AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Full Metal Panic

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2017-02-02, 00:50   Link #561
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
All I remember is that Kalinin's wife died while seeing a doctor and it was due to his neglect that partially drove him to defect from the Spetsnaz.

Yeah, him hearing news that Sousuke was brainwashed by the KGB to be one of their assassins also drove him to defect.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2017-02-02, 04:26   Link #562
Alf

Kalinin's wife's doctor was drunk, and there wasn't sufficient facility. So she died with her baby, from a common disease. He considered it murder by the terrible medical environment of his trusted home country.

The one who had his wife cheated him is Tessa's father. The one who suspected his wife cheated him is Sailor(the US submarine captain).
Old 2017-02-02, 12:21   Link #563
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

So since a new anime is coming out, it makes it a perfect time for me to finally watch this series, i had purchased the blurays a while back.

Is the correct order to watch FMP - Fumoffu - TSR?

Also is Fumoffu necessary to watch? I heard it adapts form the short stories and not the actual novels is that correct?
Old 2017-02-02, 20:24   Link #564
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Yep. Fumoffu is just side stories, so it's not needed. But there's a reference of an episode in Fumoffi from TSR.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2017-02-07, 08:55   Link #565
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Throwing this question in regarding the last episode of the 1st season of FMP!

Does anyone know the name of the music when the TDD crew carries the coffins of McAllen and Lian out for burial from Merida?

Old 2017-02-07, 10:05   Link #566
Alf

Fullmetal Panic Original Sound Track Album 2 - track 26 憎しみを越えて (Nikushimi wo Koete/Get Over the Hatred)
Old 2017-02-07, 23:07   Link #567
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

TY. Found one about that late last night.

Old 2017-02-08, 01:36   Link #568
Darthtabby

There's something I've been wondering about for years now. There are a few clips I've seen that appear to be from season one of FMP that I don't remember actually appearing in any of the episodes. In particular there are a couple clips of Kurz singing Karaoke (in one case with Kaname and her friends from school) that appear in the old ADV trailer for the series. Are they from a DVD special or something? I actually own ADV's complete series DVD release for FMP Season One but I haven't come across anything like that.
Old 2017-02-09, 09:54   Link #569
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Looking at it now, I don't think it's in the first episode. Like the TSR trailer, it's mostly either deleted, reworked or just mentioned in dialogue.

----

PS to you novel readers, I forgot if the short story about Kurz's past with his music teacher in junior high was ever made unofficially available in English. Is it out there?

Old 2017-02-27, 04:56   Link #570
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Meanwhile, been trying to get a look at the music used in the TSR episode where Melissa's team managed to escape from being killed in the Cross Yangtze Tunnel after they found out that Mithril has a double agent. It plays especially when their Arm Slaves walk away from the river and Sousuke sees a reflection of the Arbalest.

Old 2018-04-21, 15:12   Link #571
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Did the author got a little bit of inspiration from the Full Metal Jacket film when writing the Full Metal Panic novels?
Old 2018-04-22, 15:15   Link #572
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I once read in a magazine that Full Metal Jacket was an inspiration.

Also, I have a question. Were there things from the novels that had to be censored for the anime? You know like violence from IV's second episode?
Old 2018-05-18, 03:38   Link #573
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Not really sure on that one TBH. I don’t recall the scenes from the LN being violent.

—-

Not sure if I asked this or if someone mentioned it, but I don’t know if Mithril Intelligence and R&D have separate HQs and such.

Old 2018-05-18, 19:48   Link #574
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Now I remember a controversial change regarding the anime. Was Sosuke's birthplace altered? I read something like that in a magazine.

Also, there is something that bugs, but what about Kaname's family? Judging from the season 1's opening, it appears she was in the care of Kyoko's family.

Last edited by Mad Pierrot; 2018-07-30 at 19:27.
Old 2018-07-30, 19:26   Link #575
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Just remembered something. Did Invisible Victory skipped Sosuke's backstory chapter? It involved how Kalinin met Sosuke.
Old 2018-07-31, 01:55   Link #576
dasvik

Send a message via Yahoo to dasvik
No, that one was a side story, not part of the main story. It's in the Side Arms vol. 2 novel if I remember right, the story itself is called Voice from the North.
Closed Thread