AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

View Poll Results: My-Otome Episode 21 Rating
Perfect 10 19 14.50%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 29 22.14%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 31 23.66%
7 out of 10 : Good 35 26.72%
6 out of 10 : Average 12 9.16%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 3.05%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.76%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-03-02, 23:24   Link #81
Kenji_Chaos

i will give a 9/10 as well..
looks good..
darn i relli hope that they would just tell us who is the really princess!!
Old 2006-03-02, 23:24   Link #82
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraDouji
Short and simple? I enjoyed this episode.

Now, I have to admit when I'm out of my league, and Yuri is certainly out of my league, so can some please explain to me just what the heck all those toys and the vieled commentary is supposed to be hinting at between Shizuru and Tomoe?

- Kira
Shizuru's having a baby! Nah, I dunno.

Is anyone else just a tad bit annoyed by Arika's reused footage for her Meister thingy.
Old 2006-03-02, 23:32   Link #83
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya
Is anyone else just a tad bit annoyed by Arika's reused footage for her Meister thingy.
Haven't seen it yet but I can safely say I won't be annoyed. I'm too familiar with reused footage.
Old 2006-03-02, 23:34   Link #84
ArchDragon
The Ultimate Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw
I somewhat agree with you here, however that REM deivce is extremely important to the Aswald as well as Midori, and could have pretty bad effects on their village, if isn't returned soon.
I don't think that's her top priority, at least no review mention it thus far.
Besides, if that's her objective, shouldn't she scout around first before coming in full force?
Just like when Rad tried to find the hidden passage underneath Fuuka castle.
There was only him and Midori around, and they're riding on camels instead of Childs.

Quote:
I think she just wanted Arika and Mashiro to go with her, since a Meister's power should be more sufficient, there is no need for the whole gang to go. Look at the fight in episode 17 when it was just Natsuki and Shizuru against all 5 of them without breaking a sweat, for example.
That's a possibility, but again, it seems like Midori simply wants to attack with as much force as possible.
She really need to learn about balance.
Old 2006-03-03, 00:53   Link #85
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
I don't know about you guys but for some reason I feel satisifed watching Mimi get axed off like that.

I just hated that girl, I dunno why.
Old 2006-03-03, 03:11   Link #86
Lackadaisical

I don't see Midori as having much of a choice in this regard.

Aswald, as mentioned, has no allies. It also was not at war within any nations in truth up until now.

Cardair is probably one of the most powerful nations. Aswald is, in effect, five otome level cyborgs and a handful of outcasts. We aren't exactly talking about a nation that can survive a long and hard fight with Cardair.

Aswald, although it is not actively at war with anyone, is likely to have a lot of enemies if they have a habit of going to other countries, searching for lost technology without regard to the countries' rights or opinions, and then leaving. Imagine if Aswald was a group on Earth going around taking nuclear technology as they wished. Aswald wouldn't have many friends even if people didn't spend all their time seeking them out.

If Aswald stays at the village it is effectively stalemated by Cardair. Aswald can't leave the village so long as Cardair might attack. By staying at the village they can protect it, but by staying at the village they Cardair has all the time in the world to implement REM technology. If Midori thinks she needs all four cyborgs with her to defeat Cardair's Otome then what chance does Midori have against Fia and a army of cyborgs?

If they wait at the village, Cardair will become absurdly stronger. Their only choice is to launch a all out assualt against Cardair to bring the war to the end before Cardair can bring to bear its vastly superior resources and now equal technological level. Aswald is essentially destroyed if Cardair imploys REM.

It may seem foolish to abandon defense in favor of attack but Aswald has no choice at this point. If they wait Cardair will grow to strong to be opposed. Even if Cardair decides not to use the new army with the REM data against Aswald, Aswald will never be able to fight Cardair. As such, while Cardair could attack Garderobe and take the technolgy, Aswald would never be able to because Cardair will now be superior because of equal technology and superior numbers.

At this point, Midori has no choice but to put her villagers at risk and attack. If she waits they will either be killed by Cardair or forever stopped from gaining Garderobe's technology unless they kneel to Cardair.
Old 2006-03-03, 03:18   Link #87
Tiberium Wolf

I still dont get it!

Why does Mai have the robe on with the cooking tools in preview! Was she saving gas or whatever they use to heat up things?
Old 2006-03-03, 03:25   Link #88
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf
I still dont get it!

Why does Mai have the robe on with the cooking tools in preview! Was she saving gas or whatever they use to heat up things?
I think they're revealing Mai's secret fetish and why she hasn't appeared in the series up to this point. You'll notice she's pissed off because she's been caught in front of the camera.
Old 2006-03-03, 03:39   Link #89
Tiberium Wolf

Fetish? LOL

Anyway I was talking about Mai using her fire abilities to do some savings!
Old 2006-03-03, 03:44   Link #90
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf
Fetish? LOL

Anyway I was talking about Mai using her fire abilities to do some savings!
Well judging from the OP I wonder if her fire attack is good to use when cooking?

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Old 2006-03-03, 04:07   Link #91
ArchDragon
The Ultimate Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lackadaisical
Spoiler:
This is where I think she lacks strategic planning.
Midori's REM only lasts 300 seconds, not enough time to take down a Meister.
Especially if you take into account the fact that none of them can fly, while Meisters excell in airborne combat.
And except for Gal, which seems to be the weakest among them, none of them has effective long range weapons.
Now their childs can fly, but it's like trying to ram speed boats with battleships.

Once Midori's REM breaks, she becomes a sitting duck.
They'll have to either retreat or risk losing Midori, their leader.
This is why Midori wants Arika's help, she needs someone to knock Fia out of the air so the Aswad can finish her off quickly.

