AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-29, 10:50   Link #1441
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Being a Cyborg with enhanced vision, I doubt Quattro is near-sighted. The glasses are probably just for show.
As long as we're discussing eyesight, why didn't Jail ever get Cinque's right eye replaced? I mean it's not like he was ever wanting for cybernetic parts, so why didn't he give her a new implant?

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2009-06-29, 11:09   Link #1442
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

It's possible that Cinque specifically requested that her eye not be regenerated / replaced. It's a battle scar, a badge of honor in of itself for Cinque's victory over an S-ranked Knight. It could be out of respect for Zest, or some sort of personal pride. To regenerate or replace that eye would be to water down that victory, even if it leaves a permanent deformity.
Old 2009-06-29, 13:51   Link #1443
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Is it ever mentioned what exactly Jail was doing with the Relics? I know he needed Vivio's relic to activate the Cradle and he was telling Lutecia he needed a specific Relic to rez her mom (come to think of it, was he just telling her that to get her to look for Vivio's Relic?), but what was he doing or intending to do with the other relics he collected?

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2009-06-29, 16:24   Link #1444
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
Is it ever mentioned what exactly Jail was doing with the Relics? I know he needed Vivio's relic to activate the Cradle and he was telling Lutecia he needed a specific Relic to rez her mom (come to think of it, was he just telling her that to get her to look for Vivio's Relic?), but what was he doing or intending to do with the other relics he collected?
Yeah, I think his telling Lutecia about requiring a Relic was just his way of controlling her for his own purposes.
Old 2009-06-30, 21:37   Link #1445
xiaoamy
Magical Fan!

How many relics are in the Nanoha series?
Can you name them out?
Old 2009-06-30, 22:43   Link #1446
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiaoamy View Post
Can you name them out?
Acording to this, the "relics" or "Lost Logia" are remains of what was the old Belkan Imperie, who was a bast kingdom rich in magic that for not very clear reasons dissapearad, so, there can't be an exactly number of relics because as I said, they're remains of the Belkan Imperie.
Old 2009-06-30, 23:39   Link #1447
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Rick View Post
Acording to this, the "relics" or "Lost Logia" are remains of what was the old Belkan Imperie, who was a bast kingdom rich in magic that for not very clear reasons dissapearad, so, there can't be an exactly number of relics because as I said, they're remains of the Belkan Imperie.
I meant Relics as in "glowing red crystal-shaped Lost Logia that Jail is after", not relics as in "Lost Logia and old magical artifacts in general".

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiaoamy View Post
Can you name them out?
Let me think...
  • One in the ruins from the first few chapters of the StrikerS manga.
  • One was responsible for blowing up the 8th Coastal Airport in the StrikerS manga and StrikerS episode 1.
  • One was on the train in episode 5
  • I think there was one at Hotel Augusta in eps. 7-8
  • One was found with Vivio, that was most likely her relic
  • Might have been a few more in the StrikerS manga, but I think that's all of them.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2009-06-30, 23:46   Link #1448
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
I meant Relics as in "glowing red crystal-shaped Lost Logia that Jail is after", not relics as in "Lost Logia and old magical artifacts in general".

Let me think...
  • One in the ruins from the first few chapters of the StrikerS manga.
  • One was responsible for blowing up the 8th Coastal Airport in the StrikerS manga and StrikerS episode 1.
  • One was on the train in episode 5
  • I think there was one at Hotel Augusta in eps. 7-8
  • One was found with Vivio, that was most likely her relic
  • Might have been a few more in the StrikerS manga, but I think that's all of them.
Jail had a whole lot of them in his base, iirc. like dozens of them at the very least.
Old 2009-07-01, 17:43   Link #1449
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

A small wondering about TSAB-Administered World No.61 and the nature preservation. StrikerS shows Caro and Erio a small bit at the end and SSX has a small episode with them capturing illegal hunters while also showing a bit more. However, do we know anything more about No. 61? Cities, the whole world, other areas, etc.

I'm planning an episode here and unless there is more canon info I'll have to build it up...which will be fun of course.

Old 2009-07-01, 18:13   Link #1450
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Like everything else about StrikerS, everything we know about World 61 is the basics: Nature preservation planet, with floating islands. Nothing else asides from that however.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2009-07-01, 18:18   Link #1451
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Has it been explained why (other than convenient plot device) Arisa and Suzuka were active in the barrier during the fight with the Book of Darkness in A's? Do they have magic potential or something, which allowed them to be active within it while no one else was?
Old 2009-07-01, 18:31   Link #1452
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

As far as I know, that's a giant plothole that has never been approached officially.
Old 2009-07-01, 19:29   Link #1453
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
As far as I know, that's a giant plothole that has never been approached officially.
That and a Triangle Hearts shout-out.
Old 2009-07-01, 19:35   Link #1454
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
That and a Triangle Hearts shout-out.
What's the shout-out about? I only have a rudimentary knowledge of Triangle Hearts 3. I'm guessing it involves Arisa's plotline in the game?
Old 2009-07-01, 20:19   Link #1455
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
What's the shout-out about? I only have a rudimentary knowledge of Triangle Hearts 3. I'm guessing it involves Arisa's plotline in the game?
It's because in Triangle Hearts, Arisa is a ghost, and Shinobu (Suzuka's older sister--I believe Suzuka herself is a Nanoha-original character unless she was introduced in the fandisc? My TH knowledge is not what it could be) is a vampire (presumably in the Japanese Vampire sense in that they're born, grow up, have families, etc.) implying that Suzuka is one too. Thus as they'd both be supernatural creatures, they'd get sucked into a barrier that scoops up only the magically active.

(There's another wink-and-a-nudge of sorts in the A's manga, chapter 4, when Suzuka flashes superhuman physical abilities in the dodgeball game. )
Old 2009-07-02, 07:16   Link #1456
Tormenk

Another theory is that the barrier registered the two as targets as well. Possible, since Arisa and Suzuka did visit Hayate right before things got ugly and Reinforce just included them along with Nanoha and Fate as targets for elimination.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Old 2009-07-03, 10:45   Link #1457
Frisko

If one doesn't include characters that are much older then they look (e.g. Signum), is Nanoha the oldest magical girl in any anime/manga?
Old 2009-07-03, 16:45   Link #1458
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Lindy, Quint and Megane still beat their daughters by several decades. I mean, Lindy alone has to be at the very least in her 40's during StrikerS.
Old 2009-07-03, 16:49   Link #1459
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Not that you can really tell with Lindy. She ages like a fine wine. =X
Old 2009-07-03, 17:16   Link #1460
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Name me one woman in Nanoha who doesn't. I mean even Mizetto of the 3 admirals, who herself has got to be over a hundred years old has certainly managed to age with grace.
Closed Thread