Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-08-20, 04:05   Link #1
P.G.
Rated P.G. Superstar

Send a message via MSN to P.G.
Magical Battle Arena

-------

3D Magical action game from fly-system.. best game i played so far, have been playing since the trial was released.. still haven't tried the netplay thou.

some info / image
Spoiler for Nanoha:

Spoiler for Fate:

Spoiler for Sakura:

Spoiler for Kirara:

Spoiler for Sarara:

Ver. 1.01+ characters

Spoiler for Lina:

Spoiler for Naga:

Spoiler for Kukuri:

Unlockable boss/characters

Spoiler for Ruru:

Spoiler for Nowel:

Spoiler for Gadget Drone:
P.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-20, 08:36   Link #2
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Send a message via MSN to johnishida
I have been playing this game with my friends lately! If you wish to play feel free to PM me or add to your MSN though, I will probably be able to play only in the afternoon...
Old 2008-08-20, 11:34   Link #3
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Ahh, I was thinking why I couldn't see a thread for this, it only just cropped up

Great fighting game methinks. It ranks way up there with higurashi daybreak. The controls took a bit to get used to (not to mention my hard earned victories before discovering how to pull off each character's individual moves) but when it clicked, it turned from blind frustration to being lots of fun

Favorite character for me is obviously fate chan...though she isn't the easiest character to fight with. Sarara is awesome as a ranged character and I find it more fun to play with her than Nanoha funnily enough...both possessing the deadly Starlight Breakers

Here is a nice blog post for the game with translations of the menu.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-20, 15:43   Link #4
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

The game is fully occupying my inspirational time slot, I didn't get to draw anything today lol

My Nanoha lost to Sakura in the story mode for an hour already, I have no idea how to survive her onslaught of Firey and Fight cards lol

Most probably its because of Nanoha's long charge times though.

Great game I just don't feel like stopping even after losing so much lol
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-20, 16:00   Link #5
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Ohhh...Naga! I might look up this game.
Old 2008-08-20, 16:02   Link #6
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
The game is fully occupying my inspirational time slot, I didn't get to draw anything today lol

My Nanoha lost to Sakura in the story mode for an hour already, I have no idea how to survive her onslaught of Firey and Fight cards lol

It happened to me as well! T_T

A tip... Keep knocking her out then, use Axel Shoot and Divine Buster while she's downed and never get too close to her... Eventually you will be able to use the Starlight Breaker and finish her off...
Old 2008-08-20, 16:07   Link #7
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

@C.A If you are having trouble with Sakura now...just wait til you get to Ruru...I swear the bit*h is a TANK >.>

For sakura, my tip would be to not even enter melee combat with her unless she is stunned (even that is dangerous though and you are better off knocking her back after a few hits). She frequently spams teleport and "fight" which makes her awful to fight in close range.

Also, I read that you said "long charges" for Nanoha, you can still her divine buster and axcel shooter even without being full charged...lot less damage but at least it is instant.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Old 2008-08-20, 16:15   Link #8
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
@C.A If you are having trouble with Sakura now...just wait til you get to Ruru...I swear the bit*h is a TANK >.>
Ruru was hard with Nanoha but, quite easy to beat with Fate... I took me five retries to beat her with Nanoha nothing can stop an Excellion Buster while with Fate I beat her the first time... Maybe because I was a bit used to her by then...

Noval, on the other hand... Was harder with Fate than with Nanoha... Mainly 'cause, or so it seems, Fate's Zamber Breaker y weaker than Nanoha's Starlight Breaker and could not kill most of the drones with one hit.
Old 2008-08-20, 16:17   Link #9
Aaron008R

Oh, good. Now it has a topic. >:3

Might as well port over my small review from the Nanoha forums. XP

Spoiler for Promo vid:

Since I enjoyed it quite a bit, I was inspired to do a quick review of the playable characters in the game as of the current version. >:3

Spoiler for Usable characters and short descriptions:

I'm telling you, it's a bucketload of fun!

Using Nanoha or Fate does not disappoint for the most part. And the slew of other characters are all interesting and fun to use as well! (As for me, Lina is a pure joy to use! Dragon Slave trumps even Starlight Breaker! XD)

Game website: http://fly-system.net/product/mba/index.htm

As for my status report, I've already finished the games a number of times, as well as unlocking all the possible characters. As far as I've gathered, these are the conditions...

