Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-07-23, 23:54   Link #1101
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Quote:
Originally Posted by surerman View Post
talk about special forces in Japanese squadron....a rumor in my society said some of young Killers reported to Boss that A LOT of troop sent to give support at Tsunami disaster at Aceh-Indonesia actually Ninja in disguise.
You probably mean these ninjas.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-24, 01:49   Link #1102
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
So... I'm avoiding looking at the other posts in order to avoid spoilers, and I'm curious about this series, but I have a question or so that you guys should hopefully be able to answer (even if some of it has to be in spoiler tags) before I start getting into this

First and foremost, do they try to make any of the zombies attractive? I can put up with a lot of stuff in terms of attractive women, from ghosts to demons to all sorts of supernatural beings, but for some reason, a zombie is a walking corpse trying to kill you to me, and I just can't change my view on this

second, are there any major deaths/people getting turned into zombies that affect the romance in this? Call me a sap, but I prefer happy romances...

I do love ecchi (a major part of why I'm trying to get into this), and a good plot is always on the plus side... so based on what I've asked, you gusy think you can give me a hand and say whether this manga is for me or not?

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-24, 02:41   Link #1103
Arturro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
First and foremost, do they try to make any of the zombies attractive? I can put up with a lot of stuff in terms of attractive women, from ghosts to demons to all sorts of supernatural beings, but for some reason, a zombie is a walking corpse trying to kill you to me, and I just can't change my view on this
This manga is inspired by Romero and other zombie movies. Zobies here are terryfing monster.

Quote:
second, are there any major deaths/people getting turned into zombies that affect the romance in this? Call me a sap, but I prefer happy romances...
Yes, a few actually... Important for character development, which is, IMHO, second strongest part of this manga after art.

Quote:
I do love ecchi (a major part of why I'm trying to get into this), and a good plot is always on the plus side... so based on what I've asked, you gusy think you can give me a hand and say whether this manga is for me or not?
Mangaka of HotD is a former hentai artist. A good one. I think it's an answer for yours question

Arturro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-24, 02:41   Link #1104
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmoof View Post
Well that sucks.
it does. since now Groups like XLG have decided not to translate hotd anymore.
Angrypokstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-24, 02:44   Link #1105
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Wait what?
XLG stopped?

OH SHI- .. they like the only one subbing the manga yes? and if they stopped >.>
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-24, 02:45   Link #1106
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
I'm not sure... Every female character so far, important or not, are at least average-looking to very pretty. If they've been zombified, they'll definitely look the part, but they will naturally retain some measure of their human form.

With that said, I don't recall any female zombie fanservice with bouncing boobs, or anything like that; however, others might correct on me this one.

Quote:
Well, I don't know how far you'd like to be spoiled, so let's put it this way:

Every major female character (in Takashi's group) is still alive, and so far there have been no major casualties among the two guys. Hirano however, is affected by the death of a significant person.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-24, 02:51   Link #1107
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
Wait what?
XLG stopped?

OH SHI- .. they like the only one subbing the manga yes? and if they stopped >.>
this is due to the war..... if they license it.... it means scanlators cant touch it anymore and will have to buy it from the publishers themselves.....

ffffffuuuu-
Old 2010-07-24, 04:13   Link #1108
Xacual

Damn it, I knew I should have downloaded it all sooner. They already removed all the links too.

Edit: I looked around the Yen Press site but couldn't find anything, anyone know when the first volume might come out?

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy

Last edited by Xacual; 2010-07-24 at 04:35.
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-24, 16:33   Link #1109
Jin Kizuite
Guns Galore!

Send a message via MSN to Jin Kizuite
Quote:
There are some zombies in like, fit clothing. I dunno if i'm just a perv or anything but most of their below face features are quite sexy with shreaded clothing and all. It's like in "scary movies" where the black guy bangs the ghost with a bag over her head coz her body was fit.

Of course it's still off-putting if the bite / rip infection are around where your eyes are naturally lead to. In a large majority of zombies the infected area looks very gory, might be censored in the anime.

Credit @ fallschirmjager
Jin Kizuite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-24, 18:52   Link #1110
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Damn it, I knew I should have downloaded it all sooner. They already removed all the links too.