IMO, their current situation calls for a covert operation.
Similar to what Rad tried to do early on under the Fuuka castle.
A headlong strike might fit the Aswad better, but it's certainly NOT their best option.
Old 2006-03-03, 04:28   Link #92
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Mai's back. The tides of battle has turned! That's all I can say about this one. Either way it will go ill for Nagi and Shwartz anyway....

Now let's see how these poor girls will react when my beloved Mai comes along....

GO MAI! KICK SLAVE BUTT WITH A WOK!
Old 2006-03-03, 06:39   Link #93
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaca
Mai's back. The tides of battle has turned! That's all I can say about this one. Either way it will go ill for Nagi and Shwartz anyway....

Now let's see how these poor girls will react when my beloved Mai comes along....

GO MAI! KICK SLAVE BUTT WITH A WOK!
The wok and ladle are just her training items.

And if she is indeed cooking for Mikoto of all people, she'd need all the stoves and fire she could get to keep her fed - only a Meister could do that.
Old 2006-03-03, 07:24   Link #94
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last_Hope
Well judging from the OP I wonder if her fire attack is good to use when cooking?
Just remember not to ask for your meat to be serve half rare or sushi ... Best to ask for a fully cook barbecue ... Im sure it'll be fine

@ L_H : Got trashed by Ireland???
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2006-03-03, 07:28   Link #95
ShinigamiRukia
Ketchup Drinker

Send a message via MSN to ShinigamiRukia
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness
I don't know about you guys but for some reason I feel satisifed watching Mimi get axed off like that.

I just hated that girl, I dunno why.
She kinda got on my bad side also, cuz of the way she was when aoi threw herself, but i couldent help but nearly die laughing wjen she went flying onto the air. it just looked so funny. Also i think mashiro should just keep being the queen anyone else agree?

Thanks mangalowres for the avatar ^^
Thanks vandakiara
for the sig. ^^
Old 2006-03-03, 07:56   Link #96
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto
Just remember not to ask for your meat to be serve half rare or sushi ... Best to ask for a fully cook barbecue ... Im sure it'll be fine

@ L_H : Got trashed by Ireland???
Ah, I actually preferr my stake rare or medium-rare. Guess I´ll have to go with chicken then. I suppose the birdflu virus will die when she´s done with the course...

I haven´t seen the episode yet but is that Aoi lying in the bed with Chie watching?

Yeah we really were and here is the reason why.

Petter Hansson, Kim Källström, Tobias Linderoth (the central line against Ireland) and Alexander Östlund. These players are always worthless in the national team but they still get picked every single time... I want Lars Lagerbäck (the manager) to get fired! We could have had a chance to go really far in the World Cup but with him as the manager... We won´t make it past the group stage! We have the players but with a coach unable to do changes midgame to change the game to our favour...

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Old 2006-03-03, 08:26   Link #97
Mirtual

First, it was a rather nice episode. Somehow the whole thing was a "turning-" and "startpoint" for the final of Otome.
I don't have a problem with the reuse of footage for Arika since she only finished some random grunt enemy.
The thing I do have a little problem with is the lack of real Otome fights. Not that I would be such an action fanatic, but it would be nice to see some real Otome action at least once. The only interesting fights fights in my point of view were the very short Rado vs Shizuru and Arika vs Nina (first one with the coral robes).

Why is Mai wearing a robe?
Since the bad guys EMPed the academy and all the other pillars can't use their robes right now, how come she can do it?

What was that scene supposed to tell us where Shizuru is sitting on the bed with all that toys? I don't get it...

What was that scene where Nina attacks Mikoto and we see that statue being cut in half supposed to mean or show?
Old 2006-03-03, 09:42   Link #98
DwArD
mAnIaC

Those cat figures most probably represent Mikoto's clone or something. Thats the best I can come up with. And the cat Mikoto and the human Mikoto...they're either related or they're the same person. I'm sure another of the cat figure will just break if the cat Mikoto were to die or something.
Old 2006-03-03, 10:07   Link #99
KiraDouji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirtual
Why is Mai wearing a robe?
Since the bad guys EMPed the academy and all the other pillars can't use their robes right now, how come she can do it?

What was that scene supposed to tell us where Shizuru is sitting on the bed with all that toys? I don't get it...

What was that scene where Nina attacks Mikoto and we see that statue being cut in
half supposed to mean or show?
1. Mai can wear her robe because she's not connected to Shinso. It's the same reason Arika, Fia, Haruka, and Nina can wear their robes: they are connected through their individual GEMs to a master still fully functioning. All the teachers and pillars were connected to Shinso as if Shinso were their master, thus when Shinso was "short circuited" they can no longer acquire "permission" to materialize. The other caveat to this, of course, is that Mai found some way to activate the robe without acquiring a master.

2. I have no CLUE about the toys. Believe me, I asked too.

3. My guess is that "shadow mikoto" is linked with every cat statue shown there. Probably something along the lines of: when every statue is broken, Mikoto will show up. Just my guess though.

- Kira
Old 2006-03-03, 11:23   Link #100
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinigamiRukia
She kinda got on my bad side also, cuz of the way she was when aoi threw herself, but i couldent help but nearly die laughing wjen she went flying onto the air. it just looked so funny. Also i think mashiro should just keep being the queen anyone else agree?
Maybe, but I think it's something else, maybe her attitude.

I think by the end of the series despite whether or not Mashiro is the queen she'll end up being the queen anyways. She's now on the path to being a good leader.
Closed Thread