AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2012-03-01, 11:07   Link #261
marvelB

Yeah, I'm hoping these DLC updates means missing arcs will be included, as well. Either that, or at least additional bosses to fight/play as. Still crossing my fingers for Foxy and Moria.....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 16:37   Link #262
yakumo-chan

this is the channel for the Playthrough
some one already uploaded a playthrough

http://www.youtube.com/user/downtimejapan

so far i kinda dont like it, it doesnt suite my taste,, but thats just me.. please dont be offended.
I still think it would be better if the game has an adventure feeling where you can explore islands and towns....
also, I find the music kinda reppetitive, and the battle music for the boss fight doesnt fits in
Old 2012-03-02, 02:15   Link #263
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Found somethings interesting about the game today...

- Taunting changes your costume. Luffy puts on his hat, Zoro puts on his bandanna, Nami puts on glasses, Sanji buttons up his jacket and adjusts his tie, Robin puts on a cowboy hat, and Brook adjusts his hat.

- Apparantly characters get a stats boost on their birthdays..... so Sanji would be getting a stats boost today~

Last edited by SOGESNAKE; 2012-03-02 at 04:43.
SOGESNAKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-02, 15:17   Link #264
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumo-chan View Post
so far i kinda dont like it, it doesnt suite my taste,, but thats just me.. please dont be offended.

Nah, don't worry. Admittedly I can't speak for everyone else around these parts, but I know that there's a LOT of people who aren't very fond of Dynasty Warriors or its spinoffs/offshoots. Personally, I think musou gameplay fits OP quite well, but I do also agree with you that the adventure elements could have been implemented better. Well, who knows what changes the inevitable sequels will bring, eh?
Old 2012-03-02, 23:52   Link #265
Undertaker

Well, Musou games has always been type of game you either love or hate it. I also agree that the platform/adventure part could be better though I can understand the problems and difficulties of trying to mush both genre together. As same time I still can't picture OP being an RPG or even an action RPG at the without felling worse than just being a Musou game or even an adventure game like the Unlimited Franchise.
Old 2012-03-03, 02:42   Link #266
yakumo-chan

Have you guys seen Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2?
here is the video

this game has an adventure feeling, its like you are playing final fantasy for some reason... and the music fits well in the game.

there are also items in this game...

I hope there will be a One Piece game Just like this, and it would be better since you travel by a ship, explore filler dungeons, islands and towns....
the normal opponents in the game?
1.there are many strong animals in One Piece world
2.Marine soldiers
3.Sea kings
4.Pirates
One Piece is perfect for this, Since One Piece's Original theme is all about 'Adventure'
the only thing that I cant picture is how the equipment system will be, since Robin doesnt use a Weapon...

well if you compare it to Persona 4,
in the anime they dont wear Armors, but in the game they do

Last edited by yakumo-chan; 2012-03-03 at 03:02.
yakumo-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-03, 04:07   Link #267
Undertaker

Still not to hot about that. Besides that game is not RPG but a fighting game. The problem with that game is that Naruto has a base that act as hub city (the village) and while there are some dungeon and materials to get, there is really nothing else to do. Musou games also has item gathering elements as well. And we know that Kaizoku Musou has a coin system and that you need to collect as power-up/equipment.

As for the battle part, in that game all the battle are predetermined and mostly prescript. Noted that game didn't have any noob/random battles as well. Personally I still prefer Musou's one-on-one and hack-slash format.

The problem with your setting is that if you construct the game that way, then you'll run into problem with story continuities. If you stay with canon story, then you are looking at side quests that adds little to the main story. And you still run into the problem of turn-based battle.

On the other hand if you go with Kingdom Heart/Zelda route, then you can say goodbye to world map, because it'll most likely be pointless as you can't have proper battle mid-sea.

Again I go back to Suikoden 4, the first and last sea-based RPG that pretty much sucked as far as execution goes.
Old 2012-03-04, 19:10   Link #268
Slayerx

I'm guessing the reason they excluded so many storylines is so they have somewhere to go with the next game... I mean it takes a while for Oda to create new arcs, so it would be hard for Koei to excuse a sequel that would only add three or four more stages to the previous game. By leaving out Thriller bark, Skypeia and so forth, it gives them more places to expand on. In 2 or 3 years, they can release Pirate warriors 2, which will include everything from the first game, as well as some new levels going into the new world and include some of those missing arcs that were not in the first game. By holding back now, they have much more to add for the next game. Next game will probably include Thiller Bark, Skypeia and Kuro arcs (maybe davy back too), in addition to fishman island and a couple of the new world arcs, depending on what we get in the next few years... and even then there will still be some missing arcs as they do the same to make sure they had as much matieral as possible for the 3rd game; Heh, they may even find themselves including some of the filler anime arcs to give themselves even more material.

granted, i would have preferred they left out Drum Island instead of thriller bark if they had to exclude one of the arcs where a member of the crew joins. Afterall Drum island didn't have swarms of enemies and Wapol was only a minor villain. Thriller bark on the other hand had the hordes of zombies and some great villains, most prominently being Moria who was a major villain. Oz himself might have also lent himself to some fun gameplay elements... though maybe that's why they chose to left it; to make sure they had lots of good stuff in the next game
Old 2012-03-05, 00:34   Link #269
Undertaker

Good catch on Oz, I also think that zombie-fied Sanji and Zoro as well as Nightmare Luffy play a role here as well. Too many character to create for just arc and you can't really eliminate some the way you do with CP9 or BW.
Old 2012-03-06, 20:12   Link #270
White Silver King
The Isley

Just saw the playable character list
Old 2012-03-07, 13:30   Link #271
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Silver King View Post
Just saw the playable character list
So, what's wrong with it?
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-07, 17:46   Link #272
DeathStrike
SLASH!