Ruru = Beat the game once with any character
Nowel = Beat the game with Ruru
Gadget Drone = Beat the game with Nowel

It's not easy, specially Nowel's final stage that's bordering on psychedelic levels of uneven odds and difficulty... But unlocking all of the characters does leave you satisfied.

My playthru's are...
  1. Fate: I beat my first playthru with Fate.:3 Her Haken Saber saved me lots of times specially against Ruru.
  2. Sakura: I dunno if this counts. Since the game hung when I was on Nowel's stage. >< Sakura is incredibly versatile and effective, though. :3
  3. Ruru: Using and winning with her was EASY. Her drill-rushing style is a little too effective. >< She has the best ending battle of all the characters, though. That last battle (not spoiling) was EPIC!!!
  4. Nowel: I just LOVE Nowel's playing style! Her route is the most difficult one, but it's the most rewarding. DIMENSION BREAKER FTW! Nothing beats the sight of total annihilation with this spell! XD
  5. Lina: She's the character I perform best with. And going by those lines, her route in the story mode is the only one where I didn't die even once. Her Dragon Slave works wonders.
  6. Nanoha: Nanoha performed well for me as well. The only enemy I lost a couple of times to was Fate, but I guess that's to be expected.XD

And along with some comments on some other characters...
Kirara: I don't really use her, so I can't say much. Her melee is superb, that much is certain.
Sarara: Another of my favorite characters. Sadly, I can't play story mode with her since my game hangs...T_T her range style is more speedy than Nanoha's. But she's noticeably more fragile and weaker than Nanoha. I hope they buff her stats up a bit in a later patch.
Kukuri: She kinda looks like a joke. Her attacks mostly look like jokes. But believe me, her attacks are NO joke... Her damage-potential with her attacks are superior to most of the characters here.

And regarding enemies, I find Sakura extremely easy if you use hit&run. Instead of charging Divine Buster when using Nanoha, I just tend to fire it off immediately despite the smaller damage since it gives me openings. On the other hand, I find Fate a difficult opponent due to her speed. ><

And Deathkillz, I completely agree with you. 80% of my deaths in story mode are dealt by that Drill Loli! >_____<

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2

Last edited by Aaron008R; 2008-08-20 at 18:52.
Aaron008R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-20, 16:19   Link #10
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnishida View Post
Ruru was hard with Nanoha but, quite easy to beat with Fate... I took me five retries to beat her with Nanoha nothing can stop an Excellion Buster while with Fate I beat her the first time... Maybe because I was a bit used to her by then...

Noval, on the other hand... Was harder with Fate than with Nanoha... Mainly 'cause, or so it seems, Fate's Zamber Breaker y weaker than Nanoha's Starlight Breaker and could not kill most of the drones with one hit.
Really? Nowel was cake walk for me after the hell that I've been through with Ruru. Even without taking out all the drones against Nowel, partner CPU Nanoha did a pretty good job at stalling whilst I blaster her with plasma lancers

Seriously...you are damn lucky or awesome to be able to beat Ruru first try...she took me forever...and during the process I was screaming for death

Old 2008-08-20, 16:27   Link #11
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Quote:
Really? Nowel was cake walk for me after the hell that I've been through with Ruru. Even without taking out all the drones against Nowel, partner CPU Nanoha did a pretty good job at stalling whilst I blaster her with plasma lancers

Seriously...you are damn lucky or awesome to be able to beat Ruru first try...she took me forever...and during the process I was screaming for death
I would say lucky... Lots of Hacken Saber then Plasma Lancer saved my day. Of course the occasional Zamber Breaker
Old 2008-08-20, 16:37   Link #12
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal

Well I've played this game once ( too much occuptied with Subterranean Animism :3) and I must say nice graphics and sound/BGM, but the game balance sucks. Getting knocked down is the same as game over. >.>
PhoenixG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-20, 16:54   Link #13
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Button bash...you will get up a lot faster that way after getting stunned.

SA is awesome too, but I'm rather hooked onto this atm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
And along with some comments on some other characters...
Kirara: I don't really use her, so I can't say much. Her melee is superb, that much is certain.
Sarara: Another of my favorite characters. Sadly, I can't play story mode with her since my game hangs...T_T her range style is more speedy than Nanoha's. But she's noticeably more fragile and weaker than Nanoha. I hope they buff her stats up a bit in a later patch.
Kukuri: She kinda looks like a joke. Her attacks mostly look like jokes. But believe me, her attacks are NO joke... Her damage-potential with her attacks are superior to most of the characters here.
I'm surprised you dont really use Kira and Sara as they are both quite good.

