AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2009-04-01, 21:53   Link #81
khryoleoz
Power of 9 SoShi-ist

Hmm...

I've always found sex-craft to be the most fun.

Also, fighting for the title of Banchou is cool too.

Oh, and mecha fights that kick reason to the curb giga-drillin' simply rocks!
khryoleoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-02, 04:25   Link #82
Pixelation
Dreamcatcher

I'm not a big fan of people who are supposedly trying to kill each other having a chit-chat during the fight. I automatically lose some respect for a character (especially a villian) who uses the line 'You're pretty good.' or otherwise compliments his opponent. Are you trying to kill each other or is this all some big joke? Maybe it's just me...

Otherwise I like fight fast and fluid with some kind of choreography. Clever or humorous use of the environment really makes fights interesting (see: Jackie Chan, Pirates of the Carribean, etc...)
Pixelation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-02, 10:41   Link #83
fedor mma

I generally like sword fights,hand to hand,gunfights,etc that are semi realistic.Believable enough that I dont face palm yet cool enough to enjoy.I also feel that fights should be quick and decisive like the first few sword fights in scrapped princess or the quick and brutal super powered fights in darker than black.
fedor mma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-02, 11:34   Link #84
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelation View Post
Otherwise I like fight fast and fluid with some kind of choreography.
THIS.

Choreography makes all the difference in presentation and makes even the tedious look exciting while making the exciting look like a masterpiece...

Although I like shounen series like Naruto and Bleach, the anime usually only leaves me seriously engaged for a period amount of time before I fall to the fatigue of the uninspirational...But every now and then, if the animation team can throw in some good action shots and choreograph the scene with fluidity and clarity, I can take it in full...

I.E.: In Bleach, I liked the choreography used during the third Ichigo vs. Byakuya fight during the SS arc...In Naruto, the final Naruto vs. Sasuke fight, and in Shippuuden, the Naruto vs. Orochimaru fight...

The Wachowski Brothers and John Woo also have a good eye for action choreography...Speaking of Star Wars from earlier, George Lucas, as ridiculous as he can be sometimes, had a good eye in the lightsaber duels in Episode III; See how far the scenes in III came from Episode IV, especially the Obi-Wan vs. Vader duels...CG can only do so much if the shots aren't well-placed...

So yes, choreography plays an immense role in my personal interest...
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-02, 12:03   Link #85
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

My benchmark of what a fight should be
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-02, 12:33   Link #86
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

I prefer hand-to-hand fights, without godly superpowers involved (a few supernatural power is ok).

for example in advent children the best fighting scene imho was Tifa against Loz, i really liked it. The rest was just too much over the top for my tastes.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-03, 21:21   Link #87
Nosauz

I prefer highly fluid hand to hand combat or swords, something that evokes the visceral and violent nature of a fight, because fact of the matter is gun fights just are not as stylized as playing an fps. an example of the type of fights i like, would be any fight in samurai champloo, lust/greed v scar
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-03, 23:16   Link #88
LeoXiao
思想工作

I like the kind of fights that are planned out tactically and with high efficiency, like in Black Lagoon where Balalaika has all her troops "herd" the two Romanian kids into a sniper trap.
Otherwise, fights like the kind in Samurai Champloo are good too.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 01:07   Link #89
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

kind with boobies. see: last Grenadier fight.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 01:49   Link #90
tflops
Is Moé-ish

Send a message via Yahoo to tflops
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
Awesome Spear fight. I have to say those moves are epic. Nonetheless, the moves are flawless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo
prefer hand-to-hand fights, without godly superpowers involved (a few supernatural power is ok).