One Piece: Pirate Warriors Sells a Gigantic 655,774 Copies
DeathStrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-08, 11:24   Link #273
kyouray
2D > 3D

Delicious DLC.
Old 2012-03-08, 12:01   Link #274
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyouray View Post
Well lets say I had some doubts about buying this game, they would have been put to rest after seeing that.

If theres one way to sell OP to me it's to give me some Nami, Robin, Hancock or any girl lovely-ness

so

Old 2012-03-08, 14:48   Link #275
White Silver King
The Isley

Quote:
So, what's wrong with it?
It's tiny! No Admirals, no WB Commanders, no CP9, nobody! All we have are the Straw Hats (the majority of which are pre-skip :/) and a few stragglers like Jinbei.
Old 2012-03-08, 15:39   Link #276
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathStrike View Post

Yes, very good, indeed. And really, it's no surprise for reasons I stated a few times already in this thread. Well, these opening sales alone will pretty much guarantee a Pirate Warriors 2 within a year or two.
Old 2012-03-09, 00:57   Link #277
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyouray View Post

That's some damn tasty DLC I see~
Old 2012-03-20, 06:00   Link #278
yakumo-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post

The problem with your setting is that if you construct the game that way, then you'll run into problem with story continuities. If you stay with canon story, then you are looking at side quests that adds little to the main story. And you still run into the problem of turn-based battle.

On the other hand if you go with Kingdom Heart/Zelda route, then you can say goodbye to world map, because it'll most likely be pointless as you can't have proper battle mid-sea.
forget about the turn based battle, how about the gameplay of Tales of Vesperia?
look, this is the gameplay I imagined it to be,, and if you go to 4:50 of the video you can see they also ride a ship..
Spoiler for tales of vesperia:
Old 2012-03-21, 00:30   Link #279
Undertaker

I understand what you trying to say. But you just can't take the battle part out of it considering that OP spends more times on combat than on any adventure or exploring portion of manga.

But even if we take way the combat for a bit, there is still issues, in fact it's the biggest issure with a potential JRPG format OP game.

In Tales, or any other RPG with ship in them for that matter, there is only 3 maybe 4 piece of land mass. The purpose of the ships in those games really offers nothing other than getting you from point A to point B. You might as well have a point-click world map and it won't make much difference. Most adventure and exploration on the world map are still solely focused on the continent and with your two feet.

And that is the biggest hurdle for OP if you are look at making it a JRPG.

How to make the sea-travelling part exciting and interesting. You'll need more than just 3-4 land mass to begin with, some sort of naval confrontation, etc.

Again, Suikoden 4 was the only one I remember that tried it and it failed miserably, almost took the whole franchise with it to the grave.

But really, when you lookat the way OP sets up with it's Pose. It pretty much took away any sea exploration as it dedicated which route you will take. With that, by extension limit and potential OP game to have any sort of story that matters, which is really what JRPG is all about. Who wants to play a game where you know every story details and the next location to go? It only makes an already linear genre that much more linear. Which, last time I checked is the number one reason people have problems with FF13, haters or not.

And if you are going to de-emphasizing on the sea travel as well, and only concentrate on land exploring. Then there are already games that are made with that in mind. The Unlimited franchise of games is exactly that.

But this is starting to get off topic so....

As I'm going oversea on vacation next month so I'll be able to grab the game there and save me on some extra cost.
Old 2012-03-21, 02:14   Link #280
yakumo-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
I understand what you trying to say. But you just can't take the battle part out of it considering that OP spends more times on combat than on any adventure or exploring portion of manga.
But Rpg games tends to do a battle combat everywhere you go

Quote:

But really, when you lookat the way OP sets up with it's Pose. It pretty much took away any sea exploration as it dedicated which route you will take. With that, by extension limit and potential OP game to have any sort of story that matters, which is really what JRPG is all about. Who wants to play a game where you know every story details and the next location to go? It only makes an already linear genre that much more linear. Which, last time I checked is the number one reason people have problems with FF13, haters or not.
since its a game, Im thinking of a filler log posts where nami gets another log posts if the crew wants to go back to East Blue,

In every Island, there is a treasure with an Eternal Log post and you can go back to that island anytime you want... but looking for that treasure will be hard to find ofcourse.

There are mini challenges in the game which you help nami to build the world map by collecting maps all over the place,
you also help Sanji collects some recipe and secret ingredients, you can also join a cooking contest in Logue Town.
you can also help chopper to collect some ingredients for a medicine that could help the crew in battle.
find a secret music instruments for brook to play.
you can also make brook play the original soundtracks of one piece
help franky collect some materials to upgrade Sunny GO.
recruit non canon characters in the crew(Optional)
Discover secret Islands... treasures.... villages and more.

A game doesnt need to follow everything in the original story... its a game.
I just wanted an adventure game of one piece.

Tags
ps3, video games