AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-12-07, 20:42   Link #241
pyu
Crouchety Old Man

Send a message via MSN to pyu
Chapter 136...

Spoiler:

I personally think Aya is very dishonest with herself. She might be able to decieve everyone, but is it worth being so miserable? *SIGH*
Old 2004-12-07, 20:57   Link #242
Cornel

Can someone answer me the question of why Kitaooji likes Manaka? I am at chapter 91, but the only thing I can come up with is that he doesn't pay enough attention to her and that makes her compete for his affection.
Old 2004-12-07, 22:38   Link #243
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyu
I personally think Aya is very dishonest with herself. She might be able to decieve everyone, but is it worth being so miserable? *SIGH*
MY GAWDO...my bad feelings came true! >_<

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornel
Can someone answer me the question of why Kitaooji likes Manaka? I am at chapter 91, but the only thing I can come up with is that he doesn't pay enough attention to her and that makes her compete for his affection.
She likes him because he makes her happy? Besides, they both enjoy each others' presence...until Satsuki began her body-attack, of course. ^_^;;
Old 2004-12-07, 23:23   Link #244
JokerD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornel
Both of them shares the same interests in shows and such things as I recall. They spent a lot of time together back when Manaka broke his finger. And she feels happy and natural when she's with Manaka.

Bsides, is there really an explaination for the Manaka 'charm'.
Old 2004-12-08, 00:33   Link #245
Cornel

I thought that Manaka was sprewing charm when he asked that first girl out. I think that every girl likes him for different reasons, but I still think that Kitaooji is a bit too extreme in her feelings. They are sort of out of proportion with what has happened between them and that he has admitted to her that he has three girls on his mind. But, this may be explained by her determination to get what she wants.

Actually, to really understand a series, I have to go to topics like this and re-read some of the chapters. I like the series, and think it is not so extreme as other love/comedies. I would say the most distracting component for me in this manga is that well, the names, and secondary female characters that well, do impact Manaka's relationship with the main three girls he likes, but aren't so great in and of themselves.
Old 2004-12-08, 19:00   Link #246
huh

hmm,i wonder y did Tsukasa come back,is there a reason.

maybe
Spoiler:
Old 2004-12-09, 07:19   Link #247
pyu
Crouchety Old Man

I would say there's only two serious contenders for Manaka's heart -> Tsukasa and Aya. Almost every Tsukasa-Manaka date/event/moment together has brought them closer together since their break-up. Personally, I like Tsukasa as she's honest and direct, though much less agressive than Kitaooji.

As for Aya, she is the one who started out with Manaka on his grand dream to become a film maker. She's definitely someone special to him. The trend probably states that Aya would be the girl that hooks up with Manaka, but I guess the mangaka is milking it for all its worth now...

Aya is almost Miss Perfect in the stereotypical Japanese otaku sense. She's not very good at being honest emotionally, but I think that's part of that stereotype too...

The rest of the girls, I don't think they have a chance really if you go by this using logic . Perhaps if we see a change in Kitaooji's behavior - she was just too agressive and was much more likeable before declaring her undying affection for Manaka.

As for Manaka himself, I agree he's nothing special - except somehow, he manages to charm most of the pretty girls in his life. But then again, that's another cliche of the harem genre I guess.
Old 2004-12-12, 21:19   Link #248
jhcl

i hope the mangaka releases 2 alternate endings so she can milk the series for all its worth and everyone can be happy.

But Im really only saying this cos i want him to end up with tsukasa but no matter how you look at it it will be aya. ..
Old 2004-12-12, 23:38   Link #249
haunterex

Send a message via ICQ to haunterex
ichigo started out as one of my recent favorite manga... but it's like chapter 136 already... and the story still drags on and on and on.... god damn it, he is about to grad from high school and he still hasnt the courage to kiss the girls he like....
and everytime a girl confess or some dramatic thing happen, the author just make it sounds like a joke in the next chapter and things just continue on as if nothing happened.......
it about time manaka make some dramatic moves instead of his usual stupid stunned-horny-smile reaction...
Old 2004-12-13, 23:03   Link #250
Phantom Blade

anyone know where i can get beyond chpt. 92 scanalated?
im on 92 and yanime hasnt released an scans after tat.
Old 2004-12-13, 23:38   Link #251
pyu
Crouchety Old Man

Chapter 137 >>

Spoiler:

Personally, I find Manaka's high level of discomfort around Tsukasa to be contradictory when they were so comfortable together on their date earlier in the previous chapters..
Old 2004-12-14, 02:51   Link #252
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyu
Personally, I find Manaka's high level of discomfort around Tsukasa to be contradictory when they were so comfortable together on their date earlier in the previous chapters..
Can you say "guilty"...?
Old 2004-12-14, 05:37   Link #253
JokerD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom Blade
For english, Yanime + whichever group has only released up to chapt 92. For anything later than that you will either have to know Japanese, Chinese or Korean.

Spoiler:
Old 2004-12-14, 06:30   Link #254
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Quote:

Be patient with us. Its finals week and our staff is pretty swamped right now. I proofed a chapter on Ichigo and I'm going to do a couple more, but I have two other series I'm in charge of translating right now
Old 2004-12-14, 07:05   Link #255
Calca
Expressionless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roots
Be patient with us. Its finals week and our staff is pretty swamped right now. I proofed a chapter on Ichigo and I'm going to do a couple more, but I have two other series I'm in charge of translating right now
What the hell? You're supposed to be doing School Rumble! What are you the only staff member on the team?
Old 2004-12-14, 09:36   Link #256
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetor
What the hell? You're supposed to be doing School Rumble! What are you the only staff member on the team?

Of course not. I'm just the only member on the team right now done with classes for the semester. Don't worry, SR is coming along and you'll see a new release soon.
Old 2004-12-14, 19:27   Link #257
Phantom Blade

Quote:
oh, i was just wondering since ive only started reading it like this weekend so i just wanted to know if there was some other source.

btw: on yanime.com the chpt 92 link isnt working.
Old 2004-12-14, 19:47   Link #258
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Quote:
oh, i was just wondering since ive only started reading it like this weekend so i just wanted to know if there was some other source.

btw: on yanime.com the chpt 92 link isnt working.
That's because we haven't put it on the site yet. You can get chapter 92 from our IRC channel at #yanime on irc.irchighway.net. If you can't get on IRC, you'll just have to wait until we put it on the site.
Old 2004-12-15, 00:17   Link #259
Phantom Blade

Quote:
That's because we haven't put it on the site yet. You can get chapter 92 from our IRC channel at #yanime on irc.irchighway.net. If you can't get on IRC, you'll just have to wait until we put it on the site.
thanks, i managed from bittorrent on the partner site.
thanks for the scans! we appreciate it.
Old 2004-12-22, 07:46   Link #260
pyu
Crouchety Old Man

138. More wacky hijinks.

Spoiler:
Closed Thread

Tags
drama, perverted, romance, shounen