Baki the Grappler
is one good example of that quote.
tflops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 07:29   Link #91
KimmyChan

Most of the fight scenes in Tenjho Tenge and Ikki Tousen are brilliant, not to mention pretty comical in places aswell, I've always enjoyed watching those for a bit of light-hearted entertainment
KimmyChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 09:16   Link #92
jerkette
Sore Ga, Ai Deshou! <3

Hhhmmm.. Well, I liked FMP battles so that would be mecha.
I liked F/SN, so that would be sword battles and magic, too

"Not everything is as it seems."
jerkette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 14:03   Link #93
Zira

Send a message via AIM to Zira
Ohhhh man fight scenes are one of favorite things about anime. I am not really for the whole Bleach/Dragon ball Z type fighting though. I prefer fight scenes like the one in Fullmetal Alchemist between Ed and Greed around ep.30. It was just a beautiful display of an anime fight scene, just beautiful.
Zira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 14:07   Link #94
Zira

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post

Ohhhh I remember this fight scene. I agree with you completely on that one. Compared to DBZ (Which I do like) you can clearly see the fluid movements of them when there dodging and such. Just beautiful.
Old 2009-04-07, 14:13   Link #95
Zira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amray View Post
Epic fights are my favourite. Ones in which the character really, really wants to get revenge by taking the life of his opponent, et cetera. Also, fights where there is a lot of shouting and amazing music to go with it, maybe with added in flashbacks half-way through the duel, they are also great.
You pretty much just described Naruto. Especially when Sasuke and Naruto were fighting at the water fall.
Old 2009-04-08, 11:39   Link #96
idiffer

Send a message via ICQ to idiffer
hm. samurai champloo had good sword fights.
aachi and ssipak had cool gunfights.
couple of awesome fights in naruto.
but the best fist fight award goes to Real drive.(never expected it to have them) this level of fluidity sends ikkitousen, tenjho tenge, kenichi and the like to hell.
so i like motion fluidity in fights. and i would have liked very long fights, if there were any. (dbz and naruto - fail. they talk to much, the adrenaline goes away fast)
c) Your mind is too narrow to embrace my genius, de geso.
d) I was accidentally dropped into a barrel of whiskey, so now I am constantly drunk.
e) Go home and die! Dattebayo!
idiffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 12:33   Link #97
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Over-the-top or comedic fights are my favorites. A recent show, Sengoku Basara, is a good example.

Basically, I don't watch shows for serious fights, so I don't take them seriously.

Edit: Ah, but magic fights are fun to watch.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 12:05   Link #98
Echoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimmyChan View Post
Most of the fight scenes in Tenjho Tenge and Ikki Tousen are brilliant, not to mention pretty comical in places aswell, I've always enjoyed watching those for a bit of light-hearted entertainment
Lighthearted they certainly are, and fun, but I wouldn't use the word brilliant to describe anything in either of those series.

As for me, I probably prefer some sort of hand to hand combat, either with weapons or barehanded, but anything that's done "right" works for me. I like mecha fights, gun fights, supernatural battles, intellectual trickeries and just about anything you can throw at me. Anything that's choreographed well always tickles my fancy, and if a lot of people die and there's blood and guts flying everywhere, that's just dandy.
Old 2009-04-10, 13:40   Link #99
stelok
I My Me Strawberry Eggs

Send a message via ICQ to stelok Send a message via AIM to stelok Send a message via MSN to stelok Send a message via Yahoo to stelok
The best fight scene was Archer versus Berserker fight from Fate/Stay Night.
stelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 15:33   Link #100
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Obviously adrenalin-pumping gunfights would be my first choice like those in Ghost in the Shell, but I consider most of the sword-fightscenes reaching the quality of FSN enjoyable too.
I don't like fights with ridiculous superpowers, needless dialogues infight (biggest turn-off really), too flashy animation (especially with inappropriate colors).
I find mecha-fights silly too, but I can watch such series where they play some part, provided they aren't the main aspect of the series (like FMP). I especially dislike mechafights with swords or lances (not to mention bows lol), the concept itself seems so impractical and illogical, that I sometimes find myself asking "what the hell I'm watching again?".
izmosmolnar is offline   Reply With Quote