Kira is quite scary when she gets into melee range with her special + melee and in you know how to manage teleport well not to mention how fast her ultimate pulls off.

I actually find Sara more fun to play with than Nanoha, which is ironic being the clone of Nanoha (somewhat). He special + range beam is just as good as divine buster and her Dragoons are fun to watch as they dive right into the enemies. But she is definitely weaker than Nanoha in defense.

Kukuri makes me laugh to use and even more funny when beaten by her

Old 2008-08-20, 17:02   Link #14
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixG View Post
Well I've played this game once ( too much occuptied with Subterranean Animism :3) and I must say nice graphics and sound/BGM, but the game balance sucks. Getting knocked down is the same as game over. >.>
As to be expected of Phean... :3

Quote:
Button bash...you will get up a lot faster that way after getting stunned.

Quote:
I'm surprised you dont really use Kira and Sara as they are both quite good.
Hey, I use Sara. Though Kira not so much. She IS good and is quite difficult to fight against. But I'm just more inclined to play as the ranged fighters like Nanoha, Sarara and Nowel. =/

Quote:
Kira is quite scary when she gets into melee range with her special + melee and in you know how to manage teleport well not to mention how fast her ultimate pulls off.
Her Ultimate can successfully blow the big laser ultimates and even reach the enemy if timed right. ><

Quote:
I actually find Sara more fun to play with than Nanoha, which is ironic being the clone of Nanoha (somewhat). He special + range beam is just as good as divine buster and her Dragoons are fun to watch as they dive right into the enemies. But she is definitely weaker than Nanoha in defense.
Agreed there.
Sara's Dragoons are specially useful when you are knocked down (you can still use them) and when you have to stop an enemy's advance. Since once they are deployed, they can be sent against enemies even when down or charging (and even casting) another spell.

Quote:
Kukuri makes me laugh to use and even more funny when beaten by her
I got killed by her ultimate giant spiky jellyfish Tesla Coil thingy at one time...>____>
And that was at about 3/5 my health bar remaining... <____<

OC Profiles

Last edited by Aaron008R; 2008-08-20 at 18:58.
Old 2008-08-20, 17:21   Link #15
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Wow the thread has grown alot since I left and continued with the game. And yes I still haven't killed Ruru with Nanoha.

Nanoha's lack of melee is a mega disadvantage or at least from this first play through that I'm still experiencing, I found that every one else has more melee hits than she does. And Ruru can even counterattack when my melee attack is still going on, which I have no idea how to do that.

I assume the game would be much much easier with a joypad, because it seems the keyboard don't really function well with keys clashing. While I'm still able to execute Starlight Breaker, I have zero luck at trying to get behind an enemy lol

As much as I love Nanoha-chan, I can't wait to try a melee character, especially Fate-chan and the mini Gurren Lagann lol
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-20, 18:17   Link #16
Gotank
Evil Chewy Thing

Pretty awesome game. Nowel and Nanoha probably fit my playstyle of 'spam and run' the best. I get the feeling Nowel is somewhat overpowered, since her bind attack allows you to get a free beam in every time it hits. And it's rather difficult dodging the bind thing unless you're constantly moving. Probably one of the premier 1v1 characters out there... Too bad her close range attacks kind of suck IMO.

Working on a big project!
Gotank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-20, 19:03   Link #17
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Hey, I use Sara. Though Kira not so much. She IS good and is quite difficult to fight against. But I'm just more inclined for the ranged fighters like Nanoha, Sarara and Nowel. =/
I'm a melee type kind of fighter but I have to admit that it is quite hard in this game to get in close without being on the receiving of some pretty haxx timed melee damage...especially from Sakura and Ruru
Quote:
Wow the thread has grown alot since I left and continued with the game. And yes I still haven't killed Ruru with Nanoha.

I assume the game would be much much easier with a joypad, because it seems the keyboard don't really function well with keys clashing. While I'm still able to execute Starlight Breaker, I have zero luck at trying to get behind an enemy lol
Tactics on Ruru...run like she is the plague.

