm, I think that will be my new slogan 'when I find the time' because it seems to stick with me so well. *rolls eyes*)
THAT MY NIHON!!!! WOW Props to the fanarts who did that. Ill say next to Reborn and now Drrr, Hetalia has some awesome fanarts around it since ppl either draw them as actuall guys/girls or stick to their normal vers but yeah ive seen some pretty hot pics of US.

You should watch Hetalia, its hilarious. Canada is adorable.

Can I see the source pic?
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2010-02-26, 14:31   Link #59
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Hetalia? I watched some of the first season episodes. Never would have guessed Hetalia would be the source. (I thought he was likely from some game you had found.)
Hetalia actually has a surprising number of really beautiful pictures. I should put those on my bishie comm one day.

Quote:
THAT MY NIHON!!!! WOW Props to the fanarts who did that. Ill say next to Reborn and now Drrr, Hetalia has some awesome fanarts around it since ppl either draw them as actuall guys/girls or stick to their normal vers but yeah ive seen some pretty hot pics of US.

You should watch Hetalia, its hilarious. Canada is adorable.

Can I see the source pic?
I think it's actually an official pic.

Ah, Drrr...I've got a bunch of really hot pics of those guys - when I find time I'll make some sigs of them (and post them on my comm. ;D ) I also read the first few chaps of the manga - looks interesting, so need time to watch anime. *sigh*

Canada is always adorable. :/ I haven't had time to watch any anime for months now.

Spoiler for source pic:

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2010-03-19, 22:00   Link #60
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Um...can I double post here?

Anyway, finally got time to make myself a new sig, and it just happens to be from DRRR!!

Is it just me or does 48.8 kb doesn't work anymore for imageshack? I uploaded several sigs with 48.5 or 48.6 kb and imageshack would load more memory on and I end up with over 50 kb?

[/TH][/TR][/table]

Tags
avatars, banners, icons, signatures