AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-04-27, 08:24   Link #1001
Varion
殲滅天使
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
Do magazines in Japan do the same thing that magazines in the United States do, in that a magazine released at the end of July is the August issue? If they do, then it basically starts then, since the end of August would bring the September issue... maybe...?
The issue being released on the 30th of this month is advertised as the June issue. I hope your theory is right.

If it turns out to be a Strikers recap and we have to wait half a year for more... well, the movie information in this better be good. A release date, preferably. August or before!
Varion is offline  
Old 2009-04-27, 08:28   Link #1002
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 30
Well, there's still Vivid coming next month so we'll have some Nanoha fix at least.
Keroko is offline  
Old 2009-04-27, 08:42   Link #1003
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Under a cardboard box
Send a message via MSN to Darco_emp
Gah, I completely missed the small text as well T.T. As Keroko chan said there is still Vivid xD, Besides I'm rather fond of Vivio myself and the time setting for Vivid is before Senki so that may not be a bad thing too xD.
Darco_emp is offline  
Old 2009-04-27, 08:53   Link #1004
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 30
I always did find it a bid odd that they released Senki before Vivid... perhaps this is also done to tune the two manga into one another?

Though I believe Vivid was labeled a spin-off... was it?
Keroko is offline  
Old 2009-04-27, 08:56   Link #1005
Varion
殲滅天使
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Okay, so I'm inclined to believe someone on 2ch has actually got a copy of Nyantype because the posters have been...er, posted. Going to post what being said over there here, though I haven't seen the actual scans myself so take this with a pinch of salt.

- 'Chapter 0' is not a recap of Strikers.
- It is only 8 pages though.
- There's 3 new characters - 'the protagonist is a man' (you what?)
- One of the girls has a nipple slip almost immediately.
- General reaction is 'ripoff'.

I'm... going to refrain from judging before my copy arrives.
Varion is offline  
Old 2009-04-27, 08:58   Link #1006
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 30
That last one had me blink. Ripoff of what, exactly?

Yeah, letting the judge rest sounds like a good thing.
Keroko is offline  
Old 2009-04-27, 09:05   Link #1007
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: [SWE]
Age: 29
*highlights the "not recap" and "male" part*
Negative vibes from the 'ripoff', I'm getting bad mental images, but will judge when I read. Good thing the above is yay.
__________________

NorthernFallout is offline  
Old 2009-04-27, 09:13   Link #1008
Varion
殲滅天使
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
That last one had me blink. Ripoff of what, exactly?

Yeah, letting the judge rest sounds like a good thing.
Nono, ripoff as in not worth the money.

They're arguing about whether the guy really is the main character - it looks like it seems that way from the first chapter but hasn't officially been announced yet. I really wish 2ch would use image upload sites that don't delete images in like, 15mins
Varion is offline  
Old 2009-04-27, 09:14   Link #1009
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: [SWE]
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varion View Post
Nono, ripoff as in not worth the money.
Oh phew...not good for those buying it though :<
__________________

NorthernFallout is offline  
Old 2009-04-27, 09:17   Link #1010
Varion
殲滅天使
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicoX View Post
Oh phew...not good for those buying it though :<
I'm buying two copies One to read, one to scan. I am not happy.

Anyway, looks like there's an interview in it too that confirms Nanoha isn't the protagonist, she's important but not so much initially, and has pretty much been stuck in a mentor role.
Varion is offline  
Old 2009-04-27, 09:21   Link #1011
Tempy
Σ(。д(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Hotsprings Resort
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varion View Post
I'm buying two copies One to read, one to scan. I am not happy.

Anyway, looks like there's an interview in it too that confirms Nanoha isn't the protagonist, she's important but not so much initially, and has pretty much been stuck in a mentor role.
Hark, can you hear it? Nanoha fans everywhere screaming in protest that their loli MILF waifu errr favorite character is no longer the star of the show.

Brace for shitstorm.
__________________
Tempy is offline  
Old 2009-04-27, 09:23   Link #1012
Sheba
Part-Time TTK & Master
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Iwakawa base and Chaldea
Age: 38
So Nanoha is taking the backseat as a mentor like Joseph Joestar?
Sheba is offline  
Old 2009-04-27, 09:42   Link #1013
chaosprophet
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Brazil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varion View Post
Okay, so I'm inclined to believe someone on 2ch has actually got a copy of Nyantype because the posters have been...er, posted. Going to post what being said over there here, though I haven't seen the actual scans myself so take this with a pinch of salt.

- 'Chapter 0' is not a recap of Strikers.
- It is only 8 pages though.
- There's 3 new characters - 'the protagonist is a man' (you what?)
- One of the girls has a nipple slip almost immediately.
- General reaction is 'ripoff'.

I'm... going to refrain from judging before my copy arrives.
This really smell like those fake rumours people spread before a chapter is released. Like it only being 8 pages for instance. It should be much bigger (monthly mangas have bigger chapters than weekly ones, plus the first chapter is usually bigger). And to have an big chapter for the first chapter would be a reason of why they wouldn't start the magazine as monthly. If it have only first chapters they it should be bigger than future numbers and the mangaka need time to make said chapters too.
__________________
chaosprophet is offline  
Old 2009-04-27, 10:00   Link #1014
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varion View Post
Nono, ripoff as in not worth the money.

They're arguing about whether the guy really is the main character - it looks like it seems that way from the first chapter but hasn't officially been announced yet. I really wish 2ch would use image upload sites that don't delete images in like, 15mins
*snrk* As usual the -chans blow stuff out of proportion. At most, this would only mean that we have a new male protagonist who will fight alongside Nanoha.

Still would get a shitstorm brewing, but it's nowhere near as dramatic.
Keroko is offline  
Old 2009-04-27, 10:02   Link #1015
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
At most, this would only mean that we have a new male protagonist who will fight alongside Nanoha.
Just because they decided that there aren't enough people to tease at a relationship with. Shitstorm indeed.
__________________
Badass.
spawnofthejudge is offline  
Old 2009-04-27, 10:17   Link #1016
Varion
殲滅天使
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Oo, finally someone posted an actual picture from the thing. No new characters though.

Varion is offline  
Old 2009-04-27, 10:24   Link #1017
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: [SWE]
Age: 29
Rein...Vita sized...HOLY-
__________________

NorthernFallout is offline  
Old 2009-04-27, 10:26   Link #1018
Sheba
Part-Time TTK & Master
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Iwakawa base and Chaldea
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by varion View Post
oo, finally someone posted an actual picture from the thing. No new characters though.

omg big rein zwei!
Sheba is offline  
Old 2009-04-27, 10:29   Link #1019
Tormenk
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Gaf's Room
And now there's a bit more to go around for cast appearances without the limit of airtime.
__________________


"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline  
Old 2009-04-27, 10:30   Link #1020
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Backyard of Moriya shrine
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varion View Post
Oo, finally someone posted an actual picture from the thing. No new characters though.

Is it just me or Teana's legs are longer than her body?
PhoenixG is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
adventure, manga, nanoha, seinen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:02.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.