And yes...I think it is worth getting a gamepad for any games like this for the PC (they aren't expensive and will be a hell a lot easier to play).

Old 2008-08-20, 19:11   Link #18
Aaron008R

Quote:

Nanoha's lack of melee is a mega disadvantage or at least from this first play through that I'm still experiencing, I found that every one else has more melee hits than she does. And Ruru can even counterattack when my melee attack is still going on, which I have no idea how to do that.
What I did:
- Target the drones. They give you LOTS of power for your Magic Burst Gauge Amount (the one used for Full Drive). Killing one usually means a full bar. After that, RUN LIKE HELL away from Ruru and try to blast her with an uncharged Divine Buster/Accel Shooter, and RUN LIKE HELL again so you can shoot her with Starlight Breaker. After that, RUN LIKE HELL some more and recharge your energy with the help of those hapless drones and SLB Ruru (after the 'RUN LIKE HELL!!! step) again. Rinse and Repeat (AND RUN LIKE HELL!!!). Taking on Ruru on melee with a ranged character is suicide.><

Quote:
I get pretty used to the controls... since I can't get myself a gamepad in the first place... ;_;

Quote:
As much as I love Nanoha-chan, I can't wait to try a melee character, especially Fate-chan and the mini Gurren Lagann lol
Fate is a good pick for that. And Gurren-Lagann-tan makes winning EASY. ><

Quote:
I'm a melee type kind of fighter but I have to admit that it is quite hard in this game to get in close without being on the receiving of some pretty haxx timed melee damage...especially from Sakura and Ruru
Gotta hate those unblockable melee moves.

Quote:
Tactics on Ruru...run like she is the plague.
He speaks the truth! >_<

OC Profiles

Last edited by Aaron008R; 2008-08-20 at 19:46.
Old 2008-08-20, 19:44   Link #19
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Utau
Quote:

Hah! glad to see a comrade. Been using Sarara in story mode and ever since I got to Sakura's stage(which is only stage 2) I haven't won even once

Her fiery skill is deadly as hell and if that's not bad enough try being hit while you're down.

Sakura's melee combo is h4x same as Kirara's, I don't know about Feito coz I haven't used her yet even in training.
Utau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-20, 19:50   Link #20
P.G.
Rated P.G. Superstar

Send a message via MSN to P.G.
Quote:
Wow the thread has grown alot since I left and continued with the game.
I was actually surprised. I only slept for a few hours after reading the 1st 2 replies on this thread. And when I wake up it over 10 replies

Quote:
The game is fully occupying my inspirational time slot
actually mine too.

Quote:
Sara's Dragoons are specially useful when you are knocked down (you can still use them) and when you have to stop an enemy's advance. Since once they are deployed, they can be sent against enemies even when down or charging (and even casting) another spell.
Quote:
Quote:
The awesomeness really depends on how you can use her.
Puron Tenkai aka Dragoon is very versatile like for an example. (single, one at a time or all at once.)

It can be used anytime while attacking(melee,ranged),dashing,defending, or even knocked down etc.
After getting hit by FT, I can cast Luna(r) blaster quickly(uncharged)
when casting any charged spell or ultimate skills
- While LB is being charged, I can use FT as a cover, and before casting Luna Flare.
- stunning the opponent casting LINK(2nd ultimate skill) next.

Most of the range atks of all the characters has a hit stun when holding Z or the ranged atk command.

And I really like her charged def(hoshi no ibuki), since it can hold any charged atk(excluding the ultimate skills, I think it can defend sometime but not 100%) unharmed and manage to restore some hit points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixG View Post
I must say nice graphics and sound/BGM. >.>
indeed, btw you can use your own music files for the game.

Quote:
Oh, good. Now it has a topic. >:3

Might as well port over my small review from the Nanoha forums. XP

Since I enjoyed it quite a bit, I was inspired to do a quick review of the playable characters in the game as of the current version. >:3
Now that really contributes to the thread

Quote:

1. Lina: She's the character I perform best with. And going by those lines, her route in the story mode is the only one where I didn't die even once. Her Dragon Slave works wonders.
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnishida View Post

Same as here.. after I got the patch.. I've use Lina on my very 1st story mode.. and she is really great. If Fireball won't kill them then, DS would do
P.G. is offline   Reply With Quote