Edit: I looked around the Yen Press site but couldn't find anything, anyone know when the first volume might come out?
A year or more. Takes American companies forever to start a series once they license it.

Ever since the new coalition(American companies are helping Japanese companies try and stop scanlations) a bunch of groups have stopped, even for unlicensed material, and they have shut down several online viewers(can't say as I will get banned). Sucks for tech retards like me who could never figure out things like IRC and always got myself banned.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-24, 19:54   Link #1111
lightbringer
M9000

This manga deserved to be licensed. Can't wait to buy it. It'll be annoying waiting for them to catch up though, will probably take at least two years.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-25, 19:10   Link #1112
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post

Don't worry I'm sure someone will continue to scan it so naturally someone is going to translate it we just have to wait and see...I'm also glad that I started collecting chapters when they first started scan.
Old 2010-07-25, 20:46   Link #1113
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Good and BAD too see it's licensed. The good a new manga to read and collect.

The bad....Welll things Iam hoping for is that the PUBLISHERS the licensed the manga would do a good job of translating, COLORED PAGES REMAIN COLORED, manga specials are intact and pretty much that's it.

Anyways haven't read the manga yet will be just buying it later. Thanks XLG of the amazon links Will be getting it there. More months to wait.....
Old 2010-07-25, 23:15   Link #1114
Fawx9

Well with episode 4 we got to see Rika in the PV. So at the very least she is going to be mentioned. They also continue to stick with the 1 chapter per episode format, so chances of a second season are growing since I don't see them neatly wrapping everything up if they continue like this for another 2 episodes as they'd need to rewrite a bunch of stuff after that.
Fawx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-25, 23:57   Link #1115
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawx9 View Post
Well with episode 4 we got to see Rika in the PV. So at the very least she is going to be mentioned. They also continue to stick with the 1 chapter per episode format, so chances of a second season are growing since I don't see them neatly wrapping everything up if they continue like this for another 2 episodes as they'd need to rewrite a bunch of stuff after that.
We had her seyu from the start, lol.

I like everything about ep.4, but the scene where he smashes the cash register
Old 2010-07-26, 10:34   Link #1116
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
This manga deserved to be licensed. Can't wait to buy it. It'll be annoying waiting for them to catch up though, will probably take at least two years.
I personally don't care about the wait. What i do care about is whether it gets censored(even slightly). If it is, I'll probably not bother buying it.
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-26, 11:11   Link #1117
karuroso

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
this is due to the war..... if they license it.... it means scanlators cant touch it anymore and will have to buy it from the publishers themselves.....

ffffffuuuu-
I wonder why they always think that everyone lives in the US when something is licensed...
karuroso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-26, 11:16   Link #1118
Jarmel

Well this is great news, now there is a possibility I won't see a new chapter for three or four more years. They should have done the license during the hiatus so the potential wait won't be so insane.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-26, 11:36   Link #1119
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSama View Post
I personally don't care about the wait. What i do care about is whether it gets censored(even slightly). If it is, I'll probably not bother buying it.
+1.. It so damn annoying >.>
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-26, 16:14   Link #1120
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by karuroso View Post
I wonder why they always think that everyone lives in the US when something is licensed...
This site, as well as most scanlators usually drop a title when it is licensed in the US, due to the extreme resources American companies have. Japanese companies have a hard time getting outside nations(At least until a few weeks ago) to respect their copyright laws, yet most nations(At least in NATO, the EU, and other close tied to the US nations) respect American copyrights. So when a title is licensed by an American company, they CAN reach the people in Europe, Canada, etc. legally(By going through that respective government). Also, US companies usually sell their licensed material(In English) in the other English nations, or give a license to a company is said nation).

The point is, it is MUCH, MUCH, harder to fight and ignore the American legal system than it is the Japanese legal system because the US has such a long reach. Russia and China does not respect US copyright laws, but how many groups from these nations do you see scanlating into English.

Also, censorship does suck, lets hope this isn't. The US has pretty weak censorship laws, but some companies personally choose to censor it.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, author died, ecchi, gun pr0n, harem, horror, inazuma, shounen, torpedo tits, zombies